D&D 5E Two Subclasses from Tasha for Barbarian and Warlock

WotC has posted two previews from the upcoming Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything — the barbarian’s Path of Wild Magic and the warlock’s Genie patron. You can download them both as PDFs. https://dndcelebration2020.com/#/previews

MarkB

Legend
I do have to somewhat take back my initial comment on the Wild Magic barbarian - it was due to me not reading it properly and failing to scroll to the last page. I assumed that when it mentioned rolling on the Wild Magic table, it meant the Wild Magic sorcerer's Wild Magic Surge table in the PHB, and I completely missed that the class has its own Wild Magic table. It's still an odd class, but the effects on that table are a lot more generally beneficial (and controllable).

OB1

Jedi Master
I do have to somewhat take back my initial comment on the Wild Magic barbarian - it was due to me not reading it properly and failing to scroll to the last page. I assumed that when it mentioned rolling on the Wild Magic table, it meant the Wild Magic sorcerer's Wild Magic Surge table in the PHB, and I completely missed that the class has its own Wild Magic table. It's still an odd class, but the effects on that table are a lot more generally beneficial (and controllable).
Oh wow I missed that too. Great table, loving the sub-class more and more!

Remove ads

Remove ads