• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

The Road to Discovery

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Arbrine and Aggressive Beetles

Arbrine will attack the beetle on Nalvis, seeking to knock it away from him. [Roll: 96/60]
[sblock=Game Mechanics]Physical Assault: Attack + Athletic + Fury + d100
Arbrine: 18 + 15 + 22 + 96 + 60 = 212

Physical Defense: Defend + Obscurative + Konokoro + d100
Beetle: 23 + 18 + 0 + 65 = 106
Damage: 212 - 106 = 106% * 5 = 5 - 10(deflect), ineffective[/sblock]
GM: Arbrine smacks the beetle nearest Nalvis as it turns to depart. She hits the insect, hard, but not hard enough to crack it protective chitin. The beetle bowls over, then rights itself. It shuffles away a stride; then with the other one that are still functional, takes to flight, abandoning their food and their threat. There are three dead beetles and one incapacitated remaining at the feet of the River Crew.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: slowed
Persona: 5 - 9 = -4, Mind: 10 - 4 = 6
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Persona: 3 - 1 = 2
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: slowed
Persona: 2 - 7 = -5, Mind: 10 - 5 = 5
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
Persona: 4 - 3 = 1
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The River Crew will finish off the incapacitated beetle, collect the carapaces, and search the area.
A well placed whack finishes the incapacitated beetle. The ended battle leaves 4 collectible pairs of elytrum. Circumnavigating the area reveals nothing else of interest.
trimaran.jpg
OOC: This is a good indication of the vessel's design, but it is large enough for six people.

The new boat for the river is finished in the allotted time. Renyaveer's design is streamlined and efficient. The vessels proves easy to sail and easy to paddle, riding high in the water and being very buoyant. Not only will the central portion hold the crew and some supplies, the outriggers are wide enough to easily accommodate a standing person. The design is also light enough the the six members of the River Crew can physically carry it. The sail from the old boat was also repurposed to function better with the new boat design.

The Marshland villagers are impressed with the design and pleased with their own work. Discussions are held about making more for their own use. For the River Crew, now better prepared for travel, adventure awaits.

Road8.jpg

GM: The two main option previously discussed included the branches of the river north and south of the Spiofthest' Village. Egress by boat for the southern branch halted at a small falls, but travel seemed easy to pursue farther by foot. The northern branch winds between tight cliff facings and negates wind for sailing. The new boat design should allow the River Crew to paddle upstream, if they so choose.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: slowed
Persona: 5 - 9 = -4, Mind: 10 - 4 = 6
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Persona: 3 - 1 = 2
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: slowed
Persona: 2 - 7 = -5, Mind: 10 - 5 = 5
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
Persona: 4 - 3 = 1
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
After discussions the River Crew decide to take the northern route, paddling when they need to. When they find good places to stop for rest, Nalvis will search for minerals and ores, Mekrick and Arbrine will hunt.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Exploring the Ravine Branch

After discussions the River Crew decide to take the northern route, paddling when they need to. When they find good places to stop for rest, Nalvis will search for minerals and ores, Mekrick and Arbrine will hunt.
The River Crew sails back toward the Spiofthest Village from The Marshland Village. The new boat clips along at a much faster pace than the previous vessel. The crew turns toward the narrow opening of the Ravine Branch, furling the sail and switching to paddles as it becomes necessary.
ravine2.jpg

The narrowness of the cliff walls forces the crew to resort to manual travel. They are also forced to drop anchor when needing rest, as there is no suitable harbor. Fish, however, are plentiful in the narrow divide, making food plentiful. After 3 days of travel in this manner, which includes sleeping while the boat is anchored, a staircase falls cuts into the ravine from the right bank providing a much needed stop and excursion.
stair falls.jpg

There is still no place to beach the vessel, but it is not difficult to exit directly onto the climbable falls, tying the vessel to secure it. Rekyaviks decides to accompany Nalvis in his search for usable minerals and ores. Renyaveer and Quill take the opposite side of the falls from Mekric and Arbrine in order to search for game.
[sblock=Prospecting]Nalvis: 16 (mercantile) + 13 (konokoro) + 50 = 79
Rekyavik: 14 + 16 + 28 = 58[/sblock]
GM: Sticking to the shallow stream that cuts into the Ravine Branch by way of a staircase falls, Nalvis and Rekyavik are able to locate a single piece of slate, 1 Bloodstone, and an ingot of tin.

[sblock=Hunting]Mekric: 22 (mercantile) + 19 (empathy) + 50 = 91
Arbrine: 15 + 21 + 50 = 86
Renyaveer: 24 + 15 + 89 = 128
Quill: 16 + 23 + 26 = 65[/sblock]
GM: This area is obviously not frequented by people. In fact, no sign of other people is discovered in the short jaunt to locate food. The girls mostly locate harvester birds, but Mekric and Renyaveer are each able to bag a varmint.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: After the period of rest, the River Crew needs to decide if it will continue to explore the small stream or return to paddling up the Ravine Branch.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
The group decides to scout around the area to look for anything interesting. Mekric will look for useful plants. [roll: 60]

Nalvis and Arbrine will look for minerals and metals. [Nalvis roll: 29, Arbrine roll: 57]
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Up the Down Staircase

The group decides to scout around the area to look for anything interesting. Mekric will look for useful plants.
OOC: roll: 60
Vik and Quill will accompany Mekric, looking for game while she looks for herbs.
[sblock=Active Search]Mercantile + Clarity + d100
Mekric: 22 + 19 + 60 = 101
Rekyavik: 14 + 17 + 65 = 96
Quill: 16 + 23 + 55 = 94[/sblock]
GM: After climbing of the staggered falls, everyone finds that the stream spreads over a flattened area before continuing to climb farther inland, upstream. The main riverbed of the flattened area averages knee deep with a gravelly bottom. The water reaching out into the surrounding at this time of year has created a saturated bowl.

Mekric, Rekyavik, and Quill decide to take the right side, moving out of sight but keeping within voice contact of the others. A stand of hawthorns has populated the flooded area, but all the fruit has long since fallen. While they slowly scour the area, Mekric collects an entire basket of edible leaves. Rekyavik spears a lizard about the size of his leg, while Quill is able to skewer several fish fish her javelins.

The wetted area dries as the three move farther east and the hawthorns are replaced with aspen. Veering northward as they walk, the three meet back at the next rise in the stream without having located anything of note.

Nalvis and Arbrine will look for minerals and metals.
OOC: Nalvis roll: 29, Arbrine roll: 57
Veera will accompany Nalvis and Arbrine. she will hunt for game and keep a lookout while the other two search for stones and ore.
[sblock=Active Search]Nalvis: 16 + 13 + 29 = 58
Renyaveer: 24 + 15 + 62 = 101
Arbrine: 15 + 21 + 57 = 93[/sblock]
GM: Nalvis, Renyaveer, and Arbrine decide to take the the left side, agreeing to circle around to meet at the next rise in the stream if nothing of interest presents itself. Being a mountainous area, Rocky outcroppings and strewn boulders are scattered everywhere, even about the flat. During the first hour, Nalvis is only able to find a single piece of functional slate, while Arbrine locates a piece of heartstone and an ingot of iron.

Aspen and beech dominate the western side of the flattened stretch of stream and Renyaveer is able to shoot one muskrat, one rabbit, and one squirrel. Arcing northward as they walk, the three meet back with the others at the predetermined place and time without having found anything of note.

The stream proves to make the easiest path for moving farther into the heights and the River Crew climbs a little farther before breaking for lunch.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: To explore further the crew has the option to continue following the stream, northward, or to pick through the more difficult traverse of going east or west.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine seem to have all become discouraged at the lack of findings in their exploration. Vik, Veera, and Quill lend encouragement and the Ricer Crew decides to push upward to further explore the small stream as it winds through the mountains. The small stream is only a shallow trickle at most points, barely ankle deep. The area is bursting with a myriad of flora and fauna. There is no shortage of sustenance to be gathered.

The next day, due to the particularity of the topography and a beaver dam, the group comes upon an unknown and unreported, small lake. The lake is mostly wooded on the downslope edge and bordered by cliff on the upslope side. From the top of the beaver dam, the water seems dark and mysterious, though it clears father away from the collected vegetation.

Dragonflies and Butterflies flit about the water's surface, occasionally to be devoured by some lurking fish. Waterfowl paddle about and other various animals are observed. There is no definitive path about the small the lake, but there is a discernible game trail. Some type of predatory of piscivorous diving birds launch themselves from the cliffs to dive into the water.
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
The River Crew will camp by the lake, taking time to do some fishing. They will continue to search for useful plants. [roll: 40] At night around the fire Nalvis says, "I thought there would be more to explore out here. This would be nice, but I keep thinking about the soldiers that attacked the villages. What if the city sends out more? I would like to head back to the village and try to move closer to Eastaboga. We might not be able to enter the city, but there might be more we can do along the way."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Return to Marshland Village

OOC: All characters receive 5 developmental points.

The River Crew will camp by the lake...
This Mystic Vale looks pristine in its natural state. Perhaps no other people have been here, at least not in a very long time. If any do come, they must be of a mind to leave no trace of their presence. Maybe this would be a place to return at some future date.

Road8.jpg

Returning to the Marshland Village, the River Crew discusses plans with Aikiku with regard to their concerns for the well-being of the various villages of the area due to the newly developing threat from Eastaboga. In the midst of the discussion Aikiku realizes that the River Crew is integrating itself with the village residents and offering services viable to the future of all the River People.

"I did not discuss much of the daily affairs of the town in any of our previous conversations. I think it is time that I change that omission. You have not only integrated yourselves with our village but you present a unique ability to be the harbingers of commerce within the entire river system."

"We used to have some occasional trade with the Norikadian people from out on the Rocky Coast. They would bring meat and goods from the collected sea creatures in exchange for textiles and various goods of wood. Sadly we have lost all of these people but the two of your crew. Additionally passage would require that the vessels sail upstream from the mouth of the river which opens at the northern edge of Eastaboga. Thanks to their change in demeanor, this is not likely possible."

"With the Spoiofthest Village, we trade raw animal materials and textiles for leather goods. You all seem to have a greater talent and skill for collecting animals and could significantly contribute to this venture, carrying our textiles as you deliver your skins."

"With the Orngaddrin Village, we trade textiles for metal goods. The Orngaddrin mine their own ore, of course, but they gladly accept minerals and ores when we are able to acquire any."

"For our own part, we collect cane and reeds from across the river. We rotate our pattern through the marsh so to not create voids in the growth, insuring future collections. This is mundane labor and I am not suggesting that you should participate. Occasionally our gatherers encounter hostile animals or people beyond their ability to rectify. When this happens, I would like to call upon you to investigate the situation."

"In all of these things, we cannot hire your services. I am hoping that you will choose to aid us in such venture out of a sense of duty to your new community."
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Mekric nods and says, "We can sustain ourselves with what we find and we will ask to see what can be traded. Do you have any materials you wish for us to take to one of the villages?"

Nalvis will inquire with the village fighters to see if it would be a good idea to construct a watch tower on the river to give advance warning of any more attacks from Eastaboga.

Arbrine says, "I wish to visit the Orngaddrin again."
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC: All characters receive 5 developmental points.

Mekric nods and says, "We can sustain ourselves with what we find, and we will ask to see what can be traded. Do you have any materials you wish for us to take to one of the villages?"
Aikiku responds. "Not yet. From our own supply, we make sisal fabric from the smaller reed variety that we collect in the marsh. The best fiber comes from the young and new growth that appears in the early part of the year. It is the latter part of the year when we divide our supply and delivery it to our neighboring villages."

Kwargrow said:
Nalvis will inquire with the village fighters to see if it would be a good idea to construct a watch tower on the river to give advance warning of any more attacks from Eastaboga.
The village men readily agree with the assessment of Nalvis and begin to discuss the necessary materials and the best location. During one of these discussions Mitsune comes into the middle of the group and stands before Nalvis. He looks at him directly with no expression upon his face. He speaks with no emotion in his voice. "This is a good plan. We have never before had a need. We shall call it Nalvis Tower."

Ne nods again, then walk away. The village men stare, agape at his departure. One of the men says, "That is the friendliest thing I have ever heard him say. You have impressed him."

Kwargrow said:
Arbrine says, "I wish to visit the Orngaddrin again."
Vik adds, "That sounds good. As I recall Mekric was having the catapulters devise her a bow weapon for our boat."

Veera joins the dialogue. "We do not have any ore to trade, yet, but they may have some trouble afield with their own mining for which they could use our help."

When it would normally take 8 days to reach the Orngaddrin village, it only takes 4 in the River Crew's new sailing vessel. The villagers express joy at the return and greet the crew warmly. The Catapulters have finished their manufacture of the turret-mounted ballista. It loaded using a detached lever. Mekric readily takes to its function and realizes that it is too heavy to be functional without its mounting pole. Rekyavik looks at the pole and informs Mekric that they can add holding brackets at sever locations on the boat.

The village elders explain their gratitude at the offer of looking after the safety of the mining crews and convey that three crews are currently working and there is the occasional threat from beasts or indigenous peoples. No runner has returned to report an immediate threat. The River Crew is shown the three paths for the normal routes and welcomed to transverse them to speak with the miners, themselves.

[sblock=Spiofthest Village]"With the Spoiofthest Village, we trade raw animal materials and textiles for leather goods."[/sblock]
[sblock=Orngaddrin Village]"With the Orngaddrin Village, we trade textiles for metal goods. The Orngaddrin mine their own ore, of course, but they gladly accept minerals and ores when we are able to acquire any."[/sblock]
[sblock=Marshland Village]"For our own part, we collect cane and reeds from across the river. Occasionally our gatherers encounter hostile animals or people beyond their ability to rectify."[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
The River crew discuss a plan and decide to follow the mining routes and speak with the Orngaddrin miners. Perhaps they can find some ore along the way.
Mineralogy: Nalvis: 92, 33; Mekric: 22; Arbrine: 16
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Mining Interference

OOC: All characters receive 5 developmental points.

[sblock=Spiofthest Village]"With the Spoiofthest Village, we trade raw animal materials and textiles for leather goods."[/sblock]
[sblock=Orngaddrin Village]"With the Orngaddrin Village, we trade textiles for metal goods. The Orngaddrin mine their own ore, of course, but they gladly accept minerals and ores when we are able to acquire any."[/sblock]
[sblock=Marshland Village]"For our own part, we collect cane and reeds from across the river. Occasionally our gatherers encounter hostile animals or people beyond their ability to rectify."[/sblock]
The River crew discuss a plan and decide to follow the mining routes and speak with the Orngaddrin miners. Perhaps they can find some ore along the way.
OOC: Mineralogy: Nalvis: 92, 33; Mekric: 22; Arbrine: 16
The Orngaddrin elders discuss that the high mine crew has mentioned the feeling of being watched. Nothing has occurred, yet, but the miners cannot shake the feeling. "It is likely Deviard, hoping to poach the yield. They are a dangerous nuisance, but rarely encountered directly. The other possibility would be a Yeti. I sincerely hope that is not the case."

Vik scratches his head and asks, "What is a Yeti?"

The elder's eyes widen. "It is probably a good thing that you do not know. Yeti live high in the mountains, normally above the snow line. They are like the ice bears that roam the northern tundra, but they can stand and walk almost like a person, though they tend to lope sideways. They have whitish gray fur which makes them hard to see. When they decide to adopt an area they viciously kill anything they deem to be competition for game."

Veera thanks the man for his information and the catapulters for the ballista. She looks over the weapon with Mekric, admiring its function.

The path to the high mine departs from the northwest corner of the village and climbs continually upward. The walk is only a few hours and provides several spectacular views of the lower valleys. The mine itself is above the tree line.

[sblock=Prospecting]Mercantile + Analysis + d100
Nalvis: 16 + 13 + 92 + 33 = 154
Mekric: 22 + 18 + 22 = 62
Arbrine: 15 + 20 + 16 = 51
Rekyavik: 14 + 16 + 48 = 78
Renyaveer: 24 + 15 + 25 = 64
Quill: 16 + 22 + 80 = 118[/sblock]
During the climb, a bit of luck leads Nalvis to locate a rock of zinc, that yields 8 ingots. Mekric and Renyaveer each find a single ingot of zinc. Rekyavik finds a single ingot of tin. Quill, also, locates a rock of zinc, but hers only yields 6 ingots. Nothing mineable is located.

The miners greet the River Crew in a friendly manner. The foreman says that some tools have gone missing from the night before. He laughs at the elder's fear of a Yeti, explaining that with the missing tools, the culprits are definitely people. He shows the crew where he thinks they have been approaching and evidence of tracks are soon discovered. It appears that the thieves approached from a lower elevation around the bend from the mine.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
Mekric brushes her hair out of her eyes and says, "If someone is taking tools then they must have some use for them. Perhaps we can convince them to trade something for the tools instead of stealing."

Nalvis casually rests his hand on his axe and adds, "We can try to convince them, but this time I'm staying by your side."

Arbrine laughs and says, "They'll probably fight anyway, but i like your stubborn style, Mek."

The River crew will follow the trail to see what they find.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Down in the Aspen Valley

OOC: All characters receive 5 developmental points.

[sblock=Spiofthest Village]"With the Spoiofthest Village, we trade raw animal materials and textiles for leather goods."[/sblock]
[sblock=Orngaddrin Village]"With the Orngaddrin Village, we trade textiles for metal goods. The Orngaddrin mine their own ore, of course, but they gladly accept minerals and ores when we are able to acquire any."[/sblock]
[sblock=Marshland Village]"For our own part, we collect cane and reeds from across the river. Occasionally our gatherers encounter hostile animals or people beyond their ability to rectify."[/sblock]
Mekric brushes her hair out of her eyes and says, "If someone is taking tools then they must have some use for them. Perhaps we can convince them to trade something for the tools instead of stealing."

Nalvis casually rests his hand on his axe and adds, "We can try to convince them, but this time I'm staying by your side."

Arbrine laughs and says, "They'll probably fight anyway, but i like your stubborn style, Mek."

The River crew will follow the trail to see what they find.
Veera thumbs the ends of her bow, absentmindedly checking the string. "Since the culprits are skulking, unseen, to take tool while avoiding contact with the Orngaddrin, I cannot see them as being interested in fair trade, but I will back your play should the option present itself."

Vik cracks his knuckles. "I hate thievery. I am with Arbrine. I hope they fight."

Quill swishes her mouth from side to side and moves to stand near Arbrine. She shrugs her shoulders but says nothing.

Though the path has been used by people, it is little more than a regular game trail, for prints of sheep or goats are as frequently seen as those of people. The River Crew descends into the valley and soon the peak is obscured from view by the growth of trees. The path becomes even more evident to follow in the slightly softer soil. More paths of game animals cross the one being currently followed.

Late into the afternoon, voices are heard from further ahead. Moving off the definitive trail and easing through the trees, the crew sees a small camp. There is some game roasting over the coals of a tended campfire. Men and women mill about the camp doing much of nothing. The people are of a short to an average height and stocky builds, defining them as Mhytres. They have charcoal gray skin and pitch black hair. The men are heavily bearded. The are all clothed in rudimentary hide tunics. They speak a definitive language rather than simply make guttural noises, but it is an unknown tongue.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Mekric steps into view of the Mhytres and throws a hammer at the ground near the people. She demands in a loud voice, "Now give me something for it!" She attempts to Negotiate and will use Way to project her voice. [ Roll: 11]

Nalvis stays close to Mekric, hands on his axe.

Arbrine will take a flank position and attempt to hide and will use Way to alter the shadows to help her hide. [ Roll: 72]
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Useless Parlay

OOC: All characters receive 5 developmental points.

[sblock=Spiofthest Village]"With the Spoiofthest Village, we trade raw animal materials and textiles for leather goods."[/sblock]
[sblock=Orngaddrin Village]"With the Orngaddrin Village, we trade textiles for metal goods. The Orngaddrin mine their own ore, of course, but they gladly accept minerals and ores when we are able to acquire any."[/sblock]
[sblock=Marshland Village]"For our own part, we collect cane and reeds from across the river. Occasionally our gatherers encounter hostile animals or people beyond their ability to rectify."[/sblock]
Mekric steps into view of the Mhytres and throws a hammer at the ground near the people. She demands in a loud voice, "Now give me something for it!" She attempts to Negotiate and will use Way to project her voice. [Roll: 11]
GM: Mekric finds that by slight manipulation of mechanical Way, she could amplify her voice to the point of being painful; but instead, she simply makes it loud. The other members of the River Crew are thankful to be behind her and not in front. Her attempt at negotiation fails to have any desired effect. Not only do the unfamiliar Mhytres not respond to the words, they seem amused at the projected volume.

Arbrine will take a flank position and attempt to hide and will use Way to alter the shadows to help her hide. [ Roll: 72]
[sblock=Obscure]Obscurative (15) + Bend Light (37) + d100 (72) = 124[/sblock]
Vik decides to move with Arbrine using his size and obviousness to distract from her concealment. He holds his harpoon at ready but not in an attack position. Veera stay where she is with an arrow knocked to her bow. She says nothing but eyes any movement of the others. Quill takes no action at this time.

All the Mhytres stand and face the River Crew. The man in the center smiles in a vulpine manner. "sze'p truukk kibi'r la'ny." He laughs at the hammer and pokes it with a toe. He draws a miner's pick into his right hand and makes his hand holding it glow with an eerie light. "most meg fogunk olni."

GM: There are 4 men and 4 women. All arm themselves with similar weapons and prepare to attack.

OOC: Make reaction rolls and state initial action.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Nalvis Reaction: 61, Nalvis intends to stand between the Mhytres and Mekric. As soon as an enemy is in melee range he will strike with his axe: Attack Roll: 100, 91

Mekric: 04, Mekric intends to shoot at the tribals with her bow. Roll: 77

Arbrine: 72, From her hidden position Arbrine will charge in, attacking the first hostile she comes to and if she connects she will Heat her opponent. Roll: 26
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Fighting Deviards

OOC: All characters receive 5 developmental points.

[sblock=Spiofthest Village]"With the Spoiofthest Village, we trade raw animal materials and textiles for leather goods."[/sblock]
[sblock=Orngaddrin Village]"With the Orngaddrin Village, we trade textiles for metal goods. The Orngaddrin mine their own ore, of course, but they gladly accept minerals and ores when we are able to acquire any."[/sblock]
[sblock=Marshland Village]"For our own part, we collect cane and reeds from across the river. Occasionally our gatherers encounter hostile animals or people beyond their ability to rectify."[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Encounter]There are 4 men and 4 women. All arm themselves with similar weapons and prepare to attack.[/sblock]
Nalvis Reaction: 61, Attack Roll: 100, 91

Mekric: 04, Roll: 77

Arbrine: 72, Attack Roll: 26
[sblock=Reaction Time]Readiness + Athletic + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: 24 + 16 + 16 + 61 = 117
Mekric: 16 + 22 + 21 + 7 = 66
Arbrine: 22 + 15 + 23 + 72 = 132
Rekyavik: 24 + 14 + 19 + 59 = 116
Renyaveer: 18 + 25 + 16 + 76 = 135
Quill: 17 + 17 + 24 + 81 = 139
Deviards: 30 + 20 + 40 + 24 = 114[/sblock]
Vik charges forward intending to bring his harpoon to bear. Veera stands her ground, drawing an arrow to release it. Quill lifts a reed javelin to launch it. Despite arming themselves, none of the Deviards move to engage. They mumble and begin to curl their left arms and rolling them out, pointing their fingers at different members of the River Crew.

[sblock=Speed of Action]Nalvis: 130(armor) - 18(strength) + 100(axe) - 117 = 95
Mekric: 70(armor) - 12(strength) + 200(bow) - 66 = 192
Arbrine: 70(armor) - 14(strength) + 100(way) - 132 = 24
Rekyavik: 50(armor) - 16(strength) + 200(spear) - 116 = 118
Renyaveer: 80(armor) - 14(strength) + 200(bow) - 135 = 131
Quill: 70(armor) - 14(strength) + 100(javelin) - 139 = 17
Deviards: 27(armor) - 15(strength) + 100(way) - 114 = -2[/sblock]
GM: Before any of the River Crew can complete an action, each of the Deviards completes his odd gesture. As they do, everyone except Arbrine feel a surge of electric shock

[sblock=Paranormal Assault]Deviards: 25(Bending) + 40(Shock) + 49(d100) = 114
Nalvis: 25(Conditioning) + 17(Fury) + 100(d100) + 91(luck) > 114
Mekric: 19 + 21 + 77 > 114
Rekyavik: 25 + 19 + 30 = 74
Damage: 114 - 74 = 40% * 10 = 4 x 2 = 8
Body: 10 - 8 = 2, injured
Renyaveer: 19 + 15 + 49 = 83
Damage: 114 - 83 = 31% * 10 = 3
Body: 10 - 3 = 7, hurt
Quill: 17 + 24 + 91 + 63 > 114[/sblock]
GM: Though all can feel the jolt, only Norikadians seem to be affected, Rekyavik seems to have been jolted twice.

[sblock=Projectile Assault]17(readiness) + 17(athletic) + 24(clarity) + 91(d100) + 63(luck) + 50(range) = 262
Deviard1: 20(obscure) + 30(analysis) + 49(d100) = 99
Damage: 262 - 99 = 163% * 10 = 16 - 6 = 10
Body: 10 - 10 = 0, incapacitated[/sblock]
GM: Ignoring the tingling sensation, Quill launches her javelin at her nearest enemy. The thin blade on the end of the reed stabs through the sheephide tunic and bores significantly into the body cavity, rendering the foe incapacitated.

Kwargrow said:
From her hidden position Arbrine will charge in, attacking the first hostile she comes to and if she connects she will Heat her opponent.
[sblock=Physical Assault]20(aggression) + 15(athletic) + 24(fury) + 26(d100) + 127(stealth) = 212
Deviard2: 30(readiness) + 20(obscure) + 30(analysis) + 49(d100) + 20(perceive) = 149
Damage: 212 - 149 = 63% * 5 = 3 - 3(soak) = 0[/sblock]
[sblock=Paranormal Assault]17(bending) + 24(heat) + 50(d100) = 91
Deviard2: 30(conditioning) + 40(fury) + 49(d100) > 91[/sblock]
GM: The Deviard is caught completely unaware when Arbrine emerges and punches him, but her blow is soaked by the sheephide tunic and he resists the paranormal attempt to heat him.

Kwargrow said:
Nalvis intends to stand between the Mhytres and Mekric. As soon as an enemy is in melee range he will strike with his axe.
[sblock=Physical Assault]26(aggression) + 16(athletic) + 17(fury) + 100(d100) + 91(luck) = 250
Deviard3: 30(readiness) + 20(obscure) + 30(analysis) + 49(d100) = 129
Damage: 250 - 129 = 121% * 20 = 24 - 6(deflect) = 18
Body: 10 - 18 = -8, incapacitated[/sblock]
GM: Seeing that the Deviard do not need to close to melee to attack, Nalvis closes the distance, himself, swinging a mighty blow with his axe that cleaves heavily into his foe, causing him to fall to the ground incapacitated.

Before the remaining members can act, the Deviards attack a second time. One physically assaults Nalvis and the one Arbrine attacked physically assaults her. The others, again, manipulate the Way Lines to cause electric shock.

[sblock=Physical Assault]30(aggression) + 20(athletic) + 40(fury) + 54(d100) = 144
Nalvis: 24(readiness) + 16(obscure) + 17(analysis) + 50(d100) = 107
Damage: 144 - 107 = 37% * 8 = 3
Mind: 10 - 3 = 7, dazed
Arbrine: 22 + 15 + 22 + 50 = 109
Damage: 144 - 109 = 35% * 8 = 3
Mind: 10 - 3 = 7, dazed[/sblock]
GM: Nalvis, whose attacker avoids his shield, and Arbrine, who is no longer hidden, are both dazed by a blow from an ocrin pick.

[sblock=Paranormal Assault]25(bending) + 40(shock) + 54(d100) = 119
Mekric: 19(conditioning) + 21(fury) + 50(d100) = 90
Damage: 119 - 90 = 29% * 10 = 3
Body: 10 - 3 = 7, hurt
Rekyavik: 25 + 19 + 98 + 59 > 119
Renyaveer: 19 + 15 + 55 = 89
Damage: 119 - 89 = 30% * 10 = 3
Body: 10 - 3 = 7 - 3 = 4, hurt
Quill: 17 + 24 + 63 = 114
Damage: 119 - 114 = 05% * 10 = 1
Body: 10 - 1 = 9, hurt[/sblock]
GM: Rekyavik is able to resist the second shock, but the others are mildly hurt.

[sblock=Physical Assault]24(aggression) + 14(athletic) + 19(fury) + 50(d100) = 107
Deviard4: 30(defend) + 20(obscure) + 30(analysis) + 50(d100) > 107[/sblock]
GM: Perhaps due to his accruing injuries, perhaps bad luck, but Rehyavik is unable to connect with his harpoon.

[sblock=Projectile Assault]18(readiness) + 25(athletic) + 16(clarity) + 50(d100) + 50(range) = 159
Deviard5: 20(obscure) + 30(analysis) + 50(d100) = 100
Damage: 159 - 100 = 59% * 10 = 6 - 6, ineffective[/sblock]
GM: The aim of Renyaveer is not quite true enough. Her arrow hangs in the sheephide tunic of her target, causing no harm.

Kwargrow said:
Mekric intends to shoot at the tribals with her bow.
[sblock=Projectile Assault]
18(readiness) + 25(athletic) + 16(clarity) + 77(d100) + 50(range) = 186
Deviard6: 20 + 30 + 50 = 100
Damage: 186 - 100 = 86% * 10 = 9 - 6(deflect) = 3[/sblock]
GM: Mekric fares better. She plant an arrow in her opponent, albeit only causes some hurt.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Boots: 20 - 2 - 2 - 3 = 13
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 19
Abrine: full health
Boots: 20 - 4 = 16
Rekyavik: full health
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 22
Quill: full health
javelins: 4
Boots: 20 - 3 = 17[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lacquered Beetle Carapaces: 4
Minerals:
  • Slate: 2 pieces: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 2 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: The Deviards appear content to continue combat.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top