• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Old School: AD&D 1e

ghostcat

First Post
OOC.
I'm still not sure if the 200GP is just for obtaining the stinkflowers or whether it was for a semi-permanent "research assistant" position.

Lidia is still talking to the professor. "Well it appears that my friends are determined to tackle the monsters in the mines. However, if you are in not rush we can go find your stinkflower when we have finish. Is this acceptable? Also, am I correct in assuming that the 200GP is for this bring back some stinkflowers."

Turning to Hulan and Thondor, Lidia explains what Professor Raffles had told her. "So we can clear out the mine first and then carry on and get the stinkflowers. What do you think. Do we have a plan?"

Darkwolf71

First Post
"Lidia, if I may?" Zhantain takes the stinkflower map and after comparing it to the mine map, will make them as alike one another as possible. Keeping the one he will return the other to Lidia with a wink.

"Now, in the event that we do get split up there are two maps to guide us."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Amirad eagerly grasps your hand giving you a firm shake an a clap across the back. "Cousin it's been years! I almost did not recognize you! You look great, service to Solinar suits you! May you bring glory and honour to him and your family!"

"You must join me on this venture if it proves and honorable one. I would love to have someone knowledgeable about Solinar to converse with and we have many other matters to discuss. I trust your mother is well?"

Austin smiles and retuns the handshake most warmly, however at the mention of his mother, the smile fades as sunlight suddenly hidden by a cold wind and a raincloud. His face drains of much of the color it had moment ago too. Wih a slight quiver in his voice he answers his cousin, " I fear I am an orphan. My parents were lost in a bandit raid."

A short pause and he contines, " That is why I am in the service of Solinar. He has given me direction in the knowledge of justice and comfort of what is good and right. I seek to provide healing to those who are traveling to protect them from thosw who wish ill on good people. ]ooc[ sounds a bit of an idealist, Huh? ]/ooc[ And you, Amirad, your family?" He keeps his question as neutral aas possible so as not to bring ill memories to his cousin if he too has suffered loss.

While the conversation continues he initially misses the question directed to him, " huh? oh, holy water ...local temple, yes been there, yes I have. I uh serve there. Perhaps I can get some assistace on the price of the holy water. Shall we go there first, if you don't mind ...Oh wait! you invited me along! I accept. Shall we go to the temple first, then?"

If he is paid the two platnium pieces, he will throw both into the kitty to get a second vial.

Last edited:

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"I'm sorry, Austin I had not heard. I will say a prayer for their souls."

"Solinar is a great comfort too the troubled. You and I cousin, together defending the innoncent, smiting evil and upholding justice!" A fire lights in Amirad's eyes. "We used to dream about such things when we were children. This is as things should have been." It dims slightly as he considers this more someber thought, he shakes himself, "No matter, things are as they should be now."
At the question about his family, "Well as you know my father, Radigos, died honourably in combat shortly before the uh . . . Shortly before we lost touch." Amirad rethinks his words hoping not to offend. "My mother was well when I left, as were my siblings last I heard. Uncle Thomas was injured recently by cursed bandits, but praise Solinar, he is expected to recover fully."

"I had not heard that you were officially positioned here. It would be a pleasure to accompany you to the Temple."

ghostcat

First Post
"Lidia, if I may?" Zhantain takes the stinkflower map and after comparing it to the mine map, will make them as alike one another as possible. Keeping the one he will return the other to Lidia with a wink.

"Now, in the event that we do get split up there are two maps to guide us."

Lidia lets Zhantain take the map and watches fascinated as he changes it. Accepting the map back, Lidia grins as Zhantain winks. Thank for that Zhantain. What a good idea.

Thondor

Assuming no one else wishes to dicuss things further. Amirad departs with Austin, having arranged to meet the others at an appropriate time for a departure.

On the way Amirad remanisses with Austin about childhood memories, avoiding the later years.

Amirad and Austin tell whoever is at the Temple of their quest and ask how much Holy Water 7 platinum pieces will get them (By the book price this would be only 1 for 5 platinum.) Do they offer a discount?

Amirad inquires if they know anything about Dolun Thrax's reputation, his family mine or have heard anything about necromantic practices in the area.
Being curious he also asks if there are many dwarf miners in the region.

When the appointed time comes. Amirad meets up with the group and they head out to the mine, and glorious adventure !!!

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The Temple of Solinar can only spare one flask of Holy Water, but takes the 5 platinum for it.

Otherwise, the travel to the mine is uneventful. The opening of the mine is surrounded by large mounds of dirt, many of which have sprouted grasses and young shrubs. Some discarded, rusty miner's tools are scattered around, and a miner's cart on a track is at the mine's entrance. The track extends into the darkness.

Darkwolf71

First Post
At the mine, Zhantain looks for any signs of recent comings and goings at the entrance.

Peering into the dark cave-like entrance he looks at his companions, "Any last minute preparations?" He checks his sword in it's scabbard, making sure it draws freely.

Thondor

(OOC: Holy water . . . Amirad and Austin only spend the 1 pp. and use Little Mo's, Zhantain's and Kel's p.p..)

Amirad informs Little Mo, Zhantain and Kel that, "Unfortunately the Temple could only spare one flask of Holy water at this time. As I promise 2 p.p. towards the cause I will set aside the 1 p.p. for future group perchases."

Amirad brings out the flask with reverrence and frowns. "Well, who wishes to carry it? I would preffer to keep both my hands free."

------------------------------

Amirad searches the rusty tools for a pick he could sling through his pack, "You never know when one of these might come in handy," he says, "the last thing we want is to be trapped in a cave-in."

In response to Zhantain, Amirad says "Who will carry our light and who shall take the lead or bring up the rear? I believe that due to my ability to sense the presence of evil, I should stay near the front."

Amirad will use detect evil before entering the mine, and throughout when new rooms and passages are revealed. He will avoid overly slowing their progress by doing so.

garyh

First Post
"I know my way around a mine, and have sharp eyes and ears," Kel says. "I'll be towards the front with you, Amirad."

Remove ads