TITANSGRAVE Launches!

Wil Wheaton's new RPG web show, Titansgrave, has launched. Based on Green Ronin's upcoming Fantasy AGE roleplaying game, it features Wil Wheaton as the GM running a group of celebrity players (Hank Green, Alison Haislip, Yuri Lowenthal, and Laura Bailey) through an adventure set in his own created setting, Titansgrave: Ashes of Valkana. The show will be running every Tuesday up until Gen Con (late July).

Wil Wheaton's new RPG web show, Titansgrave, has launched. Based on Green Ronin's upcoming Fantasy AGE roleplaying game, it features Wil Wheaton as the GM running a group of celebrity players (Hank Green, Alison Haislip, Yuri Lowenthal, and Laura Bailey) through an adventure set in his own created setting, Titansgrave: Ashes of Valkana. The show will be running every Tuesday up until Gen Con (late July).

Titansgrave-Episode0b.png

Watch Chapter 0 here, where Wil introduces the concept of a roleplaying game and describes the setting in a 20-minute video. "Join Wil Wheaton, Hank Green, Alison Haislip, Yuri Lowenthal, and Laura Bailey for an overview of the world of Valkana! Titansgrave: Chapter 0 is an introduction to the basics of role-playing games, the Fantasy AGE system, and the characters and lore that make up the world of Valkana. Whether you’re a seasoned RPG player or newcomer to tabletop games in general, don’t miss the prologue to Titansgrave: Ashes of Valkana!"

Chapter 1 has also been released. This one is a 40-minute video. "Join Aankia (Hank Green), Kiliel (Alison Haislip), Lemley (Laura Bailey), and S’Lethkk (Yuri Lowenthal) in the first installment of Titansgrave: Ashes of Valkana. Under the recommendation of Gurlock the Beer Baron, the party ventures off to Nestora, where they find themselves swept up in a festival of sorts called the Battle of the Boasts. Adventure, excitement, and free beer await our heroes, but the good times only last for so long…"

Veander

First Post
Screw the naysayers. Bunch of RPG snobbery. I enjoyed it, and if it gets more people playing RPGs, then I say more!
Yeah at the end of the day this is really just good stuff that's popular on YouTube (well tomorrow). I wish more celebrity gamers used their fame to help promote this hobby like Wheaton does.

Anthony Terry

First Post
Yeah at the end of the day this is really just good stuff that's popular on YouTube (well tomorrow). I wish more celebrity gamers used their fame to help promote this hobby like Wheaton does.

But this is the problem I have with it more than anything. At what point is he promoting anything but him self in an attempt to use a slight career rival of the bag of big bang theory to push his setting and him self for over 50% of the video (granted hes a gm but like episode 0 was.............). If he could actually get a paying job in acting he wouldn't be doing it, these comments are a bit personal I don't know the guy and their made with no real venom I just find it annoying hes getting credit for something thats nothing but self promotion?

I'm sure someone will correct me on this but i wont ever believe him, there's a reason hes promoting that particular system for example and its not personal preference.. The use of actors that I'm sure have some made up link to gaming instead of aproaching people in the industry with ability to actually help him bring the setting to life and not just look good on camera? Harder to achieve granted but if he did that then he would of made an RPG, an actual RPG watchable.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
But this is the problem I have with it more than anything. At what point is he promoting anything but him self in an attempt to use a slight career rival of the bag of big bang theory to push his setting and him self for over 50% of the video (granted hes a gm but like episode 0 was.............). If he could actually get a paying job in acting he wouldn't be doing it, these comments are a bit personal I don't know the guy and their made with no real venom I just find it annoying hes getting credit for something thats nothing but self promotion?

I'm sure someone will correct me on this but i wont ever believe him, there's a reason hes promoting that particular system for example and its not personal preference.. The use of actors that I'm sure have some made up link to gaming instead of aproaching people in the industry with ability to actually help him bring the setting to life and not just look good on camera? Harder to achieve granted but if he did that then he would of made an RPG, an actual RPG watchable.

So don't watch it. But you're being pretty obnoxious.

Anthony Terry

First Post
So don't watch it. But you're being pretty obnoxious.

I say it with no real arrogance but i am not being pretty obnoxious, i am very obnoxious. But I would also like to be proven wrong and brought into the art and the hype behind this despite my very clear dislike of Will and was very disappointed, and like most obnoxious people am also very spoilt and don't handle disappointment well.

Despite my words i would like greatly to be proven wrong because like I said I brought the hype and don't like to be in my mind at least wrong, again spoilt behavior. I just don't in any way see how he achieved what some are giving him credit for and so far no words here convince me otherwise, they do however further increase my already firm grip of my hardly that unbearable short-Cummings in life. I'm really not that bad once you get past the fact everything is the end of the world for me.

lyle.spade

Adventurer

I don't think promoting a project or product on which you've worked is self-promotion - I think it'd be more appropriately dubbed "an attempt at commerce or sales," with which there is nothing wrong. I've played Dragon Age once, for a short session, and so this series might help me see how AGE works. I think his world has merit - it's interesting - and so what's wrong with him promoting it?

I agree with another's comment: just don't watch it.

Geez...cranky gamers!

Veander

First Post
Well it's a fair viewpoint albeit a real Devil's Advocate. Trolling is one thing and debating is another. I think Wil really does want people to game more and that's why he does this. He certainly can't be doing Geek & Sundry for the money. From what he and Felicia Day have said, it's not much of a cash cow, but I'm no authority on that.

In any event, I actually have high hopes for this project. I was originally hoping for this to be Aquisitions Incorporated, Wil Wheaton Version. So far it appears to be just that. :)

Since I was the first to post in not liking either episodes to this thread I wanted to follow up-

I decided to watch it again, this time with my gaming group, I didn't tell them my thoughts on it, just let both episodes play. I realized my expectations were VERY high when I watched it the first time alone, I got some enjoyment the second time around. I was able to relate our own gaming styles or stories as we watched Wil and his crew. I went from not liking it to luke warm and with the potential to like it as more episodes come about.

I did ask my group their thoughts- They had fun watching it. Look forward to see more episodes.
They also wished they got regular looking players, not actor/models to play. To be fair, Wil is in California and has actor friends. The two Voice actors weren't voice acting, they were "themselves" was another comment.

I think they probably are still trying to get their bearings on who they are, it was only the first episode.

Last thing mentioned, I actually brought it up and my group agreed. It would be nice if for the Tests (or DCs), Wil show us the target market/goal. It would be good for the audience to know what was needed to succeed, the one guy rolled a 13 when he danced in the club and had everyone cheering and going crazy. So did he only need to roll a 5? Just would be nice to get a reference point.

So, with a second look and less expectations, it was fun. Still don't like the setting but that's my hang up, hoping to see the series evolve more and more with each episode.

I would like to add, not everyone is going to like everything, I find it interesting how one becomes an "RPG snobs/cranky gamer" if they don't think the first two episodes are Epic. They weren't Epic to me, if you think they were, fine. It's the internet, everyone has opinions on what they like.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would like to add, not everyone is going to like everything, I find it interesting how one becomes an "RPG snobs/cranky gamer" if they don't think the first two episodes are Epic. They weren't Epic to me, if you think they were, fine. It's the internet, everyone has opinions on what they like.

It's the delivery, not the opinion. Folks can like or dislike anything they want. They just need to do so politely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony Terry

First Post
It's the delivery, not the opinion. Folks can like or dislike anything they want. They just need to do so politely.

I am a very argumentative person who if i know i'm annoying you will keep on doing it for the sake of it at times. I doubt its actually made any effect on your life but your more than right, there is a way of saying something and apologies if the way i said anything to you caused any offence, It wasnt meant too I just feel pointlessly strongly about titansgrave and take things far too personally.

I have very fond memories and learnt allot about how to deal with people around the table in the brief time i got to play in your burning of the sun campaign Russ and would quite genuinely would be sad to have you think poorly of me, as i wasn't lying when i earlier mentioned valuing your opinion quite highly when it comes to anything RPG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads