• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trailer Park Boys: the Game, Wed 6:30p-10:00p (FULL)

yangnome

First Post
Buttercup said:
Alternatively, I could show up with a bottle of tequilla, a salt shaker and a bunch of limes. You've only seen me mildly tipsy on red wine, so you have no idea. None. :D

body shots?

yangnome

First Post
OK, I haven't seen the show yet (I have netflixed season 1 & 2), but I think I have an idea in mind.

I'm thinking about playing a life-long security guard, wanna be cop. He's a high school drop out, but he got his GED (or the Canookian equivalent), now a late 30's something loser. He's always wanted to be a cop, but can't pass the psychological evaluation--he's way too gung-ho. Basically someone like Farva on Super Troopers. His main flaw is that he's a dick. He's also gross and a drunk on his off time.

Thoughts?

Teflon Billy

Explorer
yangnome said:
OK, I haven't seen the show yet (I have netflixed season 1 & 2), but I think I have an idea in mind.

I'm thinking about playing a life-long security guard, wanna be cop. He's a high school drop out, but he got his GED (or the Canookian equivalent), now a late 30's something loser. He's always wanted to be a cop, but can't pass the psychological evaluation--he's way too gung-ho. Basically someone like Farva on Super Troopers. His main flaw is that he's a dick. He's also gross and a drunk on his off time.

Thoughts?

Heh, it sounds suspiciously like Jim Leahy, the antagonist on Trailer Park Boys:)

yangnome

First Post
is that the bald guy in the cast picture on page 1? His picture is what kind of sparked the idea in my head, though I'd picture playing someone a bit younger.

Bubbalicious

First Post
So, are we playing characters FROM the show, or characters BASED on the show?

If it's characters FROM the show, I would either want to play Bubbles or Randy (shirtless, of course) (unless we're playing in the Embassy bar, which would generally be a good idea, but I think they'd probably frown on me being shirtless in there) (actually, EVERYONE would probably pretty much frown on me being shirtless ANYWHERE, not that I care, but the Embassy bar would probably have me removed)

If it's characters BASED on the show, I don't yet know enough of the differences between Canadian trailer trash and American trailer trash. The best I can think of so far would be to play Donnie, the resident perv/peeping tom.

fusangite

First Post
Bubbalicious said:
So, are we playing characters FROM the show, or characters BASED on the show?
I can't do justice to the Nova Scotia trailer park scene. The trailer park in which this game is set is a slightly fictionalized version of an actual (now gentrified and defunct) trailer park in British Columbia called Big Woody.
If it's characters FROM the show, I would either want to play Bubbles or Randy (shirtless, of course) (unless we're playing in the Embassy bar, which would generally be a good idea, but I think they'd probably frown on me being shirtless in there) (actually, EVERYONE would probably pretty much frown on me being shirtless ANYWHERE, not that I care, but the Embassy bar would probably have me removed)
Let me be clear: this game only crosses the line into LARP insofar as play involves drinking, cursing and eating chicken fingers.
If it's characters BASED on the show, I don't yet know enough of the differences between Canadian trailer trash and American trailer trash. The best I can think of so far would be to play Donnie, the resident perv/peeping tom.
This sounds promising. My general feeling with the game is: go with what you know. Find your inner trailer trash and don't worry too much about setting.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
fusangite said:
I can't do justice to the Nova Scotia trailer park scene. The trailer park in which this game is set is a slightly fictionalized version of an actual (now gentrified and defunct) trailer park in British Columbia called Big Woody...

LOL :)

I had no idea this was going to be in Big Woody.

xrpsuzi

First Post
I just couldn't get any motivation off the whippet girl, so I'm thinking of playing Darlene: 30, chainsmoker, toker, and recent widow. She married the "catch" of the trailer park when she was younger, wooed with promises of being able to quit her job at the quick store and become a bonafide housewife. Only problem is that her husband (who took care of all the bills) died in a tragdic hunting accident without a life insurance policy, and the mobile home has 5 more payments!

Weaknesses: Vane, prideful, and greedy.
Motivation: Must raise enough money to finish paying off the trailer without crimping her lifestyle.

What do you guys think?

-suzi

yangnome

First Post
suzi yee said:
I just couldn't get any motivation off the whippet girl, so I'm thinking of playing Darlene: 30, chainsmoker, toker, and recent widow. She married the "catch" of the trailer park when she was younger, wooed with promises of being able to quit her job at the quick store and become a bonafide housewife. Only problem is that her husband (who took care of all the bills) died in a tragdic hunting accident without a life insurance policy, and the mobile home has 5 more payments!

Weaknesses: Vane, prideful, and greedy.
Motivation: Must raise enough money to finish paying off the trailer without crimping her lifestyle.

What do you guys think?

-suzi
love it.

Remove ads