This Year's Diana Jones Award Winner Is Ajit George!

The Diana Jones Award is presented each year at Gen Con to just one winner, out of a shortlist.

Named after the Indiana Jones RPG, the burned remains of which are encased in the trophy (leaving just the words 'Diana Jones' visible), the award rewards 'excellence in gaming', and can go to anyone or anything -- a person, a product, a convention, a movement (a couple of years ago it went to the concept of Actual Play).

Ajit George tweeted "Wow. It is hard to describe how I feel about winning the Diana Jones Award, particularly for the reasons I was nominated. It means a tremendous amount to me--the feeling of being seen and acknowledged*--especially for something so core to my values."

dja.jpeg

The finalists this year were:
  • Across RPGSEA -- a website and newsletter promoting Southeast Asian games
  • Ajit George -- an activist advocating for a more representative hobby games industry
  • Haunted West -- an epic weird west RPG with a focus on marginalized people
  • Mothership -- a stunning space horror RPG fueled by its community of contributors
The winner, Ajit George, won for their advocacy in representation. George is also one of the co-lead designers for WotC's recent Journeys Through The Radiant Citadel.

The actual trophy was lost a couple of years ago. There's a new trophy this year!

t2.jpeg

Last edited:

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases