• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The (new) Immortals Handbook Thread

Hey Fieari dude! :)

Fieari said:
Looks like you've got a case of the 90/10 rule. First 90% of the job takes 90% of the time. Last 10% of the job takes the other 90% of the time.

Thats probably a fair appraisal.

Fieari said:
Honestly though Krust, although we criticize software companies for doing this... release a buggy product now, patch it later. Make use of errata. We'll be forgiving for the preview. Heck, I -expect- bugs in a beta, and if I don't find bugs, I wonder why they call it a beta! I know you're a perfectionist... but just let a few mistakes go now. It can't possibly be as bad as you think. Allow Linus's Law to come into play.

Let it go to the editor. Keep working on it while it's at the editor's, but don't add your additions and modifications to the preview... make it available as errata or just include it in the full volume only. Otherwise obviously you can keep going forever. Eventually, something needs to be released.

Well I think it will go to the editor on Friday regardless of whether or not its 100% in my mind.

Knight Otu

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Well I think it will go to the editor on Friday regardless of whether or not its 100% in my mind.

That's a good idea. While its good to make the editor's job easier, you shouldn't make the editor's job.;)

Hey Baranovan matey! :)

Baronovan said:
I'm still on your side, UK, but I think a pre-release is just that: an imperfect copy. Let your editor do something for an afternoon, eh? :)

I think its going to take the editor a tad longer than an afternoon to check. :D

By the way I finally got all my stuff at home sorted today, so things should be going smoother from now on, although todays events actually slowed progress, so I didn't really geta full days work on the preview. I have a checklist of 151 things* that needed fixing on the Bestiary Preview and I am currently working my way through those.

*Some as innocuous as what spell is used in the creation for a new weapon special ability (sounds easy doesn't it), most are one sentence or ability that needs fixed, or create a new/better adventure idea for monster 'x', about a half a dozen are powers I just haven't been able to sort out properly (like the aforementioned cometary dragon breath weapon).

I'll know by tomorrow how many I'll cross off before things will head to the editors.

Zhnov

First Post
Howdy UK!

Upper_Krust said:
I'll know by tomorrow how many I'll cross off before things will head to the editors.

Congrats on getting the Bestiary Preview to the home stretch! Checkered flag in view!

~Zhnov

Zhnov said:
Howdy UK!

Hi Zhnov dude (and hey Sledge mate). ;)

Zhnov said:
Congrats on getting the Bestiary Preview to the home stretch! Checkered flag in view!

Thanks. I actually haven't gotten it to the editor as yet, I haven't been able to get on the computer for the past 36+ hours (due to a number of pressing engagements that had to be kept) and I still want to put in about another 3 or 4 hours before I send it - but I will be okay for doing that tomorrow...for definite this time. ;)

Sledge

First Post
YAY. Can't wait. My level 42 game is just gunning for this. :)
Now we just need to apply the cat'o'ninetails to the editor. ;)

Remove ads