Dragons of Eternity

Dragonlance Dragons Of Eternity By Margaret Weis And Tracy Hickman Coming August 6, 2024

There was bad art long before AI became the acceptable target of the moment.

Case in point:

While I disagree with some of their choices, a lot of the covers are quite baffling and/or terrible.

I still suspect it's likely to be a moot point, as a) WotC doesn't want to do anything more with Dragonlance, b) Weis & Hickman don't care much about WotC's plans, and c) I'm strongly suspecting this novel will undo everything post-Legends to at least some extent, since Weis & Hickman seem to have regretted Dragons of Summer Flame for about twenty-five years now.

Ah Dragons of Summer Flame, wherein they kill off most of the remaining Heroes of the Lance and then proceed to kill off the most compelling of the new characters they introduced.

mamba

Legend
I'm one of the small handful that actually likes the original Fifth Age, but the War of Souls retcons and post-WoS era don't work for me on the whole.
it makes for a better world to explore because there is not this overarching plot affecting everything, so it is more a regular fantasy world, but I like exactly nothing of what happened to bring about the 5th Age or during it…

Case in point:

While I disagree with some of their choices, a lot of the covers are quite baffling and/or terrible.

Ah Dragons of Summer Flame, wherein they kill off most of the remaining Heroes of the Lance and then proceed to kill off the most compelling of the new characters they introduced.
Despite its reputation , Summer Flame really only kills a handful of characters, one Her of the Lance (Tanis) and one new hero (Steel).

My recollection is Steel, Tanis, Tasslehoff, and Tanin & Sturm Majere. Though I suppose that doesn't rule out some of them getting better in later books.
Are Tanin and Sturm really main characters? They appear in two short stories and are dead before Dragons of Summer Flame begins.

Tasslehoff appears in two whole trilogies after DoSF so I don’t really count that.

Case in point:

I'm constantly amused by how many of the books on Good Show Sir I've actually owned. Apparently I took that adage about judging books by their cover to heart as a child.

That said, the cover on this one isn't remarkably bad, and might even be mediocre if someone re-drew all the characters' faces and made the dragon's posing a bit more dynamic.

Remove ads