D&D 5E The October D&D Book is Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond! Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on! UPDATE -- the book now has a description! https://www.enworld.org/threads/fizbans-treasury-the-dragon-book-now-has-a-description.681399/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/my-guess-for-the-other-d-d-book-this-year-draconomicon.680687/ Fizban the Fabulous by Vera...

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond!

Fizban the Fabulous is, of course, the accident-prone, befuddled alter-ego of Dragonlance’s god of good dragons, Paladine, the platinum dragon (Dragonlance’s version of Bahamut).

Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on!

UPDATE -- the book now has a description!

2E56D87C-A6D8-4079-A3B5-132567350A63.png

EEA82AF0-58EA-457E-B1CA-9CD5DCDF4035.jpeg

Fizban the Fabulous by Vera Gentinetta

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Since alignment is on the outs anyway, I don't think that's the issue. The issue is draconians are made by murdering unborn good dragons.

Anyone remember how the internet collectively lost its mind when Baby Yoda ate some eggs, so much so that Disney had to frantically backseat and say those were unfertilized eggs? Yeah,the old draconian origin is not going to fly for 5E is they are a PC race.
The thing, though, is the people murdering unborn good dragons are the villians—not the protagonists.

Staffan

Legend
OK, so this book will definitely have dragon-themed PC options, and likely a whole bunch of draconic monsters. But with a title like that, I'm also hoping for some much-needed expansion in an area that so far has been mostly untouched in 5e: magic items. 5e has seen the occasional magic item added in various adventures, and a small amount of cool but weak items as Common magic items in Xanathar's Guide to Everything, but there hasn't been a big expansion on the magic item side. And that's a shame, because magic items are Cool.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
OK, so this book will definitely have dragon-themed PC options, and likely a whole bunch of draconic monsters. But with a title like that, I'm also hoping for some much-needed expansion in an area that so far has been mostly untouched in 5e: magic items. 5e has seen the occasional magic item added in various adventures, and a small amount of cool but weak items as Common magic items in Xanathar's Guide to Everything, but there hasn't been a big expansion on the magic item side. And that's a shame, because magic items are Cool.
There have been options in the Setting books.

dave2008

Legend
Sure. If you're a Level 8 party. If you're a Level 15 party, they're called "Oh... more dragons. Great. Well this should be mildly diverting."

Sure. If you're a Level 8 party. If you're a Level 15 party, they're called "Oh... more dragons. Great. Well this should be mildly diverting."
Really? I had my group fleeing for their lives from an ancient red. And I didn't even use one of my upgraded versions!

Remove ads

Remove ads