• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoz

First Post
With the help of his point blank and precise shot feats Desimus fires a crossbow bolt between his comrades at the massive orc.

"Tempestas be true.", he whispers.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Orcs! - Round 2

Initiatives
Jansson - 23
Orc 1 - 20
Nathan - 19
Desimus - 17
Sahgrim - 16
Syld and Osius - 15
Orc 2 - 6
Shardorn - 3

Jansson taps his shoulder in an odd movement, although he suddenly looks slightly relieved.

Jansson utilizes his tattoo of Lesser Body Adjustment. He heals for 2 points.

At the same time, the orc figures that he can finish the halfling off easily, if he's taking time off to heal himself. The orc's greataxe comes wheeling down at Jansson from the side...

The orc gets a 21, which is a hit! The orc proceeds to deal 15 points to Jansson.

...and proceeds to cleave through the halfling, who then drops. The orc continues on to smash Osius in the side.

The orc gets a 1, a natural fumble!

Rather than hit Osius, the orc decides to throw his greataxe next to the halfling.

Grumbling, the orc decides that now would be a good time to quaff a liquid of some sort. As he does, Osius gets an attack on him.

Osius gets a 9, and +3 is 12, which is a miss.

The orc looks considerably more healthy.

Nathan shouts and shoots at the orc, attempting to avoid Osius and the fallen Jansson.

Nathan gets a 6, and +3 is a 9 - which is a miss.

Desimus says something to his crossbow, and pulls the trigger on it with tender care.

Desimus gets a 9, and +5 is a 14 - which is a hit! Desimus deals 10 points to Orc 1.

Sahgrim shoots at the orc, as well.

Sahgrim gets a 15, which is a hit! Sahgrim rolls for damage, and deals 6 points to Orc 1.

Syld manifests towards the hallway where the orcs came from.

Meanwhile, Osius takes a quick step back, and manifests Talons on himself.

The second orc sleeps soundly.

Shardorn quickly taps Jansson with her wand.

Shardorn heals Jansson for 9 points.

Jansson wakes up, although he doesn't get up.

---

That's round 2. Damage dealt so far...

Orc 1 - [b36[/b]
Orc 2- 0 (sleeping)

Osius - 12 (HP - 16/28)
Jansson - 14 (HP - 8/22)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Jansson, get over here! You can use my dorje of lesser body adjustment. The cleric's wand should be reserved for more severe situation."

Syld takes the dorje out of his beltpouch so Jansson can take it and then fires at the standing orc with his crossbow.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Osius tumbles up to the orc and attacks with both taloned hands before it can recover its weapon.

using two-weapon fighting and ambidexterity

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson scrambles away from the orc, then pulls his dorje of Ectoplasmic Missiles from his belt. He points it at the orc and shoots.

"Thank you Syld. I'll heal myself once we have this orc down."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Nathan takes aim at the Orc again with his crossbow, then is suddenly inspired with a cunning plan....

OOC: and if anyone could read Nate's mind, they could know what it is.... ;)

Sahgrim seems pleased as well that hes finally hitting someone thats not one of his groupmates, as he loads and fires another arrow off his crossbow at the orc.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Orcs! - Round 3

Initiatives
Jansson - 23
Orc 1 - 20
Nathan - 19
Desimus - 17
Sahgrim - 16
Syld and Osius - 15
Orc 2 - 6
Shardorn - 3

Jansson leaps away from the orc, trying to put some distance between himself and the large hairy critter. He whips out his Dorje, and shoots the orc with it.

Jansson's dorje deals 2 points of damage to Orc 1.

As the orc attempts to recover his weapon, you can hear a distant yell from down the corridor. "No, Keth - we're not coming back. Deal with them! If you can't handle them, then evidently you've gotten too old!"

The big orc grunts in annoyance at the response, and manages to get his greataxe before anyone can hit him.

Nathan shoots once more at the orc, hoping for a hit as a plan forms in his mind.

Nathan gets a 3, which is a miss.

Desimus smiles at his grim work, and shoots the orc once more. The crossbow he wields glows a slight light momentarily.

Desimus gets a 15, and +5 is a 20, which is a hit! Desimus deals 9 points of damage to Orc 1.

Sahgrim also shoots at the orc.

Sahgrim gets a 10, and +3 is 13, which is a miss.

Syld fires his crossbow at the orc.

Syld gets a 10, and +5 is a 15 - a hit! Syld deals 5 points to Orc 1.

At the same time, Osius comes rolling up to the orc, and appears to be armed with nothing but his bare fists.

Osius tumbles towards the Orc, and gets an 18 on his tumble roll.

Osius rolls past the orc's falling greataxe, sits up slightly on his knees, and rakes the orc's stomach with his talons.

Osius gets a 6 and a 13. The penalties for using two "weapons" is -2 for both hands in this case, but his +2 strength modifier evens this out. Osius hits the orc once. Osius deals 3 points to Orc 1.

The orc cries out in pain, and collapses onto his knees. His grip on the greataxe loosens, although he manages to retain his hold on it.

The second orc sleeps soundly, and doesn't appear as though he will be waking up anytime soon.

Shardorn looks around at the group. Seeing that none are hurt, or those that are will shortly be receiving other medical attention, she looks at the evidently dying orc. "Keth... now I remember... a mercenary..."

---

That's round 3. Damage dealt.

Orc 1 - 55
Orc 2- 0 (sleeping)

Osius - 12 (HP - 16/28)
Jansson - 14 (HP - 8/22)

---

The orc speaks. His voice is gravelly, and his mouth sounds as though it is full of saliva and blood. Blood drips onto the floor from various wounds.

"Shardorn..." He speaks slowly, but loudly. "I remember... you now. Our old employer... Jirlai... is here. Seeking... a crystal... of psionic... telepathy..."

"Shardorn... save me... you know I am... a true mercenary... not evil, like Ratheqar... help..."

The orc collapses against his greataxe, and his weapon does not fall.

Shardorn whispers. "You have nearly killed my halfling friend here. You have certainly would have destroyed us, if we had not had ranged weaponry."

She turns to the group. "I leave it to you. This should be your decision. Keth is one of his word. A mercenary, whose services are bought with cold cash - but one who takes no delight in finishing off innocents. He merely does as he is told. However, I shall let you judge him. It is not my life who has nearly been severed." She looks at Jansson as she says this. "Keth and I worked for Jirlai years ago. However, I left his employment, as Jirlai soon turned twisted, and became a thing of evil. Keth remained, only because he knew no other way of life."

"I do not ask you for your compassion towards this orc. He would have destroyed you now, if you had not felled him. But, he would have done so without joy." She looks at the body of the great orc. "He may prove a useful ally, and he is, as I have said, one of his word. The decision is yours."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads