log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Road to Discovery

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Yes. We were told that we needed to cleanse the entire valley of everyone who is not Hebrian. We started at the seaward rocks and began moving inland and upstream."
At this confession Nalvis nods and turns, motioning for the group to follow him a few steps away to discuss their quest in semi-privacy. "So, now we know who killed our loved ones and why, and not only ours but so many others. What should we do?"

Mekric says, "These soldiers attacked the home of the Orngaddrin so they should have a say in what happens to these foul killers. The nameless leader should lose his head, that would be the only justice for so much loss, but the others may be brought to repentance. We should consult with Marmeren."

Arbrine says, "Beyond that I think we six should continue to travel together and fight against this cleansing. In time we should take the fight to Eastaboga itself and tear down this Shon Yu."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Prisoners of War

At this confession Nalvis nods and turns, motioning for the group to follow him a few steps away to discuss their quest in semi-privacy. "So, now we know who killed our loved ones and why, and not only ours but so many others. What should we do?"
Vik responds first. "I would like to say, 'Kill them,' but that would make us like them. I do not know."
Kwargrow said:
Mekric says, "These soldiers attacked the home of the Orngaddrin so they should have a say in what happens to these foul killers. The nameless leader should lose his head, that would be the only justice for so much loss, but the others may be brought to repentance. We should consult with Marmeren."
Veera motions for Marmeren to join the circle. "I think that you are right. Let us hear what Elder Marmeren has to say."
Kwargrow said:
Arbrine says, "Beyond that I think we six should continue to travel together and fight against this cleansing. In time we should take the fight to Eastaboga itself and tear down this Shon Yu."
Marmeren joins the friends and listens to their thought before weighing in. "Hear me out. This may sound strange, but we are genuinely a benevolent people. If it were only my people to consider, I would simply let these soldiers leave with their gear, without their boats I should add.

In the long walk, they would have to work together to be able to return all the way to Eastaboga. It would be a long walk, indeed. A walk that would determine their fates without our direct hand on them. For if they are truly malevolent, they will kill one another. If they do not, they will have to be a changed people which will impact their future endeavors. IN the worst case scenario, we will have to fight these men again, but it will be some time off.

As you are our guests and you were first wronged by these men, I leave the final decision to you. We will honor your decision
."

Quill looks over at Arbrine after Marmeren leaves them. "We should definitely investigate this change in the people of Eastaboga, whatever fate we decide for these failed soldiers."
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Mekric: hurt: Body = 10 - 2 = 8
Abrine: dazed: Mind = 10 - 1 = 9
Rekyavik: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 0
bone arrows: 0
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lizard Skin: 60% & 40% cover
  • Peccary Hide: 50% & 20% cover
  • Sheep Hide: 10% & 30% cover
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 2 lumps: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 18 ingots: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 16 ingots: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 4 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 13 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Soothe Leaves: 1 measures: (+Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Mend: 1 measure: (+Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
  • Soothe Flowers: 1 measure: (+Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis thanks Marmeren for his input and says, "I agree with Mekric. This leader has shown no remorse, even in defeat. Though he has refused to give his name, I believe he is Aikiku's son and he killed his own father, a crime worthy of death even without the other attacks. This leader will die in front of the other soldiers and then we can release the others to make their way back to Eastaboga. If no one objects I will take his head with his own sword. I wish to remain here in this village for a few days to trade what we have found along the trail and to learn some of the ways and language of the Orngaddrin. Then I wish to travel back to Aikiku and let her know what has become of her son before we investigate Eastaboga."

Mekric and Arbrine nod in full agreement and look to the other three for their thoughts.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Justice Is Served

Nalvis thanks Marmeren for his input and says, "I agree with Mekric. This leader has shown no remorse, even in defeat. Though he has refused to give his name, I believe he is Aikiku's son and he killed his own father, a crime worthy of death even without the other attacks. This leader will die in front of the other soldiers and then we can release the others to make their way back to Eastaboga."
Vik, Veera, and Quill also affirm their opinions of Nalvis's suspicion that the leader is Aikiku's son.

Kwargrow said:
"If no one objects I will take his head with his own sword."
The six, with the aid of some of the Orngaddrins usher the prisoners outside of the village along the eastern rather than the main southern path. After Nalvis kills the leader with his own sword, Quill approaches him and says quietly, "I released all of their boats except one, when I stayed behind. Do we want these soldier to just board their remaining boat and leave with it?"
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Mekric: hurt: Body = 10 - 2 = 8
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 3
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • Lizard Skin: 60% & 40% cover
  • Peccary Hide: 50% & 20% cover
  • Sheep Hide: 10% & 30% cover
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 2 lumps: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 18 ingots: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 16 ingots: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 4 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 13 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Soothe Leaves: 1 measures: (+Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Mend: 1 measure: (+Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
  • Soothe Flowers: 1 measure: (+Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis answers Quill, "No I would like that boat for our own use. Let us go to Marmeren." Nalvis leads the way to find the Orngaddrin leader and says to him, "We have some items that we found along the way here. Would your people be interested in trade? Also we wish to claim the boat that Quill left at the river. Can you hold these other prisoners until tomorrow to give us a good head start? Then we will go to Aikiku and tell her what has become of her son, but if we are welcome we wish to return here sometime."

Nalvis will keep the cleanser sword unless there is a better one for trade, and he wishes to trade for a shield.

Having seen the usefulness of a bow Mekric wants to trade for one if any are available. When the bow is not strung she will carry it like a staff.

Arbrine wants to know if any of the metals they collected can be fashioned into metal lined gloves for her hands. She asks the Orngaddin's opinion about how she can do this to improve the physical blows of her fists.

If the Orngaddrin are willing the three support the idea of keeping a record of credit for any other items the group is not using.


OOC: for trade, always keep one to help us find more: heartstone, zinc (17 ingots, ), iron (12 ingots), and tin (8 ingots if its worth a lot, but if its cheap then keep it all for ammo). Acquire for group in order of priority: 1. food if we need it, 2. since we're going to be on the river, fishing gear, 3. leather armor for Nalvis and Arbrine. If this requires a mercantile roll Mekric will make it: commercial: 69

 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Trade Negotiations

Nalvis answers Quill, "No I would like that boat for our own use. Let us go to Marmeren." Nalvis leads the way to find the Orngaddrin leader and says to him, "We have some items that we found along the way here. Would your people be interested in trade? Also we wish to claim the boat that Quill left at the river. Can you hold these other prisoners until tomorrow to give us a good head start? Then we will go to Aikiku and tell her what has become of her son, but if we are welcome we wish to return here sometime."
Elder Marmeren strokes his beard with his right hand. "That is a fine plan. We will gladly trade with you. You are welcome to come and go here as well as in the future and trade when you desire. We know you now. You are welcome here. When danger is not imminent, the gates remain open."
Kwargrow said:
Nalvis will keep the cleanser sword unless there is a better one for trade, and he wishes to trade for a shield. Having seen the usefulness of a bow, Mekric wants to trade for one if any are available. When the bow is not strung she will carry it like a staff. Arbrine wants to know if any of the metals they collected can be fashioned into metal lined gloves for her hands. She asks the Orngaddin's opinion about how she can do this to improve the physical blows of her fists. If the Orngaddrin are willing the three support the idea of keeping a record of credit for any other items the group is not using.
The Orngaddrin are willing to accept all items in trade except the stones. To them the stones are ornamental items but serve no real function. They are pleased to accept the collected skins, as these items are harder for them to acquire on their own, and even more especially the medicinal herbs, of which the party does not need to retain any to find more.

For the help against the invasion, the Orngaddrin are willing to offer a single item for each of the six regardless of its actual value. Nalvis finds that he is rather ill suited to the dancing sword. It seems to be made for someone who is of a much more dainty build. The Orngaddrin have a harnin (iron) axe which is much more to his liking that they will trade for the sword.
Nalvis is also given a banded buckler. Mekric is given a bow and 20 harnin tipped arrows. The bow is not as long as Renyaveer's, but then the Orngaddrin are not, as a lot, as tall. Renyaveer is given 20 harnin tipped arrows. The smith quickly fashions harnin tips for Quill's javelins. The smith listens to Arbrine's idea and looks at Rekyavik's harpoon.
"You need reinforced gauntlets. I can hammer out the small pieces to the measure of your hand and fit them to a glove, and I can make small spikes that protrude from the knuckles of the glove." He looks at Rekyavik. "I can also make a head like yours for that overgrown spear. You both will need to give me week to complete the items."

GM: Only Arbrine and Rekyavik are without their new items when the group leaves to return to the Village of the Marsh. Since Rekyavik, Renyaveer, and Quill already know how to sail, they easily control the boat with the flowing current and explain the workings and needs to the other three. On the return trip, one of the previously freed boats is discovered caught in some overhang. It is recovered and towed. Once the group arrives in the Village of the Marsh, they see that the other three boats had been recovered by those people, as expected.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Mekric: hurt: Body = 10 - 2 = 8
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 3
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 2 lumps: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: Each character receives 28 XP.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Once the group is in the village Nalvis will seek out Aikiku first and say, "We were able to reach the Orngaddrin village in time. We tried to reason with the leader of the Eastaboga soldiers. He would never give us his name, but he might be your son. There was a battle when these cleansers attacked the Orngaddrin without provocation. Eastaboga lost and several of the soldiers were captured, including the leader. He showed no remorse for the lives that he and his men destroyed and only spouted his insane doctrine at us. We decided he was to pay for the crimes committed against our family and friends, and for the lives of people we never met. We put him to death. The rest of the soldiers the Orngaddrin banished, sending them back to Eastaboga on foot. We will continue to travel together and investigate these dire events from Eastaboga, and we were hoping to be welcome to return here when we must."

Mekric will greet Aikiku and any others she remembers from before. During the trip she works with Veera to learn how to use her new bow.

Arbrine keeps to herself and watches for danger. There might be Eastaboga sympathizers in the village.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Back at the Village of the Marsh

Once the group is in the village Nalvis will seek out Aikiku first and say, "We were able to reach the Orngaddrin village in time..."
Aikiku listens to all solemnly. The expression on her face does not change. She offers everyone tea before she responds.
"I thank you for bringing me this news. When we recovered the run away boats, I took it as a good omen. It was my son. He chose his own path. He was not always such an insolent child. In the end, he killed his own father. There was then nothing of my son to remain. It was a stranger wearing my son's face. I do not fault you or the Orngaddrin for the death. The Orgaddrin are good people. We have traded with them, peaceably, for years. You six are our friends. You are welcome to come and go and trade with us as you like. I welcome the differences that differing peoples bring. I am not one to harbor the foolishness of prejudice.

I thank you for the gift of the boats. I am sure that you are responsible. Such gesture has earned good face with the people. You are welcome to stay in one of the cabins of the families that we lost, if you have no superstition against such. With two of you being Norikadian, if you fish the deep waters, we would gladly trade for sharkskin or the cold water lobsters
."

Kwargrow said:
Mekric will greet Aikiku and any others she remembers from before. During the trip she works with Veera to learn how to use her new bow.
Veera is more than happy to work with Mekric in developing her bow skill. She feels a natural kinship with their way of thinking despite their physical differences.

Kwargrow said:
Arbrine keeps to herself and watches for danger. There might be Eastaboga sympathizers in the village.
Even though she is Hebrian and Arbrine is not, Quill periodically tries to develop a closer friendship with her, though like Arbrine, she seems quite comfortable to spend much of her time alone. Unlike Arbrine, when the group is all together, Quill is much more talkative. Vik is the one who is quieter.

Quill mentions that the group might want to see about acquiring some fishing gear, since they now have a boat, maybe some reed traps.
GM: As is the nature of people, not everyone in town is friendly toward the six, but more seem to be so. Some of the people could harbor resentment, but they could also still be fearful of future reprisal from more Eastabin soldiers.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Mekric: hurt: Body = 10 - 2 = 8
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 3
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 2 lumps: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: If the party returns to the Orngaddrin village, Arbrine and Rekyavik's weapons should be complete.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
You are welcome to stay in one of the cabins of the families that we lost
Mekric says, "Let's clean our new home and decorate it to make it ours."

Nalvis says to the group, "After we are settled here, there was another village of mostly Hebrians that we have not visited. I would like to go there as well, meet the leaders there, and tell of the defeat of the Eastabin soldiers. From there we can return to the Orngaddrin and claim our new weapons."

Arbine says to Quill, "I sense that you and I are the strongest with our special gift. I look forward to exploring the upper levels of our strength with a peer."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
New Residence

Mekric says, "Let's clean our new home and decorate it to make it ours."
Vik, Veera, and Quill readily agree and start to work immediately.
GM: The cabin is on the inland side of the village at the northwestern most edge. It is comprised of three room, a main plus two smaller ones on each side. There is a covered porch on the front of the structure with the main entrance. There is another exit at the back of the main room that is covered with a draped fabric. It leads to a short path where the original occupants could relieve themselves in relative privacy.

Due to the normal standards of life within the culture of all six people, two rooms are considered adequate without generating any feelings of awkwardness. Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine take the room on the left, while Rekyavik, Renyaveer, and Quill take the room on the right.

Kwargrow said:
Nalvis says to the group, "After we are settled here, there was another village of mostly Hebrians that we have not visited. I would like to go there as well, meet the leaders there, and tell of the defeat of the Eastabin soldiers. From there we can return to the Orngaddrin and claim our new weapons."
Everyone agrees that that is a good idea.

Road6.jpg
GM: With the benefit of the boat, the six are able to sail upstream, reducing the trip to five days. During the travel, whoever is not actively manning the sail, is able to observe the local fauna and flora. Arbrine and Quill are not expected to take turns manning the sail. Instead they alternate manning the rudder.

The majority of the birds, insects, and lizards observed are not of a caliber to warrant any special consideration, but occasionally various river and marshland rodents are seen at the banks to be collected as food; and once during the trip, a small encampment of the sociopathic and often cannibalistic Graggorid is seen. A few stand and glare as the boat sails by, shouting threats.

Kwargrow said:
Arbine says to Quill, "I sense that you and I are the strongest with our special gift. I look forward to exploring the upper levels of our strength with a peer."
Quill smiles, "Oh good. It is comforting to know that we do not have to hide this talent among ourselves like we do in the villages. I am sure that we could determine more uses, working together."
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Mekric: hurt: Body = 10 - 2 = 8
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: hurt: Body = 10 - 1 = 9
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 3
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 2 lumps: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
OOC: The party may choose to deliberately engage the Graggorids, directly or discretely, by stating in a post; otherwise, the possible encounter is considered to have been ignored. In this game, random encounters are just that, completely random and are not designed to elicit mandatory action.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis sees the Graggorid and can not help but notice the comparisons between their faces and the one that he sees reflected in still water. They do not stop to engage the threats of the tribals so that maybe one day they can become something more. He says to the group, "Perhaps people like these are the examples used to push this 'cleansing' ideology."

Mekric says, "But the actions of those from Eastaboga under the sway of this Shon Yu defeat their own argument. If their point is that they have to protect themselves from the threats and aggression of other people, and then respond with threats and aggression, they have proven no better than anyone else. No matter how large a group, the choices of that group are made up of individual decisions. Most people follow a leader, even into harmful actions, because it is easier to follow along and cooperate than it is to struggle against violent opposition. Before long the decisions become a chain of thought that people feel invested in for their own security. If the group goes down, then they go down too. That's what happened in Eastaboga and in the same way in that Graggorid camp. Leadership helps the group along with one hand, and hampers with the other. If only there was some way to rotate leadership positions to new people. That way society would constantly learn from it's own mistakes instead of having to be forced into change." She rubs her chin as she thinks.

Arbrine exchanges a glance with Quill and replies, "Just let me know what to burn, and I'll do it." She gives a meaningful look to the Graggorid camp, holds up her hands, and manipulates Way to allow them to burst into flame, hopefully where the tribe can see it as they pass by. They continue on their way to the Right Branch Heights.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Heading to Right Branch Heights

Nalvis sees the Graggorid and can not help but notice the comparisons between their faces and the one that he sees reflected in still water. They do not stop to engage the threats of the tribals so that maybe one day they can become something more. He says to the group, "Perhaps people like these are the examples used to push this 'cleansing' ideology."
Vik nods at him, responding without having given it much thought. "I am not sure as to the reason, but that makes sense. They have no language an no social development. They move like bears or lions, hunting killing and eating."

Having considered his words a bit more Veera adds, "Your adoptive parents are evidence enough that people can advance beyond the violent stature of their birth. I suspect this Shon Yu has ulterior motives in his manipulation of those soldiers from Eastaboga."

Kwargrow said:
Mekric says, "But the actions of those from Eastaboga under the sway of this Shon Yu defeat their own argument. If their point is that they have to protect themselves from the threats and aggression of other people, and then respond with threats and aggression, they have proven no better than anyone else. No matter how large a group, the choices of that group are made up of individual decisions. Most people follow a leader, even into harmful actions, because it is easier to follow along and cooperate than it is to struggle against violent opposition. Before long the decisions become a chain of thought that people feel invested in for their own security. If the group goes down, then they go down too. That's what happened in Eastaboga and in the same way in that Graggorid camp. Leadership helps the group along with one hand, and hampers with the other. If only there was some way to rotate leadership positions to new people. That way society would constantly learn from it's own mistakes instead of having to be forced into change."She rubs her chin as she thinks.
Vik pauses to think and Veera nods vigorously at her words. "Exactly! Our people have a saying, which is why we pride ourselves on our lack of prejudice. It is that 'most accuse others of the evil they find in themselves'. These Eastabin soldiers have become the embodiment of the very malevolence they propose to eradicate."
Kwargrow said:
Arbrine exchanges a glance with Quill and replies, "Just let me know what to burn, and I'll do it." She gives a meaningful look to the Graggorid camp, holds up her hands, and manipulates Way to allow them to burst into flame, hopefully where the tribe can see it as they pass by. They continue on their way to the Right Branch Heights.
GM: A burst of flame erupts between Arbrine's hands. In a flash, it is gone. The threatening sounds and actions of those on the beach change dramatically at the sight. The Graggorid back away in fear, jabbering noises and making odd gestures in the air.

Quill giggles. "You are going to be a bad influence on me." She raises her right hand toward the beach as crackles of electricity dance between her fingers.
GM: The Graggorid panic and grab what little supplies they have, fleeing their encampment.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Right Branch Heights

Right Branch Heights has been built upon a largely cleared area on the right, or east, bank of the river. The village sprawls out along a sharp rocky rise and tapers downstream. The river itself is no longer navigable beyond the village as a significant falls splashes down the rocky incline.

Small fishing boats are tied to various mooring and only the smoke of what seems like cookfires wafts up from within the village. Archers draw bead from the docks and other strategic points, aiming arrows at the approaching boat. Seeing the vessel's mixed occupants and friendly disposition, the archers ease their bowstrings. An Hebrian man walk out on the central dock and gestures a greeting as the group's sailboat drifts close.
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: Group name: how about River Crew?


The River Crew are friendly and wave before mooring their boat at the dock. Nalvis steps up first and says, "Greetings. We are travelers from the sea shore, and we come here with peaceful intentions. We followed a group of Eastaboga soldiers to this river and we have come to tell your village that this group of people have been stopped at the Orngaddrin village. If you are open to trade and talk with strangers, we can come into your village and tell you all of the story."

Mekric and Arbrine will speak when it is polite, but keep their eyes on their surroundings. They are looking for any evidence that the teachings of Eastaboga have taken root here.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Re-Establishing Trade Routes

OOC: Group name: how about River Crew?

GM: I like it. Let's go with it.

The River Crew are friendly and wave before mooring their boat at the dock. Nalvis steps up first and says, "Greetings. We are travelers from the sea shore, and we come here with peaceful intentions. We followed a group of Eastaboga soldiers to this river and we have come to tell your village that this group of people have been stopped at the Orngaddrin village. If you are open to trade and talk with strangers, we can come into your village and tell you all of the story."
The man presses the palms of his hands together in front of himself and gives a slight bow. He speaks in Eastabin since he was addressed in such. "Welcome to Right Branch Heights. I see by the Norikadians with you, that you are from the rocky shores out on the point. With what has transpired here, I feared trade would be lost with you. We lit our signal fire after the soldiers left. It is good to hear of the Orngaddrin. I speak Norikadian as well if you would prefer. I have never before met a friendly Graggorid, and I have never before seen the likes of the dark little woman. You have a well mixed crew. It is good to see such harmony. Please disembark we will share tea and speak."

Vik responds in Eastabin as he disembarks to tie the vessel. "Thanks, we all speak Eastabin. It will be fine. It is the more common language of trade about the marsh and river folk."
Kwargrow said:
Mekric and Arbrine will speak when it is polite, but keep their eyes on their surroundings. They are looking for any evidence that the teachings of Eastaboga have taken root here.
GM: Most of the locals actually seemed relieved to see the river crew. It seems that whatever was driving the soldiers from Eastaboga, that contagion is not common to all of the Hebrian race, though quite a few openly gape at the little dark woman and the civil Graggorid. It appears these villagers are already used to the sight of Norikadians. Many of the people give friendly greeting, several of whom actually speak to Quill.

OOC: Arbrine is unaware of the actual name for her tribe, but she knows that she is Faethrin.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: I will name the leader of Right Branch Heights: Yannif


After their boat is secured, Nalvis and Mekric go with Yannif to have tea. They tell their story to him, up to and including the execution of the leader and their last trip from the marsh. Nalvis ends with, "We still have business with the Orngaddrin so we are travelling there next. Do you have any quests we could perform for you?"

Mekric says, "We will need a lot more experience to prevent further aggression from Eastaboga."

Arbrine explores the village with Quill, being friendly.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Yannif!?

OOC: ;).Yannif is a really strange name for a culture based on ancient Japan, but okay.

After their boat is secured, Nalvis and Mekric go with Yannif to have tea. They tell their story to him, up to and including the execution of the leader and their last trip from the marsh. Nalvis ends with, "We still have business with the Orngaddrin so we are travelling there next. Do you have any quests we could perform for you?"
Yannif sips his tea. "We lost the Norikadian and the Orngaddrin families that lived here. Their homes were torched by those soldiers proclaiming purity for the people of the river land. Very odd mentality, that. The emperor was rumored to have had a Spiofthest pillow mate. Something must have certainly changed in Eastaboga. If you know of or learn of and specifics, it would help my people to know."
He spins his bowl and takes another sip from his tea. "If more of your people are still out on the Rocky Shore, we will gladly continue to trade for sharkskin and whale fat. We can still offer your people lye and berries. Since you still have business with the Orgaddrin village, what news do you bring? Did they suffer loss?"

Mekric said:
"We will need a lot more experience to prevent further aggression from Eastaboga."
Yannif spins his bowl another quarter turn. "Yes, I am sure that would be wise. Much is left unknown in this situation."

Kwargrow said:
Arbrine explores the village with Quill, being friendly.
GM: The people of the Heights seem to be put at ease by the extreme difference in Arbrine's appearance rather than harboring some prejudice that would make them suspicious. Whatever development has promoted the Empire seat to send out soldiers it was not born of something natural within this tribe of people. Arbrine and Quill see the two homes that were destroyed by the soldiers, but villagers are working to clean up the remains. They learn that the victims have already been given last rites.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis says, "The Orngaddrin did well in the fight against the Eastabin cleansers. We assisted as much as we could, but it was really their fantastic machines that won the day. The Orngaddrin are a noble people and convinced us to set the Eastabin prisoners free, minus their leader, to tell their tale of defeat to their city. We have yet to travel to Eastaboga but we were able to extract some information from the cleanser leader before he was executed. Apparently there is a new ruler named Shon Yu in Eastaboga, and he is the one pushing this ridiculous purity agenda. We are not planning on going back to pedestrian lives, so we will not be trading in regular goods, but if you have any items you require that we might come across in our travels we will trade with you. The Orngaddrin were crafting some items for us, so if there's nothing else we will depart."

Mekric adds, "We have been given a house in Marsh village so if you need to find us, leave word there."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Heights

Nalvis says, "The Orngaddrin did well in the fight against the Eastabin cleansers. We assisted as much as we could, but it was really their fantastic machines that won the day. The Orngaddrin are a noble people and convinced us to set the Eastabin prisoners free, minus their leader, to tell their tale of defeat to their city. We have yet to travel to Eastaboga but we were able to extract some information from the cleanser leader before he was executed. Apparently there is a new ruler named Shon Yu in Eastaboga, and he is the one pushing this ridiculous purity agenda. We are not planning on going back to pedestrian lives, so we will not be trading in regular goods, but if you have any items you require that we might come across in our travels we will trade with you. The Orngaddrin were crafting some items for us, so if there's nothing else we will depart."

Yannif listens intently and waits to respond. "Catapults, the Orngaddrin call them. Interesting concept, I am glad to hear they performed well. Shon Yu is not a name that I know. The Emperor is called Tau Ming. He alone rules the city. If someone else is giving orders, then something has happened to the Emperor, which would be bad to know. He is a good ruler, kind and fair. His son would not have done this either. This is all very foreboding."

Kwargrow said:
Mekric adds, "We have been given a house in Marsh village so if you need to find us, leave word there."
Yannif nods and smiles. "Ah, this is good. I will do so. How shall I ask after you?"

Vik answers, proudly, "Just call us the River Crew."
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
harnin arrows: 20
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Animals:
  • nothing at this time
Minerals:
  • Slate: 1 rock: (sound x2)
  • Flint: 1 rock: (heat x2)
  • Heartstone: 1 stones: {+ Confluence}
  • Coal: 1 lump: (Heat x3)
  • Lodestone: 1 stone: (Shock x3)
  • Slickstone: 1 stone: (-Heat x3)
  • Yellow rock (Sulfur): 1 lump: ?
  • bluish rock (Waterstone): 1 stone: ?
Ores:
  • Zinc: 1 ingot: {+ Health} (+Body x2)
  • Tin: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (-Mind x2)
  • Lead: 1 ingots: (-Body x2)
  • Iron: 1 ingots: {+ Confluence} (+Body x2)
  • Copper: 1 ingot: {+ Persona} (Shock x2)
  • dark metal (Nickel): 1 ingot: ?
  • heavy metal (Manganese): 1 ingot: ?
  • yellowish metal (Molybdenum): 1 ingot: ?
  • dark metal (Palladium): 1 ingot: ?
Plants:
  • Muddle Leaves: 4 measures: (-Mind x2)
  • Rend Leaves: 1 measure: (-Body x2)
  • Muddle Flowers: 1 measure: (-Mind x3)
.[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
The emperor was rumored to have had a Spiofthest pillow mate
If someone else is giving orders, then something has happened to the Emperor
Nalvis shrugged, "I don't really know what its like to have an emperor."

Mekric nodded, "The purist leader repeated the same phrases over and over. One of them was a reference to ending geriatric leadership, and then putting a foreign concubine and his defiled seed out to sea. Possibly his pillow-mate, as you call it, became pregnant by the emperor and this is what caused Shon Yu and his followers to rebel. Whatever the reason, we find it abhorrent. Are there any other communities along the river that you know about?"

Once the River Crew has finished talking with Yannif they will collect Quill and Arbrine and sail to the Orngaddrin village.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top