The Worship Points System

Status
Not open for further replies.

S'mon

Legend
Frankly, for an ebook I would rather have unillustrated than illustrated, full stop. Illustrations are fine for harccopy, but if I'm going to print it out I don't want to have to pay £25 for a new colour cartridge for my printer! And they don't last long, either, probably more than $5 of colour ink would be used printing out the one book. I say release it ASAP as unillustrated .pdf ($10 seems quite cheap BTW - maybe $12? - if it's still 272 pages), then do a nice illustrated hardcover with errata.

S'mon

Legend
S'mon said:
($10 seems quite cheap BTW - maybe $12? - if it's still 272 pages), then do a nice illustrated hardcover with errata.

The publisher should be paying you at least 50% of the ebook price of course - after all they do bugger all apart from advertising and payment processing! :)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
In this case I prefer unillustrated first. With pdf's, art is nice, but not the reason I buy them for.

Um, and what comes to companies selling pdf-files, I hate this:

"ATTENTION RPGSHOP.COM CUSTOMERS:
We will not take any overseas orders without a scan copy of your credit card and ID emailed to us."

Because, since I don't have my own credit card, and my friend's dad uses his for me, this kind of complicates ordering too much. Doh, anyone of you know where I could get "Wild Spellcraft" without this limitation?

Then one other question. What you think would be right avarage hit dice/levels to potray true form of gods in different power-levels?

Also, what would be avarage stat-level for different god-types.

My interst lies mostly now on level from demi-god to greater god.

kolvar

First Post
@Zelda: well, I am overseer, as you now, and I never send them anything. Got 3 downloads so far without problems (well got problems with the last, but that was because of Netscape 6).

poilbrun

Explorer
Zelda> Can't you use Paypal? It works great for me, I just had the troubles of registering with Paypal and now everything runs smooth with rpgnow...

Hi Lord Talos mate! :)

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
So Talos and Malar can`t have Druids due to WPS rules?

A deity can either have their clergy be clerics or druids - not both.

Both Talos and Malar definately have clerics. However, that wouldn't stop them multi-classing as Druids perhaps; but they wouldn't receive their druidic spells from the above gods.

Any remote druidical influence I would expect to be covered in (speciality priest based) Prestige Classes of the faith. I am sure we will see Prestige Classes for both Malar and Talos in Faiths & Pantheons.

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
I have something tricky for you: try to atribute portfolios to very broad Racial Gods in PHB, especially Larethian and Moradin!

Corellon Larethian: Magic + War
Moradin: Craft + Earth (aspect of Mountain)

Hi S'mon! :)

S'mon said:
Frankly, for an ebook I would rather have unillustrated than illustrated, full stop.

Noted.

S'mon said:
Illustrations are fine for harccopy, but if I'm going to print it out I don't want to have to pay £25 for a new colour cartridge for my printer! And they don't last long, either, probably more than $5 of colour ink would be used printing out the one book.

I agree an illustrated version would make a dent into your printers ink.

S'mon said:
I say release it ASAP as unillustrated .pdf ($10 seems quite cheap BTW - maybe $12? - if it's still 272 pages).

If we balanced the price to other .pdfs it would be $20+, that said obviously no one would buy a single .pdf at that price.

S'mon said:
then do a nice illustrated hardcover with errata.

ERRATA! We don't need no steeenking errata! :D

S'mon said:
The publisher should be paying you at least 50% of the ebook price of course - after all they do bugger all apart from advertising and payment processing!

I think there is slightly more to it than that (turning the document into a .pdf) - but I am sure we will come to a good agreement.

Hi Zelda mate! :)

Zelda Themelin said:
In this case I prefer unillustrated first. With pdf's, art is nice, but not the reason I buy them for.

Noted.

Zelda Themelin said:
Um, and what comes to companies selling pdf-files, I hate this:

"ATTENTION RPGSHOP.COM CUSTOMERS:
We will not take any overseas orders without a scan copy of your credit card and ID emailed to us."

Because, since I don't have my own credit card, and my friend's dad uses his for me, this kind of complicates ordering too much.

I didn't know that...if fact I know someone to talk to about this - I'll get back to you on this point mate!

Zelda Themelin said:
Doh, anyone of you know where I could get "Wild Spellcraft" without this limitation?

Wild Spellcraft is being published later in the year by Mystic Eye Games (it said so on the ENWorld news page a day or two ago)

Zelda Themelin said:
Then one other question. What you think would be right avarage hit dice/levels to portray true form of gods in different power-levels?

Well under my auspices deities are: Levels/Hit Dice + Divinity Template + Portfolio Template(s).

I would simply determine average levels to be equidistant between each subsequent 'minimum' levels.

eg. Minimum levels for Demigods is 40th, minimum levels for Lesser Gods is 60th-level; therefore the average/typical demigod can be assumed to have 50 HD/Levels etc.

Minimum HD/Levels advance as follows:

Quasi-deity: 20th
Hero-deity: 30th
Demigod: 40th
Lesser God: 60th
Intermediate God: 80th
Greater God: 120th
Elder God: 160th
Overgod: 240th
Entity: 320th
Time Lord: 480th*

*;)

I believe if WotC don't use this scale then their rules may be unbalanced. My reasoning is that anything less will be irrelevant and anything more will place each level too far beyond the previous level to be challenged by it - therefore making interaction arbitrary.

So the above scale is the logical choice. That, coupled with my revised rules for Challenge Ratings above 20

However, its possible that they (WotC) may elevate Quasi-deity to 30th-level, or possibly even combine Quasi/Hero-deity as the same thing. Either would certainly be plausible, its not where you start on the scale its the scale itself. That said I devised it with Quasi-deity at 20th-level to promote interaction between mortals and immortals. So I stand by that as the best choice.

Zelda Themelin said:
Also, what would be avarage stat-level for different god-types.

My interst lies mostly now on level from demi-god to greater god.

Stats are never going to behave exactly the way you want them to, but I anticipate they are roughly comparable to divine minimum levels AT -1 RANK.

eg. Demigod Minimum Level is 40. So typical Average Lesser God ability scores will be about 40.

Typical Ability Score Average:

Demigod: 30
Lesser God: 40
Intermediate God: 60
Greater God: 80
etc.

Hi there kolvar! :)

kolvar said:
I am all for a text-only version.

Thanks!

kolvar said:
Suggestion: open a polling-thread.

I agree.

I'll put a link to it here when I have it up (and vice versa). ;)

Also I may start a new thread soon - using the books new title - with an updated preview and chapter list.

Though I am reticent to consign this thread to oblivion. I am very proud of the interest people have shown the topic, the response to this thread within just a few short weeks has surprised even me. A great testament to the idea itself.

Thanks all! :)

Yours sincerely - U_K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads