• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) They butchered the warlock in the new packet

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Do rogues have anything at all on a short rest?
I don’t think so. Not in the base class, at least, though there may be something in a subclass somewhere. Rogues’ resource management is generally action-economy-based rather than rest-based.

mamba

Legend
Long rest is also a pacing mechanic, pal.
I am aware, the more granular that mechanic is, the worse it is. You need some kind of pacing / rests however, and per day to me is much more natural than per encounter and therefore being able to have 20 encounters in a day without breaking a sweat if everything were on a per encounter basis

Per long rest is simpler, more flexible (on a encounter basis), more natural / less game-y, makes for actual decisions, just all around better to me.

Last edited:

Incenjucar

Legend
I am aware, the more granular that mechanic is, the worse it is. You need some kind of pacing / rests however, and per day to me is much more natural than per encounter and therefore being able to have 20 encounters in a day without breaking a sweat if everything were on a per encounter basis

Per long rest is simpler, more flexible (on a encounter basis), more natural / less game-y, makes for actual decisions, just all around better to me.
It makes it into Final Fantasy.

Remove ads