5E Undead Apocalypse (Interest Check)

tglassy

Explorer
I may have said this before, but this is a high magic campaign. And by high magic, I mean there are magical items everywhere. And i mean everywhere. The more intelligent undead have been hording what they can find, but for the most part, most people who died and became undead just left whatever they had, or perhaps are still wearing it.

Attunement will be very closely regulated, and Magic Items can also be given to the City as a means of alleviating the burdens. Those items are lost to you, but I'm going to be developing a "City Survival Score" to keep track of how the city is doing based on what you do. You will not know this number or what it means, but it grows over time, and every problem the city has adds to the number that it gains every day. Solving these problems (finding food source, finding the source of the undead, etc) not only lowers the overall score, but also lowers the number it grows by each day. Giving Magical Items to the City will also lower that number, depending on the rarity and use of the item.

I am also playing with other things you'll be able to do with a surplus of magical items, but I think I'll let you find that out for yourself.

Neurotic

Adventurer
Can I suggest you renate Crime to Order and Hunger to Food. It is illogical to count hunger DOWN when it is actually more hunger in the city. Same for order/crime...

So work has been crazy and I have not had a chance to make the companion. [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] if you want you can create him for me. He did just appeate so not knowing what he can do might be fun.

tglassy

Explorer
That’s cool. He/she has to be a Genasi, lvl 4, and a Fighter. Other than that, everything else is up to you. You can pick the sub race and subclass.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Here's the rough draft of sorts. Basically, I'm going for a typical sword and board tanky type. High AC, lots of HP(for his level) and very distracting.

[Sblock]Race: Genesai
Subtype:  Earth
Class: Fighter lv 4
Subclass: Battle Master
Background: Soldier

Abilities: (bonus<save>), Skill(Bonus)
  Str:  16(+3<+5>), Athletics(+5)
  Dex:  10(0)
  Con:  18(+4<+6>)
  Int:  8(-1)
  Wis: 13(+1), Perception(+3), Survival(+3)
  Cha:  12(+1), Intimidation(+3)

Combat Stats:
  HP: 56/56
  AC: 18
  Pass Perception: 13

Genasi Attributes:
  +2 Con
  Languages: Common, Primordial
  Size: Medium
  Speed: 30 ft
  Subtype: Earth
    +1 Str
    Earthwalk: Move across difficult terrain of earth or stone without using extra movement.
    Merge With Stone:  1/LR (use con)
Fighter:
  Fighting Style:  Protection
    When a creature you can see attacks a target other than you that is within 5ft. Of you, you can use your reaction to impose DA.  Must be wearing a shield.
  Second Wind:  1/SR, use your BA to regain 1d10+(Fighter Level) HP.
  Action Surge:  1/SR, Gain an extra action for one turn.
  ABI: (+2 Con), Feat:  Charger
   When you use your action to dash, you may use a BA to make one melee weapon attack or shove a creature.  If you move 10+ feet in a straight line immediately before this action, either game +5 dmg bonus (if attack hits, or push target up to 10 ft. away (on shove, if successful).
  Martial Archetype:  Battle Master
    Combat Superiority
      Superiority Dice(SDie): (D8's) 4/4
      Maneuvers:
        1: Goading Attack:  On hit, add SDie to dmg, target make wis sv or suffer DA on attacks vs all targets other than you until end of your next turn.
        2: Maneuvering Attack:  On hit, Add Sdie to dmg roll, 1 friendly creature who can see/here you can move ½ speed without provoking the hit enemy.
        3: Precision Attack:  Use on attack to add Sdie to attack roll.  (Can use after seeing attack roll but before knowing if a hit.
      Save DC: (8+Prof+Str) 13

Proficiencies:
  Weapons:  Simple, Martial
  Armor:  Light, Medium, Heavy + Shields
  Tool:  Dice[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Explorer
Okay then, I'll let him post it properly then. He can copy/paste from my post, add the equipment and go from there. I was thinking chain mail and a warhammer, maybe some throwing weapons and done.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Random thought. We found a platinum bracelet with a sapphire inset into it. Would Galahad be able to use that as his arcane focus? (A gemstone)

tglassy

Explorer
Okey doke, it looks like it's just [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION], [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION], [MENTION=10230]Vlad[/MENTION]theDestroyer and [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] that are in right now, so we'll go on without [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], and Bunny can hop in anytime (see what I did there?)

Y'all are currently in "Planning Mode", so if you want to take time to converse and come up with a plan, go ahead, just let me know when you're ready to take on the fort, if that's what you're doing.

Advertisement