• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Reconquista OOC

Something which I should probably mention is my take on magic items in D&D. Since we're dealing with a pre-industrial society, and since any permanent magic items requires so much time, effort, and literally a piece of oneself (expressed in XP) to create, no two will look alike. Each will bear some attributes which reflect the artistic talent, personality, culture, or race of the creator, or the time in which he lived. There is no such thing as a "standard" magic item. Even something as mundane as a short sword +1 will bear markings and a design which may help identify the creator. None of these characteristics will necessarily have an impact on how the item functions, although certain items may be worth less or more, depending on whom you try to sell it to.

As an example, let's suppose you come across an ancient scimitar +2, created by a Suloise high magus before the invoked devastation. In game terms it would simply be a scimitar +2, but to a collector of Suloise antiques, or another magus of Suloise heritage it might be worth a lot more. On the other hand, if you tried to fence the scimitar with a Baklunish tribesman from up north, he might offer you a lot less, given the ancient grudge between their two peoples.

Thanee

First Post
Latalya doesn't have Combat Reflexes. ;)

But that doesn't really matter, since she wouldn't get any AoO, anyways, because of the Spring Attack (if that is the feat).

Bye
Thanee

James Heard

Explorer
Sorry if this makes anyone's normal actions a little more difficult, but I figured being swamped by shadows from all sides again wasn't what everyone wanted to do either.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Oh, I'm not really complaining. They were quickly killing us. I just thought it amusing.

Gregor: I cast a spell
Mavic: I cast anti-magic
Gregor: Dammit.

Remove ads