• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tiefling preview!

bogmad

First Post
I'm disappointed, sure, but not despondent.

It's totally possible they're just trying to lock down what the "core" tiefling looks like for branding purposes, but will release possible subraces and alterations with upcoming splat and campaign guides.

Same way a Dark Sun book would presumably have sections detailing what makes a cannibalistic DS halfling from a core Lightfoot, bald dwarves, etc, they could be saving the "Planescape" tiefling for a later book with extra fluff and subraces.

bogmad

First Post
And I actually prefer the art style! I'd much rather see brushstrokes and a painted quality before the kind of art that people complained about in 4e

The tail also looks HUGE. This was a big problem with 4e tiefling art where they often got these massive unwieldy tails that would weigh two-dozen kilos.

Halivar

First Post
It's just the first page. There's always a chance they can have options. TBH, I would prefer the PS tiefling be in an actual PS supplement next to the aasimar.

Dungeoneer

First Post
Actually, those horns are WAY scaled back from the horns of the 4e tiefling, which were straight outta Hellboy.

I'm not familiar with Planescape tieflings other than the fact that they had smaller horns and were generally tailless. I gotta say, I prefer that option, but it's trivial to re-fluff it.

The idea that people with horns have devil's blood seems non-controversial to me, but I never played 2e.

Remove ads