log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Undead Apocalypse!


log in or register to remove this ad

Fradak

Explorer
Message to the local thieves guild: "We need to go behind the first undead line surrounding the city. I'll bring you back supplies or anything more specific in exchange for a free passage and return for me and my companions through the underground network. "
 


tglassy

Adventurer
[roll0]

Tycho gets a message back in a few hours. It instructs him and his team to go to a tavern on the South Eastern side of the city, a few blocks from the Wall. The tavern is called The Burping Dog. Ask for Julian and take a seat. Arrangements will be discussed.
 
Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
"Ok, we have a chance to negociate our passage with some shady guys. The Burping Dog is the place. We have their attention but I don't know what we can put on the table. So, when you are ready to go..."
 

Shayuri

First Post
Bunny lights up. "That's my favorite kind of dog...oh wait. Burping Dog. Ugh. Tease!"

"Fiiiiiiiiine! Lets get going!"
 


tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I guess I was waiting to see what everyone else thought of meeting with the Xanathar group. But if y'all want to go forward with it, then forward we will go!



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 


tglassy

Adventurer
The group piles in to the Burping Dog tavern, and most of them look completely out of place. The tavern is packed full, the patrons looking poor, hungry, and in need of a good shower. The smell of bodies pressed in together hits the group like a stampeding horse.

The bartender is a small human, thin and blond. She would be attractive if it weren't for the perpetual scowl on her face and the scar on her cheek that looks like someone went for her throats and missed.

When the group enters, some of the patrons look their way, with a hungry look in their eye. The rest ignore them. Or at least, appear to.



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Fradak

Explorer
Before entering, Tycho send Ichtaca ahead to study the place and spot for ambuches.

He heads to the bartender and put a pile of gold(5) on the bar.

"We're here for Julian. Be kind and call form him, promptly. We'll be waiting over there. Ale for me and my friends would be perfect."

Then he takes a seat with the others if they follow the movement.

"From now on we cross our fingers."
 

Shayuri

First Post
"No ale for me, thanks! Something stronger. Distilled. Um..." Bunny looks around and seems lose her train of thought as she takes in the very old, dry wood of the place, and the large amounts of oily people standing around. "Nope. Nope. Just undead. Hoo."
 

Fulgrim steps into the tavern he scans the patrons. He notes those that might try to rob them or worse. The rest he puts out of his mind. Their business was their own. He let Tycho take the lead trusting in the man.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
The bartender looks at the gold offering on the table, hears Tychos remark, and rolls her eyes. She does, however, take the gold.

A few moments after they sit down, a waitress brings their drinks, bringing an extra and putting it at an empty seat at the table. A moment later, woman sits at the table with them, picking up the drink.

"I hear you need something," she says after taking a swig from her cup. "Talk fast."


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad looks around the crowded bar room with a sad sigh and sits down with the others. He takes in the scene and makes a decision. Pulling out his coin pouch, he pours it's contents onto the table and sighs. He didn't have much left to his name after purchasing what gear he could. But he might stave off some peoples hunger for another day. Replacing the obviously empty pouch he handed the coins to the server as she came around to him. "None for me please. Though I would like to help the most desparate in here with a bit of warm food, if you could be so kind. And maybe keep the silver for a tip."

OOC: Galahad is now penniless, but it's in his nature. 1 gold and 10 copper for feeding the poor and 1 silver for a tip.


Squirrels are evil!
 
Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
"We have business outside the city walls. Avoiding unnecessary attention from the walkers is what we need and we've heard you are the right one for this kind of worries. As you have noticed, we are not in funds but we can come to an other kind of arrangement. So, what's your price to get us there... and back?"



Contacting mentaly Ichtaca: "Anything?"
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Tycho]The Imp sees a lot of people it doesn't like, many seem like threats, but it could be his paranoia. [/sblock]

The woman, apparently Julian, simply lifts an eyebrow.

"Gold doesn't help much anymore. What we need is more basic. Food. A hungry organization is an ineffective one, and if there's anything the Xanathar doesn't like, it's an ineffective organization.

"There's a warehouse near the docks where they store a good third of the city's food supply. Unfortunately, the elf in charge of it refuses to deal with us. Get rid of him. We don't care how you do it. Frame him, get him reassigned, kill him, whatever. His name is Aristille. Once he's out of the way, we'll be able to get one of our men to take his place. Do that, and we'll show you how to get out beyond the hordes."


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Shayuri

First Post
Bunny giggled at that.

"That'll just make food riots. We're going outside to GET more food. Penny...wise? Pound...foolish?"

She takes a little metal doll out of her pouch, clicks something on it, and the doll's head catches on fire. She touches it to her drink, which then burns with the dim blue flame of alcohol.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Julian curls her lip in disgust at Bunny.

"We don't care who riots where. We care about survival. Whatever your so called 'mission' is, you're going to die the moment you leave the city. If you want our help, this is the price. Otherwise you're wasting my time."


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin looks aghast at the suggestion. He looks at Julian and shakes his head. "I cannot help you steal from the mouths of this city. Our goal is to fight this slow death that we all face, not speed it up."

He ponders for a moment and then continues. "Let us use your tunnels. If we die, as you think, then nothing is lost, except a handful of mouths to consume food. If we succeed, we will bring food back with us. And business as well. For, you'll be in charge of the one and only supply route this city will have."

Squirrels are evil!
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top