Trailblazer Teasers (collected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Extrapolation of all the Mass Cure and Summon Monster spells through all nine levels.

Conjurations, Divinations, Enchantments, Illusions. A sonic spell here and there.

You could probably figure it out.

Which of course you will have to do, since I definitely won't be providing that kind of assistance.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You could probably figure it out.

Which of course you will have to do, since I definitely won't be providing that kind of assistance.

Or you could just, you know, print it in the book, like you were originally going to do before one guy talked you out of it.

joela

First Post
talked out

Or you could just, you know, print it in the book, like you were originally going to do before one guy talked you out of it.

Wulf doesn't strike me as a man who'll allow anyone to "persuade" him to publish -- or not publish -- anything that he feels right especially for his products without a solid reason. Or am I wrong?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer

Wulf doesn't strike me as a man who'll allow anyone to "persuade" him to publish -- or not publish -- anything that he feels right especially for his products without a solid reason. Or am I wrong?

a) I do listen to feedback;

b) If it was simply a matter of catering to the preference of one person, Alzrius would be right. But I gave it some thought; and there's a sound argument for not including it.

The problem is this: There's enough new stuff to learn with regards to the interaction of BMB and multiclassing, that including the list (without necessary commentary) would lead to confusion.

I'll do what I think is best.

joela

First Post
threatened area

a) I do listen to feedback;

Trailblazer preview of the classes posted over at rpgnet.

I'll do what I think is best.

I was wondering if you'd be willing to cover "threatened area" in another preview post after classes:

So we’ve removed the concept of “threatened squares” and replaced it with “threatened area.” You only provoke an attack of opportunity if you leave a threatened area. In a nutshell, this means that you can freely move up to an opponent (regardless of its reach) without having to walk on eggshells. It also means that, as long as you stay inside that opponent’s threatened area, you can move around, try to flank, and so forth. Everybody gets “shifty.”

From what I can see, a PC can go up to a, for example, Large creature and attack in one round; on the second, move around it without provoking as long as it stays within one square, and then attack. Is that correct? Also, spellcasting provokes AoO as usual within a threatened area unless a Concentration roll is made?

GlassJaw

Hero
From what I can see, a PC can go up to a, for example, Large creature and attack in one round; on the second, move around it without provoking as long as it stays within one square, and then attack. Is that correct? Also, spellcasting provokes AoO as usual within a threatened area unless a Concentration roll is made?

Pretty much. A creature's threatened area is all the squares he can reach with a melee attack. You move into or within a creature's threatened area without provoking an AoO. If you move out of it, you then provoke an AoO.

And we removed Concentration. Casting defensively is now a caster level check (DC = 10 + 2 * spell level).

joela

First Post
going pathfinder on concentration

And we removed Concentration. Casting defensively is now a caster level check (DC = 10 + 2 * spell level).

NOOOOOOOOOO...! :eek:

Note to self: First houserule for Trailblazer campaign -- Insert back Concentration due to its use in 3.x material B-)

GlassJaw

Hero
Note to self: First houserule for Trailblazer campaign -- Insert back Concentration due to its use in 3.x material B-)

What is your thinking for wanting it back in?

One of our primary design goals with TB was to make changes that supported the way people played.

Concentration served essentially one purpose: a skill tax on casters. That's it.

I have never seen a player playing a class other than a caster put ranks in Concentration. It's not fair to require casters to put ranks into a skill that is useless to non-casters.

joela

First Post
concentration

What is your thinking for wanting it back in?

We've expanded its use in our campaign(s). Besides spellcasting, we use it, metagaming-wise, if a player needs his/her PC to recall certain recent game facts like their employer, who's the recently introduced major domo of a certain NPC, a line of a poem introduced earlier in the game, etc. We've also used it in-game when a PC has to really focus on something while trying to do something else (e.g., keep his/her head above water in a roaring river while trying to comprehend the nearby enemy's flag signals). And I have certain 3PP supps that have entire classes revolving the use of Concentration (e.g, QMonk).

Again, the above uses are specific to my campaign. If Concentration is gone from Trailblazer, I'll make the appropriate adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads