D&D 5E The Pitfalls of Success: Hasbro Success Story, Take 2

Would you say the Secrets of Blackmoor documentary is accurate?
Yes. It tells a fair story without demeaning or detracting from Gary's obvious and telling involvement. However, the Game That Changed Everything was not available to them then and is an eye-witness account by me that describes that legendary meeting in November 1972, the demo-game we played in Blackmoor (Village, Castle, Outdoor adventures), and the resulting paradigm-shift-explosion that this set off, which brings us to... now.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yes. It tells a fair story without demeaning or detracting from Gary's obvious and telling involvement. However, the Game That Changed Everything was not available to them then and is an eye-witness account by me that describes that legendary meeting in November 1972, the demo-game we played in Blackmoor (Village, Castle, Outdoor adventures), and the resulting paradigm-shift-explosion that this set off, which brings us to... now.

Mmm. I think that there are times that it oversells its thesis in an attempt to find balance (iow, if you are familiar with the history, there are too many times when it's like, "OMG, no one knows about Arneson!") and I also think that it tends to overvalue uncorroborated and/or contradicted eyewitness testimony ... some of which can also be explained by the necessary limits of the video format, but as a piece with a lot of the other scholarship we are getting in the last six years, from more scholarly work (such as Peterson and what you've been up to), to some of the more erudite forums out there, it's edifying that so many people have been putting together the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Remove ads