• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TWF Builds

Volomon

First Post
I'm looking desperately for a two weapon build and though there are various threads, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of real substance.

I'm looking for a build that is built all the way up to 20 with feats already picked out to help out.

Is anyone willing to do this?

Only limit is 3.5 Only no 3.0 no setting reference like Magic of Faerun, Races of Eberron, no psionics, no races above 1 LA.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
There's lots of different ways to go with TWF, depends what you want to play. A rogue is probably most common, but a pouncing barbarian can work nicely, too. Dervish is also often handy. In general, you want to find a source of bonus damage that adds to every attack (like sneak attack or skirmish), and you want to find a way to be able to reach melee and full attack as often as possible (Pouncing charges; Sudden Leap maneuver from Tome of Battle; Travel Devotion feat from C.Champion; Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker from Magic Item Compendium; etc...).

So, any particular type of class you want to play? How twinked out do you want it? I like to be at the "heavily optimized but not using anything game breaking or abusive" level myself.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, one idea I just thought of: a Dragonfire Inspiration Bard build. The Rogue and other builds are the most common and iconic, so I thought something completely different could be fun. Mainly requires twinking out your inspire courage ability for the best bonus possible. See this thread for an excellent database on how to do that.

Basic gist would be a Spellscale or Silverbrow Human (both races from dragon magic, iirc) Bard. You'd dip Barbarian 1 (or 2, Uncanny Dodge is sexy) level for pounce (Lion Totem variant from C.Champion) and Whirling Frenzy, to get an extra attack each round of your frenzy. Even with a dip, the Extra Rage feat brings you up to 3/day, usually enough. And Spell Compendium has the Blood Frenzy spell to let the target enter a rage without costing a daily use. Druid level 2, cheap enough as a potion...but you'e a bard, so get it even cheaper as a scroll or wand and Use Magic Device it!

At level 9 or earlier, you'd enter Crusader or Warblade and get the Song of the White Raven feat. Stacks your Bard levels with those classes for Inspire Courage's effective bonus and lets you start Inspire Courage as a swift action (ie, you can drop it on your allies and pouncing full attack all on round 1!). Since those classes give full BAB, you might want to consider advancing in one of them instead of Bard eventually.

The build would want a LOT of feats... Draconic Heritage (a Sonic or Acid dragon), Dragonfire Inspiration, Song of the White Raven, Words of Creation, Extra Rage (can get by with blood frenzy), the entire TWF tree at a minimum. Song of the Heart, the greatest bard feat ever, is sadly unavailable to you because it's from a setting book.

I could make a full build up for this if you want. The best part would be that you'd be buffing your allies just as much as you do yourself.

Remove ads