• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoz

First Post
Smiling broadly at Osius

"I thought you had a mental map?", Desimus asks jokingly.

"Anyhow, we haven't doubled back......I think"

Desimus scratches his head.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
As you consider the door, and what your current, real position is, you senses begin to get intune with the darkness of the hall.

The door itself appears to not be the same door as before. Osius punched in the previous door, and it went inward on it's hinges, if it didn't fall off entirely. You also remember that you didn't use any tools to open that door - and this one appears to have had a crowbar or other lever-like instrument used to open it, and it was carefully closed behind it's entrants (which you did not do, or at least did not state that you did).

As you examine the door even closer, you begin to hear something on the other side. Distant noises, as though something or someone were inside. You can hear small, muffled voices, although they are quickly becoming inaudible.

The torch Desimus holds flickers, and your psionically bestowed darkvision allows you to make out all the details of the door clearly, as well as those down the tunnels. Nothing seems to be coming your way at the moment, and your ears detect no sound other than those from inside the door.

Shadows cast by torchflame and divine moonlight dance about the rough walls of the underground tunnel. A warm breeze blows by from deeper in the cavern complex. ...What do you do?

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Keep an eye out, will you. I don't have a good feeling about this."

Syld moves the crossbow to rest more comfortably on his hands and readies himself for anything.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Gripping his sword tightly, the halfling walks over to the door and flings it open, with confidence.

However, when he looks at what is just inside the door - he doesn't have confidence anymore, or if he does, it doesn't show.

An orc stands in the doorway, wielding a huge axe, and appears to have been attempting to listen at the door. It seems like another is behind him, and behind the second orc appears to be a human, although it is difficult to tell.

"What the bloody hell..." The human-looking figure speaks. "Ratheqar didn't say a thing about other humanoids down here! Keth, Thokk - get rid of them! If you need assistance, give a yell. We'll continue down the tunnel."

The human turns, and walks down the tunnel, and the two orcs smile - a vicious look, full of fangs - and bring their weaponry to bear.

As they do, Shardorn looks at the orcs carefully. "Keth... Thokk... I know those names..." However, her thoughts are cut short, as the orcs begin to advance upon the party.

---

Initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads