The Road to Discovery

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Agressive Medderin

Nalvis brandishes his axe and says, "Hostile it is." He will charge the Medderin that threw the rock at him.
OOC: Reaction: 38, Action: 43

Mekric curses and draws back her bow to shoot at her best target.
OOC: Reaction: 34, Action: 96, 32

Arbrine feels her temper spike at this unprovoked attack. She will charge her best target, eager to use her new harnin knuckles and use Way to burn her opponent with fire when she strikes.
OOC: Reaction: 86, Action: 09
OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: 22 + 16 + 13 + 38 = 89
Mekric: 14 + 22 + 19 + 34 = 89
Arbrine: 20 + 15 + 21 + 86 = 142
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 17 + 10 = 63
Renyaveer: 18 + 24 + 15 + 97 = 154
Quill: 17 + 16 + 23 + 72 = 128
Medderin: 34 + 26 + 18 + 75 = 153

Having thrown the rocks which gave away their positions, the four Medderin brandish stone weapons and storm toward the linear position of the River Crew. The four are spread out like separate seed pods on a dandelion head.

Reacting at the instant the the Medderin are going to move, Veera begins to shuffle backward as she draws her bow to fire.
OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance
Renyaveer: 154 - 200(bow) = -46
Medderin: 153 - 300(movement) = -147

Projectile Assault: Launch + Precision + Clarity + d100 +/- range
Renyaveer: 18 + 24 + 15 + 62 + 50(short) = 169

Projectile Avoidance: Preservation + Konokoro + d100 = 26 + 18 + 28 = 72
Damage: 169 - 72 = 97% * 10 = 10
Body: 10 - 10 = 0, incapacitated

GM: Before the Medderin who is charging her can close the distance, Renyaveer puts an arrow into an unprotected area of his abdomen, dropping him on his face.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Medderin, Arbrine, and Quill

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: 22 + 16 + 13 + 38 = 89
Mekric: 14 + 22 + 19 + 34 = 89
Arbrine: 20 + 15 + 21 + 86 = 142
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 17 + 10 = 63
Renyaveer: -46
Quill: 17 + 16 + 23 + 72 = 128
Medderin: -147

Arbrine feels her temper spike at this unprovoked attack. She will charge her best target, eager to use her new harnin knuckles and use Way to burn her opponent with fire when she strikes.
OOC: Action: 09
Arbrine circles toward the Medderin that is focused on Mekric and slips on a slick boulder.
OOC: Fall: (distance in strides x 100 - Balance - Fury) * distance in strides = 100 - 18 - 22 = 60% * 1 = 1
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9, dazed

GM: Her shoulder hits the ground soundly and her temple rebounds off a smooth rock. She is very slightly dazed but not especially harmed.

Quill moves toward the Medderin charging for Veera, only to see him fall. She launches her javelin at the Medderin moving toward Vik.
OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance = 128 - 200 = -72

Projectile Assault: Launch + Precision + Clarity + d100 +/- range
Quill: 17 + 16 + 23 + 08, fumble

GM: Having to switch targets evidently had a pronounced effect on Quill's aim, for her javelin sails far wide of her intended target.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Medderin, Nalvis, Mekric, and Rekyavik

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: 22 + 16 + 13 + 38 = 89
Mekric: 14 + 22 + 19 + 34 = 89
Arbrine: -158
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 17 + 10 = 63
Renyaveer: -46
Quill: -72
Medderin: -147

Nalvis brandishes his axe and says, "Hostile it is." He will charge the Medderin that threw the rock at him.
OOC: Action: 43

Mekric curses and draws back her bow to shoot at her best target.
OOC: Action: 96, 32
Nalvis moves to close the distance between himself and his target just as his target is closing the distance himself.
OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance
Nalvis: 89 - 300(movement) = -211

GM: Meeting in the middle, the Medderin proves quicker with his weapon, which happens to be a re-purposed deer antler.

OOC: Physical Assault: Attack + Precision + Fury + d100
Medderin: 34 + 26 + 18 + 82 = 160
Nalvis: 24 + 16 + 14 + 43 = 97

Physical Defense: Defend + Preservation + Konokoro + d100
Nalvis: 22 + 16 + 13 + 43 = 94
Damage: 160 - 94 = 66% * 7 = 5 - 3 = 2
Body: 10 - 2 = 8, hurt
Medderin: 160

GM: The Medderin swings low to avoid the shield of Nalvis and punctures his thigh, through his kilt, with a tine of his antler weapon. Nalvis is unable to connect with his return blow.

OOC: Speed of Action: 89 - 200 = -111

GM: Mekric is able to draw and fire at point blank range just before her opponent reaches her.

OOC: Projectile Assault: 14 + 22 + 19 + 96 + 32(luck) = 183 + 100(point blank) = 283
Projectile Avoidance: 26 + 18 + 35 = 79
Damage: 283 - 79 = 204 * 10 = 20
Body: 10 - 20 = -10, incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 10 = 0, unconscious

GM: The arrow flies from the bow with such force that it bores completely through its target. The Medderin falls, landing unconscious, the wound blubbering.

OOC: Speed of Action: 63 - 200 = -147

GM: Despite his advantage of reach, the Medderin is fast enough to close on Rekyavik and both swing at the same time.

OOC: Physical Assault: Attack + Precision + Fury + d100
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 17 + 82 = 135
Medderin: 34 + 26 + 18 + 52 = 130

Physical Defense: Defend + Preservation + Konokoro + d100
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 16 + 82 = 134
Medderin: 34 + 26 + 18 + 52 = 130
Damage: 135 = 130 = 05% * 20 = 1 - 4 = -3

GM: The Medderin misses Rekyavik with his attack, but then Vik's harpoon is blocked by the arm guard of the Medderin, which deflects the blow.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: dazed
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Medderin: 2nd Combat Sequence

GM: Two seconds of time has passed.

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: -11
Mekric: 89
Arbrine: 42
Rekyavik: 53
Renyaveer: 154
Quill: 128
Medderin: 53

The Medderin show no intention of changing their current mode of action.
OOC: Renyaveer will react first, followed by Quill, then Mekric.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: dazed
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Encouraged by her success, Mekric intends to choose her next best target and shoot the Medderin with her bow.
OOC: roll: 94/ 72
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Medderin, Renyaveer, Quill, and Mekric

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: -11
Mekric: 89
Arbrine: 42
Rekyavik: 53
Renyaveer: 154
Quill: 128
Medderin: 53

Veera draws another arrow and swings her aim to the Medderin attacking Vik.
OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance
Renyaveer: 154 - 200(bow) = -46
Medderin: 53 - 100(melee) = -47

GM: Renyaveer draws and fires a mere tic before the Medderin makes his next assault.

OOC: Projectile Assault: 18 + 24 + 15 + 27 + 50(short) - 50(engaged) = 84

Projectile Avoidance: 26 + 18 + 89 = 133

Miss %: 85

GM: With the natural movement of the bodies engaged in physical combat, Renyaveer misses her target. She also misses Rekyavik, fortunately.

Disappointed with her terrible javelin launch, Quill decides to close on the Medderin engaged with Vik to see if she can knock the sense out of him.
OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance
Quill: 128 - 300(movement) = -172
Medderin: -47
Rekyavik: 53 - 200(harpoon) = -147

GM: The Medderin and Rekyavik engage one another before Quill can reach them.

Encouraged by her success, Mekric intends to choose her next best target and shoot the Medderin with her bow.
OOC: roll: 94/ 72
OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance
Mekric: 89 - 200(bow) = -111
Medderin: -47

GM: Mekric fires her arrow after the Medderin has initiated his second assault but before Nalvis can respond.

OOC: Projectile Assault: 14 + 22 + 19 + 94 + 72(luck) + 50(close) - 50(engaged) = 221

Projectile Avoidance: 26 + 18 + 17 = 61
Damage: 221 - 61 = 160% * 10 = 16
Body: 10 - 16 = -6, incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 6 = 4, conscious

GM: Mekric's arrow cripples the Medderin engaged with Nalvis, but not before he is able to swing the antler again.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: dazed
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: Rekyavik and Arbrine will react next. There is an active opponent on Rekyavik. The opponent on Nalvis will fall before Nalvis can react.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Medderin and Rekyavik

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: -11
Mekric: -111
Arbrine: 42
Rekyavik: -147
Renyaveer: -46
Quill: -172
Medderin: -47


OOC: Speed of Action: reaction - hindrance
Mekric: 89 - 200(bow) = -111
Medderin: -47

The Medderin and Rekyavik both swing their weapons.
OOC: Physical Assault: Attack + Precision + Fury + d100
Medderin: 34 + 26 + 18 + 22 = 100
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 17 + 84 = 137

Physical Defense: Defend + Preservation + Konokoro + d100
Rekyavik: 22 + 14 + 16 + 84 = 136
Medderin: 100
Damage: 136 - 100 = 36% * 20 = 7 - 5(deflect) = 2
Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt

GM: Though the Medderin swings first, Rekyavik is successful at defending against the blow, while effectively returning a strike of his own that cuts through the sheephide covering to cause some damage.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: dazed
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: Arbrine will react next. There is an active opponent on Rekyavik. The opponent on Nalvis will fall before Nalvis can react.
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
Arbrine intends to scramble to her feet and redeem her foul up by rushing at Vik's opponent and punching him down low so as to not interfere with the large man's attack. She will manipulate way to electrocute the Medderin.
OOC: roll: 15
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Arbrine and Bad Luck

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness + Impetus + Clarity + d100
Nalvis: -11
Mekric: -111
Arbrine: 42
Rekyavik: -147
Renyaveer: -46
Quill: -172
Medderin: -47

Arbrine intends to scramble to her feet and redeem her foul up by rushing at Vik's opponent and punching him down low so as to not interfere with the large man's attack. She will manipulate way to electrocute the Medderin.
OOC: roll: 15
Before he falls and before Nalvis can swing or Arbrine can reach her target, the Medderin swings his antler weapon one last time.
OOC: Physical Assault: Attack + Precision + Fury + d100
Medderin: 34 + 26 + 18 + 45 = 123

Physical Defense: Defend + preservation + Konokoro + d100 = 22 + 16 + 13 + 50 = 101
Damage: 123 - 101 = 22% * 7 = 2 - 20(shield), ineffective

The Medderins dying blow thunks into the new shield of Nalvis, breaking the lead tine of the antlered weapon.
OOC: Physical Assault: 18 + 15 + 22 + 15 = 70

Physical Defense: 34 + 26 + 18 + 45 = 123

GM: In the regular course of combat movement, the Medderin engaged with Rekyavik manages to completely avoid the intended punch by Arbrine, causing her to be unable to affect him by manipulating Way.

Seeing in his periphery that, in the span of 4 seconds, all of his kin have fallen, the remaining Medderin prepares to run.

Sensing the retreat, Vik seems obliged to allow him to flee.
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: dazed
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
The River Crew decide to let the Medderin run, but Arbrine yells at him, "Remember this next time you want to pick a fight with strangers."

Nalvis and Mekric look around to make sure there are no other threats.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Last Medderin Runs

The River Crew decide to let the Medderin run, but Arbrine yells at him, "Remember this next time you want to pick a fight with strangers."

Nalvis and Mekric look around to make sure there are no other threats.
As the last Medderin is allowed to flee, the River look about them to secure there immediate area from any possible additional threats. Finding none, they see that of the three Medderin who were shot, one is unconscious, but all three are incapacitated, being unable to move or speak. They can only blink their eyes.

Two of the fallen Medderin are female. One is male. They are all dressed in a loin cloth, arm guards and shin guards, all made of pighide still containing fur. There weapons are rudimentary of stone or bone.
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: dazed
Mind: 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Nalvis will search the Medderin for anything useful while Mekric covers him with her bow. Arbrine will search the area around the battle site, including where the ambush came from.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Fallen Medderin

Nalvis will search the Medderin for anything useful while Mekric covers him with her bow. Arbrine will search the area around the battle site, including where the ambush came from.
Veera decides to help Nalvis search the Medderin, while Vik and Quill help Arbrine scour the area. Veera offers, "I think it would be more charitable to end these severely injured foes rather than leave them in this state for animals to find."

GM: The weapons and garments look less than desirable. It is not likely they could be traded or of personal use. Nalvis and Renyaveer do discover several carried items of interest: one set of boar's teeth, one set of calling bird tail feathers, a lump of coal, one songbird skull, one small ram horn, and one set of running bird tail feathers.

The others discover the remains of where the Medderin must have been going to make a camp, but there is nothing there, other than evidence of some effort to make the camp.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt
Body: 10 - 2 = 8
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Nalvis looks around the area, taking in the flow of the river and proposes, "Perhaps we should go ahead and return to the Marsh village. Veera has suggested that we could benefit from a new boat instead of this procured one. Let's do that now."

Thinking of the Medderin, Mekric says, "I don't understand why people would attack someone just for a chance meeting on their path. Such reckless violence has obviously gotten their people nowhere in life."

Arbrine nods and goes along with the group.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Returning to the Marsh Village

Nalvis looks around the area, taking in the flow of the river and proposes, "Perhaps we should go ahead and return to the Marsh village. Veera has suggested that we could benefit from a new boat instead of this procured one. Let's do that now."
Vik nods. "Okay. It is not as if we have pressure on our time. I think it is a good idea. Veera knows more of navigation. I was always a harpooner."

Kwargrow said:
Thinking of the Medderin, Mekric says, "I don't understand why people would attack someone just for a chance meeting on their path. Such reckless violence has obviously gotten their people nowhere in life."
Veera comments. "It is as if the tribe has developed physically but not emotionally. They are like giant toddlers, throwing violent tantrums and trying to take what they want from others."

GM: What would have taken the River Crew 8 days to travel upstream, only takes them 4 when riding the current. The residents of the Spiofthest village wave as the crew sails by. Three days later, the Marshland villagers are seen out and about fishing as the crew arrives. Most of those locals greet the crew, as well, though the Hebrian people are not as demonstrative as the Spiofthest.

After a brief discussion, the villagers agree to trade the crew's current vessel for the manufacture of another based on Renyaveer's design, especially after the gift of the other boats retrieved from the malevolent soldiers. It will take a week's time to properly complete the vessel and fit it with the dual, cargo outriggers. The sail from the former vessel is repurposed to the new one to save time.

In the interim, the crew is invited to participate in not only collecting reeds but in the actual manufacture of the boat. Since the Hebrian idea is that full dedication to a single task breeds disinterest and thereby mistakes, a certain portion of the day is dedicated to the boat while the rest is dedicated to hunting, fishing, and gathering, all of which the crew is invited to participate in.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine all help with the boat construction, wanting to know more about the process. When not doing that they will also work on their home, adding little touches to make it theirs. All three will help with hunting, but Arbrine refuses to take part in fishing. She practices her stalking instead. Nalvis also speaks to any of the villagers that know about combat techniques and tries to improve his own fighting style.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Gathering Reeds

Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine all help with the boat construction, wanting to know more about the process. When not doing that they will also work on their home, adding little touches to make it theirs. All three will help with hunting, but Arbrine refuses to take part in fishing. She practices her stalking instead. Nalvis also speaks to any of the villagers that know about combat techniques and tries to improve his own fighting style.
GM: It is necessary to travel across the river to collect the reeds used to manufacture the Hebrian style of boat. The reeds are selected of particular lengths and thicknesses. They are cut, then soaked in the river for a day before being tied together in bundles about as thick as a person's leg and allowed to dry, As the reed bundles dry, they shrinks in volume, causing the need for them to be constantly tightened. Once the drying process is complete, the shaped bundles are lashes together to make the boat. The bundles are much stronger than any of the River Crew would have imagined. Single, large, reeds, about the size of a person's arm, are used to make the crossbeams that attach the outriggers and the mast for the sail.

During the first day of collecting, the crew moves in it own direction away from the others. This is advised so the barren pockets are not created in the reed field. Hearing the movement of people up in front of them and thinking that some of the Hebrians must be closing in on their locations, the River Crew pushes forward through the growth to find that it is a clan of unknown people, cleaning a medium sized lizard.

The people are average sized Aedamans similar in coloration to the Hebrians but with a redder tint to their skin, their bodies decorated with designs stained into the flesh from various dyes. They are dressed in skins and carry rudimentary weaponry made of bone or stone. Their bodies are also decorated with trinkets made from various bones, feathers, and stones. They look up from their game and stand to move a bit apart as the River Crew comes into view.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
The River Crew smiles and waves. Mekric says to Veera, "We seem to be the best at social interactions. Why don't we try and speak to these people. The others will watch our backs." Mekric will hand her bow to Nalvis and venture towards the hunting party.

Nalvis and Arbrine will stay alert, keeping their eyes on their surroundings.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Facing the Kinamin

The River Crew smiles and waves. Mekric says to Veera, "We seem to be the best at social interactions. Why don't we try and speak to these people. The others will watch our backs." Mekric will hand her bow to Nalvis and venture towards the hunting party.

Nalvis and Arbrine will stay alert, keeping their eyes on their surroundings.
Veera agrees, but shoulders her bow instead of handing it off, as she proceeds forward with Mekric. Vik moves a little to his right to maintain a line of sight around the girls. Quill scans the area to see if there are any outliers.

GM: At the approach of Mekric and Renyaveer, the Kinamin stand from their kill, scanning over the River Crew, and move in obvious defensive postures. One of the females barks a command in completely unintelligible words and waves her left hand like shooing away a fly. As she does, her hand glows with an eerie red light.

Seeing the obvious beauty of the two girls, one of the men says something to the female, and then he and another male, with vulgar expression upon their faces, take a step toward the girls. With the number of each party being equal. The Kinamin show signs of caution in their movement, despite their suggestive intentions.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Explorer
When Mekric sees the reaction of the Kinamin group she pauses and lets out a sigh. "I hoped they would be reasonable enough to speak with," she remarks to Veera. She holds her up her hands and waves in a 'nevermind' kind of way before backing away from this potential threat.

Nalvis strings and nocks Mekric's arrow in the same way he has seen his sister do. He does not know if he can hit anything with it, but he doubts the Kinamin will know that.

Arbrine sees the vulgar expression on the men's faces and takes a few steps forward, manipulating Way to let electricity play over her fingers. "You like light shows, bitch?" she asks rhetorically.

If the hunting group does not turn hostile then the River Crew will move on. They will go to the people of the Marsh village and warn them about the other tribe in the area.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Top