• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Reconquista: Part I (Shadows over Istivin)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Anastasia Winterheart

Though she maybe physically and mental taxed, she none the less has an excited smile on his face as she watches the towns ‘King’ fall to the ground in an unconscious heap. “Well done!” She says to he friends behind the bars. Looking to the rest of the group she asks what she would think is on everyone else’s mind. “So, now that we got him, how do we get him and us out of here without those Shadows coming for revenge? How long will you spell last Mavik?

James Heard

Explorer
"The Shadows aren't gone, they're merely unable to attack us within the bounds of my spell...As for how long my spell will last, let us hope that it's long enough to get us far away from them, or someplace where I can at least further restrict their movements and attacks with a wall spell or something."

Thanee

First Post
Latalya

“Forget the wall, that won't prevent them from attacking, they moved right through them here. Let's get the man and head out for now. In the current state, we should not venture deeper.”

Rhun

First Post
Reivik looks over the fallen Marquis. He tries to use Bar to reach the man and drag him closer, so as not to enter the foul green-black cloud.

Taking great care, Reivik drags the limp body of the Marquis out of the foul, green-black mist that continues to pervade the cell block. Using the pommel of his maau, he drags the body closer. Once he gets close enough, the dwarf grabs the Marquis with his hands propping him up against the bars of the cell. He can tell that the nobleman looks a bit more worse for wear due to his continued exposure to the noxious fumes. A quick check of his vitals reveals that he does not seem to be in any life-threatening danger (OOC: Successful Heal check). Both men now are within the protective field of Mavic's spell.

Carefully climbing off the beautifully carved chestnut wood throne, Eshanna notices a small sheaf of paper sticking out from underneath its seat cushion (OOC: Successful Spot check). Stepping off the throne while studiously avoiding the killing fog, she pulls the cushion aside to reveal the paper awkwardly sticking out of a closed compartment. Judging from the small piece sticking out, it is covered in miniscule, cramped writing, probably Keolandish.

Rhun

First Post
Reivik drags the man from the cell, his handling non to gentle. The dwarf then turns his attentions to binding the man's hands and gagging him. "It is certainly time to withdraw. For now, at least. What to do with the Marquis is another question entirely."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Anastasia Winterheart

Our mission is completed then.” She states as a matter of fact. “Ravik, can you carry ‘His Lordship’ as we make our exit from this place?

James Heard

Explorer
"I concur, first we make our way out of this retched place and then we can ponder what what is to be done with the Marquis and how we shall cure him and/or convince him that we had the nation's best interests in mind while pummeling him into unconsciousness. This entire episode has spiraled out of control though, and if we're found with him before he's er...fixed, or he decides to take a rather literal look at the laws against putting hands upon His person..." Mavic's voice fades off.

" My friends, I've got a bad feeling about this. Even worse than when it was explained that we must enter this place through the sewer - the whole thing stinks."

Remove ads