The Troubadour's Travels (IC)

Ilja

First Post
As you leave the small hamlet of Werja, you savor the smell and sound of the early morning. It’s late summer, and the birdsong is only half as intensive as merely a month ago. The air is quite sharp, and you realize this might be the last week before Frostnight. The peasants are already out tending to their harvest, which has been generous this year, and you see a cow chewing on the hay roof of a shed while a farmer makes a futile attempt to stop it. As you cross a stream, you think about the mission at hand.

This was not what you thought you’d do when confirming your interest to the red-cloaked man that hired you. Not only are you going after a poet of all things, it seems that several other groups have interest in him too. Your employer seemed more than a bit disturbed when he gave you the assignment, and didn’t even haggle for your price – not a low one either, thirty silver in your purses now and an additional seventy when the troubadour is found. You’re traveling towards Firina, a larger town and a coastal one at that. If the poet’s been in Firina, you will surely find out about it, and if he’s heading north you’ll have easy access to a ship.

You go through the orders again in your head, remembering the mans stern voice. He had the piercing gaze of a veteran warrior, possibly nobled, but you still had no idea of who he was.
"So, as I said, find the poet, try to find out why he's chased, and bring him to Firina. Don't hurt him. Should he be dead when you find him, bring his corpse and any belongings. In Firina, you will meet with a man called Creukar. He will stay at the Mossy Rock inn, but won't arrive there in about a week. He will give you the rest of your award."

As you enter another tiny hamlet, you see a group of people gathered out on a field. They shout and gesture, but it’s quite far and you can’t directly determine what the occasion is. What do you want to do?

OOC: I need spot and listen checks from all that try to see what’s happening at the field. Feel free to socialize a bit at first, you’re far from the field and have time for some IC chat.

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Kareus (Human, Warblade)

The young warrior is only too happy to be on the road once again. Easily bored, Kareus is eager to find an adrenaline outlet other than guarding overloaded wagons of grain or pilgrims seeking a safe route on their spiritual journeys.
The purpose of the mission seem not to disturb him at all. Find the bard, Bring him to his employer. Get well rewarded for it too! He comes out of his reverie when he hears the commotion in the village ahead. He can barely make out what the noise is about, but his keen eyes tell him a bit more as he gazes ahead to see what all the fuss is about.

[sblock]Spot: 18 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2234761/
Listen: 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2234764/
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Toptomcat

First Post
Lucas' bushy eyebrows dissapear into his unruly mop of hair as he views the confrontation in the distance. He breaks into a jog as he surveys the group.
"Looks like trouble. Not that there ought to be much out here in the sticks that could spell trouble for a group like this- but who knows? We knew this job was screwy when we took it anyway."

[sblock]Spot, Listen (1d20+2=16, 1d20+2=12)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ilja

First Post
[sblock=Spot DC 15] There is about fifteen people on the field, shouting and holding what seems to be a long rope. It doesn't seem to be a battle of any sort, at least not yet, but everyone seems very upset.[/sblock]
[sblock=Listen DC 15] You hear some words being shouted, including a chant of "Pull, pull, pull". They seem to be engaged in some kind of confrontation, though there's no sound of of actual battle.[/sblock]
[sblock=Both checks over 15] The people ahead seem to be engaged in some kind of pulling contest, like a tug of war or something similiar.[/sblock]

EDIT:
[sblock=OOC]
I won't start the interaction with the villagers before Theroc and Seph has joined.[/sblock]

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Kareus

Kareus walks casually to what appears to be some kind of friendly contest between two groups. He folds his arms across his chest and stares at the teams once he reaches within a few yards of the contest.

Theroc

First Post
Aliandrys walked alongside her companions, her eyes and ears focusing on the sight as they walked, one hand moving halfway to her bow, should things become hostile. After all, the advantage of the bow was range. What good was a bow if you waited until your prey was upon you?

Unfortunately, for all her training int attuned herself to the wilderness, she couldn't make out anything. Seems she'd need to work on honing her senses in the future.

[sblock=OOC]
Spot/Listen
1d20+3=13, 1d20+3=9 [/sblock]

Ilja

First Post
When you get closer you see that two groups of peasants have gathered, seemingly preparing for a tug of war. It is quite common practice to solve disputes between families by having one of these, and when you close a farmer notice you and cries:
“Oi, warriors! Wanna give a hand withe rope?”
Both groups move towards you quickly, shouting and asking you to help their side.

wysiwyg

First Post
Kareus finds it humorous that disputes are sorted by tugging a string. Then again, he sadly reflects on his own nature – am I any better? Does my sword serve the right cause any differently? Here I am searching for a man whom I know nothing about, and I shall bring him back even if it comes to...I’d rather not think about it. But it would seem that might makes right is the nature of how most problems are ‘solved’. At least let me find out where to side myself here.
Kareus address both groups – “Before I join this fine family gathering might I enquire as to the nature of your differences?”

Toptomcat

First Post
Lucas grins at the high spirits on display, and stretches as he anticipates giving a hand- then pauses as the two sides erupt into cries for them to help one side or another, frowning slightly and holding a broad hand up to silence the clamoring peasents [or at least bring things down to a dull roar.]

"If you're just enjoying yourselves, then sure, I'll pitch in- but if you're resolving something serious, do it yourselves. Then we can all go at it once you've settled your differences."

No sense in making enemies here.

Theroc

First Post
Aliandrys' hand lowered to her side, so as not to appear hostile as the scene proved peaceful, for now anyway. As both sides clamoured, she heard her compatriots make two differing decisions.

"I'd need to agree with my compatriots here. If it's for sheer pleasure, then I will happily take a side without issue. If this is a method of arbitration, then I need to know the story and details behind the dispute... if I must take a side."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases