Tumbling and Defensive Casting DCs

SableWyvern

Adventurer
I'm not sure if it was on the old or new boards, but a while ago I saw some official/semi-official rules posted regarding variable DCs for Tumbling and Defensive Casting.

Could someone put these up again, or point me in the direction of original post?

Thanks.

hong

WotC's bitch
There are optional rules for opposed Tumbling in S&S, and S&F. The S&S rule involves the defender making a Ref save at DC equal to the Tumble check result. The S&F rule (essentially) involves opposed Tumble checks.

Or you could use Monte Cook's house rule where the Tumble check is opposed by an attack roll.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
The rules I was thinking of related to DCs being based on opponents' attack rolls, with some sort of modifiers (IIRC). The same system was applied to tumbles and defensive casting.

Could I get a link to Monte Cook's rule? Or any other info?

Crothian

First Post
the system works well, better then the low DCs especially at higher levels. By 8th level our monk had +16 (11 ranks, 20 dex) so he just tumbles all over the place by the old rules.

creepy

First Post
It was probably posted earlier by KarinsDad. Concentration is simply treated the same as Tumbling (S&S optional rule) If you cast defensively then your opponent gets a reflex save to hit you. The DC is the total of your concentration roll.

Remove ads