D&D General The Venn Diagram of D&D and Magic: the Gathering Players

Which statement best describes your Wizards of the Coast relationship?

• I only play D&D.

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • I play D&D mostly, but I play a bit of M:tG also.

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • I play both D&D and M:tG regularly.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I mostly play M:tG, but I play a bit of D&D also.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I only play M:tG.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't regularly play either of these games.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I play D&D now, but I used to play a lot of M:tG

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • I play M:tG now, but I used to play a lot of D&D

Votes: 1 0.7%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Props for the foresight to know that someone somehow on this DnD Board would complain about your lack of an option that they only play M:tG.
I learned this the hard way. There's a small handful of ENWorld members who will never respond to any poll, except to say they can't respond because their specific option isn't shown, or isn't worded Just So. They are as predictable as Modrons.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I play D&D regularly and would play Magic more regularly if I could find some casual players to play against like we used to to back in college. Tournaments and always having to stay abreast of the new thing holds no interest for me. I own enough cards to make hundreds of different kinds of decks without ever buying any more. In fact, as a rule I never use any cards using the (still) "new" (to me) look/format, and haven't bought any post-2003 cards (and still own all my old cards - except for some duplicate dual lands I sold for some needed scrilla during grad school).

Cruentus

Adventurer
I've played DnD for 40 years or so, and played MTG back in the Mirage and Ice Age eras. I haven't played Magic since then. So my answer would be "I play DnD, but played magic a long time ago".

I like the Magic Crossovers, and have been eyeing some sort of Innistrad game for awhile now.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Putting this into the D&D forum might skew things... a little.

I know that's an extreme stance to take. But asking people who hang out specifically on a D&D forum if they only play Magic the Gathering and not D&D is -probably- gonna be slightly biased.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Played D&D all the way through, used to play M:tG quite a lot but got out years ago, and recently sold off all my cards.

Remove ads