D&D 5E [UA Favored Soul]Are there any obvious cleric spells that combine well with metamagic?

The real question is can you get twin spell to work on Create Unread and Animate Objects, they turn inert matter into creatures.

To confuse things Create Undead can be cast on Undead already created by Create Undead in order to maintain your control of those undead, in which case if you only are casting it on one creature, twin spell should work.

I believe that since you can cast it on 3 corpses (or 10 objects) at a time, neither is eligible for twin spell. If Create Undead was 1 corpse for a level 6 spell, 2 for level 7, ect. then you could cast twin spells on the level 6 spell, but not on the higher level versions.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I believe that since you can cast it on 3 corpses (or 10 objects) at a time, neither is eligible for twin spell. If Create Undead was 1 corpse for a level 6 spell, 2 for level 7, ect. then you could cast twin spells on the level 6 spell, but not on the higher level versions.

Actually no, for a spell to be twinnable, it must be capable of only targeting one creature ever. Stuff like invisibility isn't twinnable.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Actually no, for a spell to be twinnable, it must be capable of only targeting one creature ever. Stuff like invisibility isn't twinnable.
I don't think that's the case. I'm fairly certain that if a spell cannot choose more than one target at the level you are casting it, it is able to benefit from the twin spell metamagic.

Do you have evidence that supports your stricter interpretation?

gyor

Legend
Distant Metamagic allows you to raise dead/spare the dying/revivfy/Resurrection/Heal at a distance of 30 feet, instead of touch, keeping you away from danger, or allowing you to heal someone who is beyond your reach of your touch for some reason.

gyor

Legend
With font of magic at level 20 with 2 short rests and burning all 1, 2, 3, and 4 level spells for spell points, you can spend those points on adding enough 5th level slots to cast Mass Cure Wounds for a total of 144d8 +240 hps healed with Charisma mod of +5.

With twinned True Resurrection you can out do that by resurrecting two corpseless Ancient Gold Dragons (if you know their names) for 1 9th level spell and 9 sorcery points, with your high persausan skill or deception skill you can convince them to help you. That I believe heals over a 1000 hps total between the two dragons, creates a new body within 10 feet of you and cures any diseases, curses, and poisons they had effecting them. No life cleric can do that, one dragon yes, but 2 no.

They tweeted that Eldritch Blast is twin-able until level 5, so there's that.

Thank you. I knew it was something like that. Given that it costs SP's and upcasting a spell is a short lived advantage (anyone else who could cast the spell that could target 2 creatures at the next highest casting level could do so at most 2 levels up), it seemed like a good ruling.

Remove ads