The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Hades#2

Explorer
"Fascinating! Mage bred animals and trees? One wonders what other secrets they have? Perhaps they are involved with the missing Clawfoots? Could it be they are experimenting on the Clawfoots? If they could improve them somehow it could bring great profit to house Vadalis. How to proceed with further investigation? Do we use the darkness to look around or would they have sentries or magical wards?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Sentries can always be bypassed, if that's the way we want to go," says Tillington with fasr too much confidence. "Only way to find out ids to try."

"Sentries can always be bypassed, if that's the way we want to go," says Tillington with fasr too much confidence. "Only way to find out ids to try."
"Or we could be upfront about it with the House, just not with this facility. So they know there are agents on the field. If this is inside job we just need to make sure these people don't know about it. I'd avoid 'bypassing' as you say. It's breaking the law."
Ozzar is not happy with Malix and Tillington suggestions.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
A bit before the plotting starts:

"Of course, of course, feel free to look around!" Eixek brings his pitch to a lower pressure as he walks into a nearby office. "I'll be right in here."
"Just remember,"
He adds. "Sometimes when you are looking for an animal, the right one will come to you!" Then closes the door with a wink.

GM: Hoo-boy the holiday season is a doozy! Any plans for getting in yet?

Ozzar follows Eixek into the office.

"I was wondering about the animals. If they are intelligent, can't they choose their owners? And do you need security if they can warn you by themselves? I mean, they are valuable but are they still animals or they are...erm...beings...you know...intelligent."

"What else do you have?" Ozzar is gruff, but seems genuinely interested.
"Even if I cannot afford something NOW doesn't mean I won't be later. And knowing prices is to have a target to meet."

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
In his office, Eixek turns to answer the questions:

"Let's see, where is that pamphlet?" He rhetorically asks while digging through the cabinet.

"Ah-ha!" he lays out the paperwork with aplomb. "Always nice to work with a House, don't you agree? Everything has it's place and proper procedure."

Standard Vadalis Pricings
Animal Sizes are Galifarian Standard.
Stables, per day. Comes with Special V blend Feed.Prices are x4 for huge animals.
Standard3 sp
Exotic6 sp
Husbandry services, per dayPrices are x4 for huge animals.
Standard5 sp
Exotic1 gp
Feed (per day) Prices are x4 for huge animals.
Standard5 cp
Special V blend1 sp
Saddles:Prices are doubled for huge animals.Comes in Leather and Plant Fiber. Enchantments available in conjunction from House Cannith West.
Pack5 gp
Riding10 gp
Military20 gp
Exotic60 gp
Saddlebags4 gp
Bit and Bridle2 gp
Shoeing2 cp
Barding:Made to order, prices very depending on size.All standard materials available. Enchantments available in conjunction from House Cannith West.
Tiny, Smallx1
Mediumx2
Largex4
Hugex8
Animalsnon Magebred animals available for import at half priceAll male animals are non-Studs.
Equine:
Donkey16 gp
Pony60 gp
Draft100 gp
Riding150 gp
Warhorse800 gp
Canine:Spell-enhanced breeds cost x1.5 price
Toy50 gp
Small domestic30 gp
Sled100 gp
Guard40 gp
Hunting60 gp
War50 gp
Whitewood Ranch Special, Alarm Animal
Standard Styles:30 gp.
Almiraj
Bat
Cat
Crab
Fish
Fox
Frog
Hare
Hawk
Lizard
Octopus
Owl
Rat
Raven
Seahorse
Snake
Spider
Weasel
Exotic stylesAlso available for familiar binding.
Cranium Rat50g
Flying Monkey60g
Tressym70g
Training another animalAnimal cost +50 gp
Farm Animals:
Chicken4 cp
Cow20 gp
Ox30 gp
Pig6 gp
Goat1 gp
Sheep2 gp
Tribex40 gp
Rare animals:
Axe Beak100 gp
Camel100 gp
Elephant400 gp
Moorbounder800 gp
Fastieth50 gp
Whitewood:
Per Cord, cut to order1 gp
Custom sized pillars per cubic foot2 cp

"If the current animals here aren't to you liking, we can have any type of animal bred by House Vadalis shipped here within a week." Eixek says with a smile. "Naturally, we also offer husbandry, training and stabling survices!"

The question of animal intelligence takes the man aback for a moment. "Oh don't worry, our animals are still quite animal! I know the Treaty of Thronehold has some people up in arms over what a person is, but I can assure you, these aren't! Even the druids in the Reaches would still call them animals."

After clearing his throat, as if to change the subject. "As for imprinting, that is absolutely no problem at all! Making that kind of magic happen is a House Vadalis specialty!"

"The alarm animals each have their own way of communication, typical chirps and purrs, gentile nudges, shrieking like the world is ending, and even telepathy! Most of them aren't too handy in a fight, but we can train one of our more combat ready animals to do the same. Guard Dogs with extra abilities are very popular, especially among the nobles!"

Last edited:

"Wow! For half o' these I don't even know what they are not to say pronounce their names." Ozzar is stumped by the sheer variability implied in foreign names
"Do you have monsters from Chult? Those...Dyno-saws? Things that some halflings ride? For me personally, I'd go with some digging thingy such as badger or...I know! Umber Hulk.

Prices are a bit above our current ability."

Hades#2

Explorer
"A very impressive list! I was unaware that house Vadalis was so diverse with their offerings. Could some of these animals be used to eavesdrop on others? I am sure there would be much interest in such creatures."Xian inquired.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Aw, c'mon," says Tillington, knowing enough not to mention the big bag of gold out loud. "We got some money. Maybe just a Tressym or..." (he pretends to run his thumb down the list) "...an Axe-beak?"

Last edited:

Remove ads