Turtledome! [Arena]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] I'm in, and am in process of approval. If you'll have me, that is. :)
Can those of us at the Tavern start posting as though we've arrived here? or is there a special entrance?
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Starting a Battle...]
I'm in, and am in process of approval. If you'll have me, that is. :)
Can those of us at the Tavern start posting as though we've arrived here? or is there a special entrance?
Once you complete your party, send me a PM and tell me who you want to fight. I'll start up a new thread where you visit the turtle and start negotiations.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Rage] Oooooh 2nd level is too far away. I would almost go so far as to make my second character just for the glory of the turtledome! What a brilliant concoction you have here! [/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Just out of curiousity, are you using the Gladiators article from Dragon magazine for things like the warming-up-the-crowd skill challenge?
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Warming Up the Crowd...]
Just out of curiousity, are you using the Gladiators article from Dragon magazine for things like the warming-up-the-crowd skill challenge?
I'm using it as a guideline for something a little more X-TREME! and fun-silly--more like pro-wrestling than ancient Rome. The TURTLEDOME! set up will provide more rewards for acquiring the crowd's approval. (Another difference is that the crowd can't interfere with a match. That's not cost-effective for the TURTLEDOME!) And there must be trash talk. Lots and lots of trash talk.[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='OOC']I am also in, as long as you'll have me. I have sent my character to the judges, but have not been approved yet.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Trash Talk] Its too bad we cant find a way to let other community members trash talk while the fight goes on without flooding the "adventure" with it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=ukingsken said...] Its too bad we cant find a way to let other community members trash talk while the fight goes on without flooding the "adventure" with it.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Brilliant idea. There definitely needs to be comments from the crowd. Maybe those can go in this Turtledome thread while each fight goes in its own thread? I think that would work and it would scale over time. People should link to specific posts in the fight thread if they want too.[/sblock]

Remove ads