• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The October D&D Book is Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond! Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on! UPDATE -- the book now has a description! https://www.enworld.org/threads/fizbans-treasury-the-dragon-book-now-has-a-description.681399/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/my-guess-for-the-other-d-d-book-this-year-draconomicon.680687/ Fizban the Fabulous by Vera...

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond!

Fizban the Fabulous is, of course, the accident-prone, befuddled alter-ego of Dragonlance’s god of good dragons, Paladine, the platinum dragon (Dragonlance’s version of Bahamut).

Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on!

UPDATE -- the book now has a description!

2E56D87C-A6D8-4079-A3B5-132567350A63.png

EEA82AF0-58EA-457E-B1CA-9CD5DCDF4035.jpeg

Fizban the Fabulous by Vera Gentinetta

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
What principle?

The principle of wasting your time - time is money?

The principle of increasing store overheads paying staff that are then passed onto the customer?
I'm not wasting my time. And I'm not increasing their overhead. I'm not letting them decrease it at my expense by not doing their job.

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm not wasting my time. And I'm not increasing their overhead. I'm not letting them decrease it at my expense by not doing their job.
Especially when it's clear they actually think self service increases how much money they keep despite that not helping their business in the long run.

Anyway back to the thread, will this book be limited to just dragons or will it discuss various settings including Krynn or will it be kept to just a few favourites likes Faerun?

I'm not wasting my time.
Maybe you have infinite time, but what about those people who are desperately pushed for time (e.g. teachers) and don't want to waste it queuing at checkouts?
And I'm not increasing their overhead.
You are if you are insisting they employ people to do a job you could do more efficiently yourself.
I'm not letting them decrease it at my expense by not doing their job.
Their job is to supply you with groceries. Part of which is organising payment as efficiently as possible. Self checkouts are the product of technological advance, just as cash registers replaced the abacus.

Because it's an invaluable aid to me in running monsters and I don't want to do their work for them. Simply describing behaviors in a simple few sentences will help, but not nearly as much as alignment does. They are even less likely to give me an in depth view of each dragon in the way that 2e did than they are to put alignment in as an optional rule, which means that I'm going to have to do the work of determining each dragon's alignment myself, and I have a thing about doing the work of a corporation for them. I refuse to use self-checkout at grocery stores as well.
All that this tells me is that you're lazy, entitled, or both, especially the dig at self-checkouts. Retail workers and other "essential workers" do way too much for too little compensation already, I'd rather not add to that if possible.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
All that this tells me is that you're lazy, entitled, or both, especially the dig at self-checkouts.
I can't help your misinterpretation of the situation. Perhaps you should grow your own food so you don't lazily go to the store expecting food in an entitled manner.

Note: I don't actually think you're lazy or entitled for going to the store, but it's the same thing you're accusing me of there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads