• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Too much of a good thing

The biggest problem I've found with 3E is there just isn't enough time to play all the cool character combos available. There are too many sources and choices. My DM just can't work through campaigns quick enough to allow us to play all the things we're interested in.

Any one else have this problem?

your_mother

Explorer
PRoblems

I haven't encountered that problem. Maybe your DM isn't making the game fatal enough. Perhaps if he killed of a character every game or so, you'd have new opportunities to create replacements and experiment, etc.

tarsque

First Post
I know what you mean. I used to come up with countless character ideas that I wanted to play but never got to use them.

So what did I do?

I started DMing. Now I can make all the characters I want :)

Galfridus

First Post
tarsque said:
I know what you mean. I used to come up with countless character ideas that I wanted to play but never got to use them.

So what did I do?

I started DMing. Now I can make all the characters I want :)

Yeah, and you get to give them all the best magic items too!

KidCthulhu

First Post
Try writing adventures for and playing in games at conventions. Gives you a great chance to try new things. With pre-generated character events like those run by the RPGA, you get great improv role playing practice. RPGA's Living Greyhawk setting, or any 'bring your own character' game at a con will give you the chance to try out new class combinations, personalities and abilities.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I run a main vcampaing and do many side one-shot adventures with new charaters, to give players with wanderlust a chance for a new experience.

Remove ads