D&D 5E Tracy & Laura Hickman Announce Skyraiders of Abarax

Tracy and Laura Hickman, known for the Dragonlance setting and the original Ravenloft module, have announced a D&D 5E setting called Skyraiders of Abarax. It will be coming to Kickstarter this fall. There's not much more information yet, other than a mailing list for updates and a single (stunning) art piece. Their Facebook page actually says "AD&D 5E", rather than "D&D 5E", although I'm not...

Tracy and Laura Hickman, known for the Dragonlance setting and the original Ravenloft module, have announced a D&D 5E setting called Skyraiders of Abarax. It will be coming to Kickstarter this fall. There's not much more information yet, other than a mailing list for updates and a single (stunning) art piece.

Their Facebook page actually says "AD&D 5E", rather than "D&D 5E", although I'm not sure whether that's significant.

"Tracy & Laura Hickman's first adventure world since Dragonlance ... coming to AD&D 5E through Kickstarter this fall! Join us in the creation of Sky-high Fantasy discovered through magical books brought to life our unique 'Living Tome System'."

sky.jpg

There's also a couple of other art pieces floating about on social media.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Lovely looking project! But for the life of me, I'm not parsing this sentence:

"On dragon’s sylph to find our lost way back
To that mythic place called home."

Probably just a brain hiccup, but I can't figure out what "on dragon's sylph" means here.

Samurai

Adventurer
What is a "Dragon's sylph?" Google says it's either an imaginary spirit of the air (Sylphs are a fae creature in D&D) or a green and blue humming bird. Neither of those would seem to belong to a dragon or be able to carry a crew of air-pirates/adventurers.

pukunui

Legend
Lovely looking project! But for the life of me, I'm not parsing this sentence:

"On dragon’s sylph to find our lost way back
To that mythic place called home."

Probably just a brain hiccup, but I can't figure out what "on dragon's sylph" means here.
Not only that, but "lost" feels redundant. If the way back wasn't lost, they wouldn't need to find it, right?

I've got mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the art looks great, I'm sure the budget is great, and it's from people who are essentially legends in the RPG world.

On the other hand, everything about this gives me a, "I forced a bot to look at 10,000 hours of D&D pitches and this is what the AI came up with."

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads