• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trailer Park Boys: the Game, Wed 6:30p-10:00p (FULL)

fusangite

First Post
Yep. Don't you worry; I'll have special Trailer Park mechanics. I didn't end up going with Unknown Armies as Jeff suggested but I am working from a similar flaws-make-the-character premise.

Basically the characters have seven primary attributes (normal ones like Smart, Fast, Charming, etc.) on which they must spend a set number of points and seven primary weaknesses on which they must similarly spend an equal number of points. Depending on game situations, one or more weaknesses detract from rolls based on primary attributes but one or two special weaknesses (I haven't decided which) add instead of subtracting, thereby boosting a primary attribute to certain levels.

My working list of primary weaknesses at the moment (and I'm still writing the game at this stage) is:
1. Drunk
2. Stoned
3. Greasy
4. A Mark
5. Greedy
6. Gross
7. A Dick

In show terms, Ricky has concentrated his weakness points in Drunk, Stoned and A Dick. But Stoned is his primary weakness and adds to his dice pool when making a check, whereas being A Dick and Drunk reduce the size of his dice pool in tests.

Anyway, system suggestions are most welcome as I cobble this thing together.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
fusangite said:
Yep. Don't you worry; I'll have special Trailer Park mechanics. I didn't end up going with Unknown Armies as Jeff suggested but I am working from a similar flaws-make-the-character premise.

Basically the characters have seven primary attributes (normal ones like Smart, Fast, Charming, etc.) on which they must spend a set number of points and seven primary weaknesses on which they must similarly spend an equal number of points. Depending on game situations, one or more weaknesses detract from rolls based on primary attributes but one or two special weaknesses (I haven't decided which) add instead of subtracting, thereby boosting a primary attribute to certain levels.

My working list of primary weaknesses at the moment (and I'm still writing the game at this stage) is:
1. Drunk
2. Stoned
3. Greasy
4. A Mark
5. Greedy
6. Gross
7. A Dick

In show terms, Ricky has concentrated his weakness points in Drunk, Stoned and A Dick. But Stoned is his primary weakness and adds to his dice pool when making a check, whereas being A Dick and Drunk reduce the size of his dice pool in tests.

Anyway, system suggestions are most welcome as I cobble this thing together.

So Julian has Drunk, Greedy and Stoned, with Greedy as his primary (given that his moneymaking schemes are, generally, decent plans but for the manpower he has to work with)

fusangite

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
So Julian has Drunk, Greedy and Stoned, with Greedy as his primary (given that his moneymaking schemes are, generally, decent plans but for the manpower he has to work with)
Spot on! I actually typed exactly this statement in my original post but then decided to hold back and see if you were thinking the same way as I.

xrpsuzi

First Post
I got as much info as YouTube would let me derive, so I'm not that savy in the characters of the show, but how would Bubbles fall in your system scheme? What weakness would become his primary weakness?

BTW, I really like the idea of having a primary weakness be your source of strength. :)

-Suzi

fusangite

First Post
Bubbalicious said:
I'm dowloading a Torrent with all the first 6 seasons of the show. I should have it within a couple of weeks (it's 9 GB!!).
The odd numbered seasons are the good ones. Seasons 4 and 6 especially are pretty uneven.

fusangite

First Post
suzi yee said:
I got as much info as YouTube would let me derive, so I'm not that savy in the characters of the show, but how would Bubbles fall in your system scheme? What weakness would become his primary weakness?

BTW, I really like the idea of having a primary weakness be your source of strength. :)

-Suzi
Bubbles is Drunk, Stoned and A Mark. Being A Mark is Bubbles' primary weakness because his sympathy for cats and jerks elicit sympathy and loyalty and get him out of trouble.

romp

First Post
I spent the day laughing my ass off at work thinking about this. Coming up with sterotypes was so easy... :)

Edna - the chain smoking, polyester wearing, alky with a mean poodle named Cinnamon

Bubba - the greasy, sleeveless shirt wearing mechanic who has a Camaro on blocks

Chainsaw - the pitbull who lives under Bubba's trailer

Sue Jane - the preteen who is channeling Amy Fisher and has the wardrobe to match.

I have not even seen the show yet (except for the little that YouTube has) and that is off the top of my head.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
suzi yee said:

At a guess I would give Bubbles A Mark, Cowardly and Retarded...with A Mark being his primary...his "Simplicity" has been a saving grace for him more than once.

Remove ads