Vecna: Eve of Ruin Platinum Edition

D&D 5E There's A Platinum Vecna: Eve of Ruin From Beadle & Grimm This Summer

I bought the Shattered Obelisk box and it was fully loaded with beautiful maps, DM tools like creature cards you can drape on the DM screen, the whole adventure being separated into booklets and even bonus adventure material, and don't forget the sweet sweet mind flayer minis. It was expensive but it's been fun running it. Sadly I'll have to pass on this one since I anticipate it will be over 400 usd (and my recent mini addiction has drained some play money). I'm excited to see what's inside this one though.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
We've reached peak useless chackies when the ad-copy is:

Matthew Lillard:"Hey guys you can pre-order this soon"

Us: "What's in the box?"

Matthew Lillard: "We don't know!"
You mean tchotchkes, right? BTW I had a good chuckle and agree.

Edit: Doh, did a search and noted that there are other spellings of that. I Googled it because I started to wonder if it wasn't some other internet slang term that I wasn't up on. New words, acronyms and slang these days crop up faster than I can keep up with. heh.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I bought the Shattered Obelisk box and it was fully loaded with beautiful maps, DM tools like creature cards you can drape on the DM screen, the whole adventure being separated into booklets and even bonus adventure material, and don't forget the sweet sweet mind flayer minis. It was expensive but it's been fun running it. Sadly I'll have to pass on this one since I anticipate it will be over 400 usd (and my recent mini addiction has drained some play money). I'm excited to see what's inside this one though.
The Shattered Obelisk is the latest one I’ve purchased and hope to use it a for a new group of players.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I have a three B&G sets, only 1 platinum which is Descent into Avernus which I ran 2 years ago. It's pretty spectacular. The box itself is a work of art, emblazoned with a heavy metallic soul coin. My group loved it. The map tube was impressive, tons of maps.
I am tempted to wait till reviews are in, but the platinums get a limited run.

Last edited:

It is a platinum edition, limited production set - when it is sold out, no more will ever be produced. So what's actually in the box? FOMO.
We've reached peak useless chackies when the ad-copy is:

Matthew Lillard:"Hey guys you can pre-order this soon"

Us: "What's in the box?"

Matthew Lillard: "We don't know!"
I think you are missing the whole point. It is a platinum edition, limited production set - when it is sold out, no more will ever be produced. So what's actually in the box? FOMO.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
It is a platinum edition, limited production set - when it is sold out, no more will ever be produced. So what's actually in the box? FOMO.

I think you are missing the whole point. It is a platinum edition, limited production set - when it is sold out, no more will ever be produced. So what's actually in the box? FOMO.
not quite. I wonder if you own a platinum edition of B&G. I don't think you'd say that if you did.

Remove ads