• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

Alt F4

First Post
I'm Alt F4. I've lurked here off and on for ages, and I hung out at CM for a while too. Lately I've mostly been on the Star Wars forums at Gleemax.

I've been gaming since the late 80's, starting with 1st Edition AD&D, then switching to 2nd Edition. I'd been out of gaming for a few years when 3rd Edition came out and revitalized my interest in roleplaying, although I never managed to play in a long-lasting campaign under 3rd Edition. These days my game of choice is Star Wars Saga Edition.

Drakona

First Post
Hello. I don't usually participate in threads like this--I'm naturally a lurker--but the little note at the top of the screen has been urging me most politely, so I shall do what it says.

I'm a hardcore PC gamer who converted to the RPG genre just a few years ago--first by Baldur's Gate, they by a neighbor interested in playing D&D on the tabletop. It rapidly became my game of choice, and for the last two or three years, I've played almost nothing else. My husband and I organized a gaming group, and I've been running a campaign for about a year.

For a year or so, the Giant In The Playground forums had been my go-to source for D&D news and conversation, but in the link-storm surrounding the release of 4E, I discovered this place. And it seems immensely awesome by comparison.

I shall henceforth be lurking and basking in the abundant wisdom of these forums.

CoatRackOfDoom

First Post
my "hello world" post

Hello All,

Lovely site you have here - I think I'll join!

Been rolling the dice for, what, 28 years now?! Many many thanks to Roper, the kid who introduced me to AD&D.

My family recently relocated and I've left my gaming buddies behind - perhaps an online community is the cure!

See you around,

Ed

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads