D&D General The Return of the Death Knight!

You might remember my sad tale of my HeroForge death knight and it’s untimely fate. Well… there’s a new chapter in the story, because the death knight is back!

HeroForge very generously reached out to me and offered to send me a replacement. I gratefully accepted (while feeling slightly guilty, as it was my dog who ate it’s predecessor).

The new death knight arrived this morning — along with a pair of other minis, who I hereby dub his minions. I think they might form a small adventuring party.

So, thank you HeroForge! You can't keep a good (evil?) death knight down! Now I just need a name for this new adventuring party!

462AFFAB-28CA-417F-9BA5-024D6D3AD162.jpeg

8DA604C1-FF0B-4834-8590-30927378D0C8.jpeg
A06E833C-6685-457A-A6A1-608E26259CDE.jpeg
36C4653B-928D-4BA7-B8FE-2EAB90DA74CC.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Wait, these are their colored plastic prints? As in no painting? That’s a quality I was not expecting!

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
The colored plastic prints are really nice. I mean, they're not going to look as good as lovingly-hand-painted, highly-detailed minis you'll see in the display cases at the hobby shop, but they're at least as good as the pre-painted ones put out by GF9 (Wizkids?). And the colors don't seem to fade much, unless of course they're consumed by canines...

NotAYakk

Legend
How the heck are they colour printing in 3D?
They 3d print it by depositing plastic that is quick-hardened (I dunno, using UV lasers), but here they deposit different colours of plastic (and I think even blends).

So instead of being a monocoloured model with paint on it, the colour can be more than skin-deep. I think they can even get some translucent plastics this way? Not certain.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases