• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"The Marvels" - Teaser

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I mean, if you want to take it that a British mathematician went on holiday to Norway to that shrine, read Norse runes on the wall, and decided to call his mathematical construction that in 1888, that's your headcanon and you are welcome to it.
Well given that Charles Hilton was a Theosophist who saw the tesseract and exploration of higher dimensions as having moral and spiritual aspects it is quite possible that he had direct contact with Asgardians or Eternals or something who told him about the Tesseract before he wrote his book

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
Were they the main villains?
The Grandmaster was the most important character in the whole movie, on account of being played by Jeff Goldblum.

And you could make a case for the Power Broker being the main villain of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on account of being the one who sets the seemingly primary villains in motion. Sort of the Thanos to their Chitauri (albeit at a much, much lower level).
Wasn't that considered a scene that gets sort of 4th wall erased?
HulkKing hulking out, yes. But he was still responsible for a lot of the harassment Jennifer faced during the show, and he's still around and could cause more trouble.
X-Men were Fox's fault. The only good things coming out of them were Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine.
And Deadpool.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Grandmaster was the most important character in the whole movie, on account of being played by Jeff Goldblum.
I cant recall if there were any other characters in the entire movie, though I do remember Jeff Goldblum putting on a show to entertain the masses

I liked Quantumania, but I wasn't overly pleased by it. My issue with the movie was that it was a movie that would never have happened if the characters had just communicated. If Kang explained to Janet why he needed to do what he does, she would probably have gone along with it. If Janet had explained to her family why the shouldn't go into the quantum realm, Kathryn wouldn't have built her plot device. Communication... destroyer of plots.
Yeah. Even as a viewer it was pretty obvious that Kang wanted to stop someone even worse than him, and that talking things out was in everyone's best interest. But they didn't.
I have no idea why anyone would be against the trailer or what it showed. I am completely in the dark about this. What did they find in the trailer that they found so objectionable?
Not "objectionable" but "incomprehensible and dull." Someone upthread mentioned "continuity lock" and I assume that's what happened: they made a trailer that had trouble appealing to people like me who aren't already familiar with and emotionally invested in the characters.

It's not about objections to female leads: Little Women is practically all female and most adaptations of it are extremely enjoyable. Black Widow was great. It's not even impossible that The Marvels will turn out to be much better than its trailer (although usually movies go the other way). But that trailer was Greek to me.

Clint_L

Legend
Not "objectionable" but "incomprehensible and dull." Someone upthread mentioned "continuity lock" and I assume that's what happened: they made a trailer that had trouble appealing to people like me who aren't already familiar with and emotionally invested in the characters.

It's not about objections to female leads: Little Women is practically all female and most adaptations of it are extremely enjoyable. Black Widow was great. It's not even impossible that The Marvels will turn out to be much better than its trailer (although usually movies go the other way). But that trailer was Greek to me.
Really. So you think the reason this trailer got about 100 times as many dislikes as a typical trailer is because it is just that bad. 100 times worse than any other trailer, apparently. That's your argument?

I feel that this is a disingenuous argument. Everyone knows why it got reviewed-bombed: the incel crowd hates Brie Larson because she had the temerity to advocate for equal pay and job opportunities for women.

It's not like they are even trying to hide it, or haven't done it before.

Only Waititi could make Jeff Goldblum forgettable. I completely forgot which movie he was in.
And you could make a case for the Power Broker being the main villain of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on account of being the one who sets the seemingly primary villains in motion. Sort of the Thanos to their Chitauri (albeit at a much, much lower level).
Very true.
HulkKing hulking out, yes. But he was still responsible for a lot of the harassment Jennifer faced during the show, and he's still around and could cause more trouble.
Good point.
And Deadpool.
Only begrudgingly. Fox made Deadpool a l.ong time ago, but they had to be forced into making it after the Deadpool video was purposefully leaked. Their original try at Deadpool gave us the epic level tragedy that was the mouthless, laser-eye shooting, teleporting Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Yeah. Even as a viewer it was pretty obvious that Kang wanted to stop someone even worse than him, and that talking things out was in everyone's best interest. But they didn't.
Exactly.
Not "objectionable" but "incomprehensible and dull."
I'm just curious, but what did you see that made it incomprehensible and/or dull?
Someone upthread mentioned "continuity lock" and I assume that's what happened: they made a trailer that had trouble appealing to people like me who aren't already familiar with and emotionally invested in the characters.
I'm barely familiar with the characters and I'm not invested in any of them, and I found the trailer appealing. It looks far better than the movies that have recently been put out by Marvel.

Really. So you think the reason this trailer got about 100 times as many dislikes as a typical trailer is because it is just that bad. 100 times worse than any other trailer, apparently. That's your argument?
Nope. But I do think that a good trailer wouldn't have attracted nearly so much negative attention.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads