D&D 5E The Printers Can't Handle WotC's One D&D Print Runs!

15692108293125663812.jpeg

One of the reasons why the three new core rulebooks next year will not be released together is because D&D is such a juggernaut that the printers can't actually handle the size of the print runs!

Jeremy Crawford told Polygon "Our print runs are pretty darn big and printers are telling us you can’t give us these three books at the same time.” And Chris Perkins added that "The print runs we’re talking about are massive. That’s been not only true of the core books, but also Tasha’s Cauldron. It’s what we call a high-end problem."

Hussar

Legend
I am still utterly baffled by people who insist on the need to tell all and sundry that they haven't bought any WotC D&D products lately and are unlikely to buy 2024 D&D.

Ooookay? I mean, I'm not likely to buy a new Honda Civic either. There's a million and one things I'm unlikely to buy. Heck, I didn't buy most WotC books on release - only buying them later when I found a need for them/found that they filled a niche I wanted for my game. Yet, surprisingly, I don't feel compelled to jump into every single thread, day after day, week after week, YEAR AFTER YEAR to tell everyone that I am or am not going to buy a new WotC book.

Are people just that starving for attention? What's the point?

From unofficial sources, Tasha's initial print run for ONE of WotC's distributors was larger than the full print numbers for all of 4e combined.
Errr... that is just nonsense. Unless they mean 'this one printing place printed more Tashas than this same place ever printed 4e books', which might well be true, first of all because they might not even have existed 10 years ago.

But I've seen enough 4e haters doing their thing, that I have no doubt some people are spreading that sort of information in all seriousness. Right behind claiming that Pathfinder1 always outsold 4e, despite Paizo themselves stating that they never did.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I am still utterly baffled by people who insist on the need to tell all and sundry that they haven't bought any WotC D&D products lately and are unlikely to buy 2024 D&D.

Ooookay? I mean, I'm not likely to buy a new Honda Civic either. There's a million and one things I'm unlikely to buy. Heck, I didn't buy most WotC books on release - only buying them later when I found a need for them/found that they filled a niche I wanted for my game. Yet, surprisingly, I don't feel compelled to jump into every single thread, day after day, week after week, YEAR AFTER YEAR to tell everyone that I am or am not going to buy a new WotC book.

Are people just that starving for attention? What's the point?
It is the bargaining stage, you are looking at people that have woven their identity around a certain perception of how the hobby is (the fact that it was never like that, is beside the point). The aesthetic of the hobby is clearly moving away from their vision, but they have not accepted it yet.

mamba

Legend
I'm not concerned about staggered release, I'm concerned about book-to-book incoherent content. Because the MM book will take 6-9 month more time to be released and will see it's content change evolve, making the first in the line, the PHB, need to be corrected to stay consistent.
that seems very unfounded. For one it will not take that long, for another the monster redesign will not be that drastic, we already got the design via MPMotM, and that was years after the PHB and did not break anything in it

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Errr... that is just nonsense. Unless they mean 'this one printing place printed more Tashas than this same place ever printed 4e books', which might well be true, first of all because they might not even have existed 10 years ago.

But I've seen enough 4e haters doing their thing, that I have no doubt some people are spreading that sort of information in all seriousness. Right behind claiming that Pathfinder1 always outsold 4e, despite Paizo themselves stating that they never did.
Why is this nonsense?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases