• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think traveling into this tunnel would be best to go undetected, but as I said earlier, lets search for traps along the way. Syld, can you take a look at that gem bag to see if it has what we were looking for?"

Zhure

First Post
OOC:

C&Ping the last martching order

Party: I don't think a 15ft radius of light will illuminate our whole marching order. Desimus's torch clearly illuminates a 20-foot radius and burns for 1 hour. Shardorn's light clearly illuminates a 15-foot radius. As it stands right now:
(+ Shardorn's light, o Desimus's light, *overlap of light)

|+S+| Syld
|*J*| Jansson
|*O*| Osius
|*S*| Shardorn
|*S*| Sahgrim
|*D*| Desimus
|*N*| Nathan
|ooo|
|ooo|
|ooo|

"Syld, are you well enough to lead? Shardorn... you're still injured. Cleric, heal thyself. A wounded cleric can heal no one."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"I don't know if that would be wise, Osius," Shardorn replies. "I have no more decent healing spells. All that I have left are the most minor of curing spells. However... I may have something that will help out in the tunnels to pass. I spent the last few days recharging it, preparing for the Thri-Kreen attack at our village. It isn't fully charged, but I should be able to use it."

The cleric pulls forth from her cloak a short wooden stick, made out of cherry. There are carvings of leaves upon it. It is quite slender, appearing to be only about half an inch thick. Shardorn touches herself with it.

The wand heals Shardorn for 9 points.

"This is a wand of Cure Light Wounds, which was given to me by the church I trained at before I left it. It has only a few charges left, but what is left is very potent. If it should ever run out of charges, it will become useless. We should use it sparingly."

---

Syld - there does not appear to be a crystal of any sort in the bag of gems. However, two of the gems glow slightly. The amethyst has a very slight glow, and the moss agate has a moderately strong glow.

---

You travel down the tunnel. It goes on for around 80 feet, and ends in an abrupt wall. It is similar to the door at the other end of the tunnel, and you can tell that it has the same opening mechanisms. The door is made out of the same material the one at the other end was.

Post 29

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I'll do that."

Syld once again manifests Detect Psionics. He first examines the gems in the bag and then takes a look around. If any of the gems has an aura, he tries to identify it.

Zhure

First Post
Osius shrugs at Shardorn.

"It's your magic. I'd be fixing myself."

He takes a deep breath, then listens at the wall.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld, you manage to detect that the two gems - the amethyst and the moss agate - are indeed psionic in nature. The moss agate is stronger than the amethyst, though neither of them is very strong.

As for detecting other things - you see nothing. The lead all around you prevents you from seeing anything outside the tunnel.

---

Osius, you manage to get around everyone else and get to the door. You listen at it, holding your breath.

Osius - you hear nothing on the other side of the door.

Post 31

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson searches the 'kreen's body, looking for weapons or other equipment.

"Are there any more of those things it threw at Sahgrim in that sack." he asks whoever is currently carrying it.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"None of these is what we're looking for. Two of these DO have psionic auras however. I'll try to hail them.
And yes, I can still lead. Luckily I have avoided all attacks."

Syld tries to hail the stones to see what they contain.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jansson - you search the Thri-Kreen's body. You find a few (3) more of the crystalline throwing wedges it used on Sahgrim about it's person, as well as the polearm it was brandishing earlier. You are unsure of how to go about using either of these weapons.

---

Syld - You hail the stones successfully.

Amethyst - Daze (0th)
Moss Agate - Control Object (1st); Cone of Sound (3rd)

All of these powers are at minimum manifester level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads