• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Old School: AD&D 1e

PolterGhost

First Post
ooc: yes that is correct.
ooc: iirc, you get one attack during your attack segment and one attack at the end of this round of attacks. Nitpicky, but it makes a slight difference on how things go.

If I can draw my weapon and perform an action, assume my action is to stand still and parry after drawing my sword.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Amirad drops the torch, and moves calmly to engage the two undead with sword and axe.

[sblock=OOC]
Assuming he can engage both . . . or just the closest :)
Zombies tend not to be particularly surprising (they do automatically move last in initiative as well.)
As I don't feel like charging, moving to engage means no attacks for anyone in the engagement this roung. :)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Amirad the Gallant]
Short statistics:
Amirad the Gallant
AC: 0(-2), HP: 9/10,
Sling THAC0 17 (1d4+1/1d6+1)
Axe throwing THAC0 17 (1d6/1d4)
Axe, off-hand THAC0 21 (1d6/1d4)
Bastard sword, main hand THAC0 20 (1d8/1d12)
Two-handed bastard sword THAC0 20 (2d4/2d8)
Lay on Hands 2hp/day: 2
Other edges - immune to disease, +3 against surprise/ranged initiative, detect evil, protection from evil, cure disease 1/week
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: Hey, shouldn't you roll for surprise?

OOC: As you wish. No surprise, and no need for initiative as zombies always attack last.

Turthain fires an arrow at a zombie, and it flies through the air and hits!

Amirad draws his weapon and closes with the undead, while Austin find a convenient hole in the wall (of which there are many) and does likewise. Maruial holds back, weapon at the ready.

OOC: Lidia? Zhantain? Sgt. Stubbs? I'll give them a day, it was a holiday weekend.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Sarge yells at the sight of the walking dead and moves forward to keep his shield between them and the less defended members of the team. As he comes into melee range, he swings his blade at the nearest of the undead.

OOC: DM, please roll for me. I am updating a new computer and haven't moved all my links with all my PCs over yet.

ghostcat

First Post
Being near the back of the party, plus the fact that she is not a fighter, there is not much that Lidia can do at the moment. Anyway, the others should be able to handle a couple zombie without any problems.

Lidia readies her club and holds the light up high thus making sure that the fighters have sufficient illumination.

[sblock=Stats]Oaken Cudgel: 1-6/1-3
Leather Armour + shield: AC:7 HP:8

[sblock=Spells]Detect Snares & Pits,
Entangle
Pass without Trace
Shillelagh[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: Blarg, what a week.

The sarge joins in formation with Austin and Amirad, while Lidia stands with Turthain and Maurial.

The two zombies close ranks. With shields at the ready, the clumsy approach is quickly stopped. Turthain's second arrow misses.

(No attacks this round because of the simple move to engage.)

Zhantain, having traveled silently with the party so far, suddenly lets out an anguished cry and falls to the ground, convulsing!

Last edited:

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Amirad casts a concerned look towards Zhantain but being engaged, resolves to dispatch the zombies with all haste and then see if he can aid his companion.
He attacks the vile undead with sword and axe. He stikes several gashes with his axe into one of the creatures that would normally have felled a man, but the creature merely presses in closer.

[sblock=Amirad the Gallant]
Short statistics:
Amirad the Gallant
AC: 0(-2), HP: 9/10,
Sling THAC0 17 (1d4+1/1d6+1)
Axe throwing THAC0 17 (1d6/1d4)
Axe, off-hand THAC0 21 (1d6/1d4)
Bastard sword, main hand THAC0 20 (1d8/1d12)
Two-handed bastard sword THAC0 20 (2d4/2d8)
Lay on Hands 2hp/day: 2
Other edges - immune to disease, +3 against surprise/ranged initiative, detect evil, protection from evil, cure disease 1/week
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain wastes no time pulling arrows from his quiver as he continues to fire on the walking dead.

OOC: Longbow (ROF: 2), DEX 16 (+1 ranged to-hit) - So the "to-hit" rolls attached should actually be a 13 and a 20, since I forgot to add the +1

ghostcat

First Post
Lidia was torn. On the one hand the others needed the light she was holding, on the other she wanted to help Zhantain. Finally deciding that Zhantain would just have to wait, she adjusts the position of light to better illuminate the fight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads