Trailblazer Teasers (collected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
So Trailblazer is going to cover Epic levels? That's fine. Otherwise 9th level bard spells -- and lack of access to them AND no discussion on how to ever have to access them -- would have read, to me: "this is a feature, not a problem with the system."

Actually, you've persuaded me to your point of view. I'll stop at 8th.

I've been following development since the GM Day preview. I really like what I've seen.

The Fighter looks spectacular. I think the Combat Reactions will really add a level to combat without bogging it down & I think I will try it out in my game in the next couple of weeks.

If you want to try a "mini" version, just roll attacks of opportunity and aid another into your game. (Drop dodge and block as they're new, and thus will play with expected outcomes in new ways.)

To recap:

Combat reactions earned at BAB 1, 6, 11, and 16.

Use them for either an attack of opportunity, or aid another (+2 to hit or AC, no roll required-- just announce the intent).

I'm curious if this is till on track for release around Gen Con?

Yes.

(Thank you for your kind comments.)

joela

First Post
comments

(Thank you for your kind comments.)

Trailblazer is an awesome product! I'm am quite serious when I posted earlier that, when the opportunity occurs to (re)start my OGL fantasy campaign, I'm using TB -- not Pathfinder -- as the base and adding everything else (i.e. 3.x supps, Pathfinder, etc.) on top of it. :D

So, which class is next? Pally? Monk?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
The order doesn't matter at this point. Tell me how you want me to roll out the remaining classes; I'll do one a day or so.

Barbarian, Druid, Monk, Paladin, Ranger.

Did I forget anybody?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Actually, you've persuaded me to your point of view. I'll stop at 8th.

You could include them as a sidebar, or a web enhancement, along with a note as to when they might come into play - epic levels, etc. Otherwise it would look kind of odd to have them there without some method of access for the character.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'm sorry to hear that, as I'd much rather have that information in case it's needed at some point.

I'll print it in coded text, and only send the cipher key to folks who specifically email me for it, so as not to provide a cruel tease to folks who don't want to know that wail of the banshee is on the bard's 9th level spell list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads