The Red Hand of Doom!!

hero4hire

Explorer
Linked together the group crosses the open area towards the keep cloaked in blankets of invisibility. But the omnipresent chink chink chink of the heavily armored warriors can still be readily heard.

The Keep’s gatehouse has seen better days. The watchtowers to either side have partially collapsed, and several large boulders lie strewn about. The decayed remains of two sets of wooden gates lie in a heap on the ground.

A small wooden shack sits to the east of the keep itself, near an overgrown patch of weeds that might of once been a fine garden.

vraathkeepspoiler.jpg

After the trek through the woods and the planning Virishal's Mage Armor probably has around 40 minutes left.
Jonathan's Invisibility 21 rounds left
Duroin's Invisibility 22 rounds left
Kirrg's Invisibility 23 rounds left
Virishal's Invisibility 24 rounds left

You are at the threshold of the Keep.

Any square with something in it (rubble, a boulder, etc) will cost 2 squares to enter or 3 diagonally

Actions?

ethandrew

First Post
What is our ultimate goal? Are we just scouting out or are we looking to kill their leader only? Slaughter all we cross? We should head toward where we think we need to be (obviously). Maybe the whole keep is structurally unsound and we could just collapse it on top of them.

s@squ@tch

First Post
I'm thinking that we clear out any evil inhabitants of this place. After the last encounter (well, the run-in with the hobbies), Virashil is not looking to take prisoners it goblins are found here -- especially if they are involved with Tiamat.

(Bahamut is Virashil's diety....)

In a complete metagaming way -- there is a tactical map, I'm pretty sure that there are going to be people here.... :uhoh: :uhoh:

I'm assuming that we are around S9/S10 at the moment.

Investigate the double door building at the north end, (then work clockwise) or do you want to peer in the gate house outside the keep?

EvolutionKB

First Post
Sir Jonathan

Sir Jonathan whispers to his invisible comrades as they stand outside the keep. "I still say we creep towards the tower. I wish we could still communicate easily with the silence spell. Oh well. Duroin, once we are inside the walls let us seperate for the moment while we investigate the holes in their defenses." With that said he tightens his grip on Virashil's hand and says, "Do not worry, I will protect you in the battle's ahead. Be sure though, if a spellcaster makes itself available, I will make sure I disrupt it's tactics."
I think once inside the walls we should have a look in through the holes in the walls of the various rooms. If we encounter any obvious spellcasters, I will engage them, trying to disrupt their spells. My gloves add 5 to the DC for their concentration check.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Plan:

1) This round - look into the two gatehouses from S9 and S10 (where we currently are)
2) Move to L8 (double move)
3) Move to G6/H6 to look into the north building thru the collapsed wall
4) Move to J10
5) Move to K15 to look into the tower building thru the collapsed wall

Depending on how long it takes to look into the walls and see the contents the duration of this plan would be either 5 or 6 rounds in duration.

Can't look into SE building due to no collapsed walls

Y'all ok with this?

hero4hire

Explorer
This courtyard of hard-packed earth has an eerie air of desolation. Jagged boulders embedded in the ground seem to have been dropped here, or thrown from a great distance; many of the walls bear large dents and cracks where boulders have once struck. Two massive skeletons lie at opposite ends of the cortyard, one propped up by the watchtower and the other sprawled at the far end by a building that could be a stable. To the south, where a section of the keep's outer wall has collapsed, a third giant skeleton lies partially buried in rubble.

The heroes creep over to the hole in the northernmost building inside the keep. Just as the invisible heroes traverse the rubble at thier feet the wooden doors bust open.

Small green-skinned goblins armed with bows and scimitars atop massive wolf-creatures leap forth. The goblins bowstrings are taut to open fire upon the intruders but the duo are confused by the empty courtyard. Thier steeds however do not seem so easily fooled as they growl and snap in your direction!

vraathkeep1.jpg

Jonathan's Invisibility 19 rounds left
Duroin's Invisibility 20 rounds left
Kirrg's Invisibility 21 rounds left
Virishal's Invisibility 22 rounds left

Initiative and actions please

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Virashil - Sorcerer 5, Hp: 21/21

Virashil whispers to her comrades,"I think those wolves can smell us, or more likely, the three of you... I'm going to try and confuse them a bit more..."

She looks at the wolves for a moment, trying to figure out if these are normal wolves, or perhaps something more, then moves south and back, along with west wall of the building in the courtyard.

She murmers a few syllables and causes a faint, glowing outline of a humanoid to appear besides the wolves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

Move to H9.

I fully expect Duroin to sneak attack the !@$#!@ out of one of those wolves - I am assuming that the first strike against a foe while invisible still bypasses dex modifier even with scent? (Don't forget your +1 bonus to attack goblinoids)

Knowledge Check (arcana) +5 to see if she knows anything about these creatures.

Virashil initiative for goblins/wolves (1d20+3=7)

I figured my good initiative rolling would come to an end....

Cast Dancing Lights to create a glowing humanoid figure to appear at N9 and begin to have the form move in a circular fashion N9 --> P9 --> P11 --> N11 , does not dispel her invisibility.

Spells left: 4/3/4

Mage Armor: 40 minutes left

Item usage: Arcanist's Gloves (0 remaining uses today), RoE Spellshard (2 uses left)

Last edited:

Remove ads