• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Old School: AD&D 1e

Darkwolf71

First Post
Zhantain grins, "Very well, if Amirad will be in front, I shall watch the rear. I can hold a torch if needed, but would prefer to keep my hands free."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well,the middle is best for me. If some one needs assistance, that will allow me to get any one quickly."

ghostcat

First Post
"Well the sooner we get going the sooner we will be back out in the light and warmth." Lidia sounds very apprehensive when she says this. When Amirad mentions cave-in, she positively shivers. "How about I go at the back with Zhantain and hold the torch for him. Also, I have a lantern if someone near the front wants to borrow it."

Lindia takes a torch from whoever has one, which she carries in her left hand. She is tightly gripping her shillelagh in her right.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Amirad suggests "Perhaps Hulan, you might carry the lantern? You and Litlandial should probably stay behind me. We'll make sure nothing interfers with any spells you might cast."

Amirad streches, adjusts the fit of his armor, and runs a hand through his hair. He offers up a quick prayer for success and protection. He takes his sling in hand and rests his other hand losely on one of his axes.

He lets out a quick breath, "This is it. Finally, a chance to test our mettle. Let us be bold but cautious, we will win the day! Lets proceed."

Amirad, with Kels beside him, leads the way into the mine.

Gli'jar

First Post
"I agree Amirand, my best positioning is towards the back holding the lantern." Hulan states as he grabs the lantern. "Shall we be off."

Darkwolf71

First Post
Zhatain waits until all have gone before him, cautiously entering the mine just behind Lidia. In an attempt to calm her obvious nerves he tells her, "Try not to think about it too much, I would prefer the woods as well, but these undead must be put back to rest and the fiend who desecrated them so, must be punished."

ghostcat

First Post
Lidia takes her position in front of Zhatain and reluctantly enters the mine. Replying to Zhatain, she says "I realise that this abomination needs to be dealt with. Its just the thought of all that earth above us." Lidia shivers again as she says this.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Amirad finds a miner's pick in decent repair.

Entering the mine:
Amirad and Kel take the lead.
Austin and Litlandial take the second rank.
Hulan stands behind the clerics, bearing a lantern.
Lidia and Zhantain take up the rear. Lidia carries a torch.

The mineshaft travels straight into the hillside. The air is cool and moist, and the shaft is in good shape. The cart tracks continue for 50' and comes to an open chamber. Bones are scattered here, and a broken cart slowly rusts near the entrance. The chamber is about 20' by 20', and two passages with cart lines extend into the darkness at the far wall--one left, one right.

The Digger

First Post
"Woods are all very well until you have to make your living there. Hard work, dangerous and for little pay. Give me mines any day."

Litlandial made light of it but her voice revealed how nervous she actually was.

She held her bow in her left hand and her right hand ready to cast a spell or draw and nock an arrow whichever seemed right at the time.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the absence but my internet connection went down for a couple of days and I'm just now managiung to catch up with everything.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Austin gives the archer next to him a reasuring smile, mace in one hand and shield in another.

"Amarad, do you remember the time we were *ahem* 'exploring' the woods near your home when we were young, you were 7, i was 13, and we got caught in that rain storm?"

>Thondor, enter: artistic liscence here <

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads