• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Old School: AD&D 1e

ghostcat

First Post
Having neglected to put a mark on the first shaft room, Lidia makes up for her mistake by marking the entrance tunnel with an arrow, a "2" and a different druidic symbol.

"Well the burrow looks like it does not belong and could account for the change that is trigger for the attacks. However, I don't fancy meeting something that burrows a 5' hole through solid rock."

[sblock="OOC"]The druidic symbols should form some sort of obvious (to a druid) sequence so its clear if the number has been changed.[/sblock]

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Amirad looks at Lidia and shrugs "Regardless of where we go there will be danger that is after all why we are here. I say we take the burrow, or we could go up. In either case I'm willing to take the lead."

He turns to Zhantain "Can you tell what made it? Kels, you said you spent some time visiting mines any ideas?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Amirad looks at Lidia and shrugs "Regardless of where we go there will be danger that is after all why we are here. I say we take the burrow, or we could go up. In either case I'm willing to take the lead."

He turns to Zhantain "Can you tell what made it? Kels, you said you spent some time visiting mines any ideas?"

[sblock=Kel]
Actually, something about this mine has been bothering you, but you weren't sure what. Lidia's comment about burrowing through rock made it click. This isn't solid rock. This is more like gravel or hard soil, and much easier to burrow through. In particular, you're not going to find diamonds in this sort of rock.
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"Say, this isn't really the sort of hard stone you'd find diamonds in," Kel replies. "I'm not sure what that means for what the mining company is doing here, but it's probably not good."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Another shaft? and you say that hole is burrowed? what do you mean that you wont find diamonds here? What were they ming her in the first place? and what would you expect to find in a mine of this sort?"

The cleric is obviously not very knowledgeable of the ways of mines.

]ooc[ lol! i almost checked my character sheet to wee what i had ranks in knowledge wise! ]/ooc[

The Digger

First Post
"Yes. I'd like to know that as well. And what do you think may lie up this shaft? Is that gravelly as well?"

Mo walks over to the shaft and peers upwards and then downwards to see if there is any sign of life or light.

Gli'jar

First Post
"I'll tell you where we are." Hulan obviously nervous now, his speach moving faster as his train of thought continues, "Underground in a mine, walking dead, the only thing we are lacking at this point are the headstones telling us that we are in a burial mound. They are grave robbers."

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"That is a disturbing thought. However we have no evidence. And the good dwarf seems to be an honourable fellow from what I have heard. Let's not leap to conclusions." Amirad responds to Hulan. "I say we press forward up the tunnel. It seems to a recent and hasty addition, it should shed some light on most recent events."

Darkwolf71

First Post
"Well, I'm not certain what made the tunnel, so I suggest caution. It is unlikely that it was dug by any animal." He stands from examining the ground.

"Lead on, my friends." Zhantain moves back to his position at the rear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads