log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Undead Apocalypse!

Fradak

Explorer
OOC: To think, that's what I'm doing right now :)

"Ok, if I'm the only one concerned about that point, we should go and see later. Let's move out."
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Oh, and please, I am more than willing to ask for Oghma's blessing on any task that benefits this mission. All that is required is a bit of forwarning of your intent and a moment to pray for your success..."

OOC: Basically, any time somebody is about to do something outside of initiative Galahad will gladly cast guidance for them.


Squirrels are evil!
 


tglassy

Adventurer
"Wonderful," Hyric said. "I'll finally get to eat something other than stale rice. What's you're plan for getting past the horde in front of the city?"


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Fradak

Explorer
"We can use some kind of diversion and leave smoothly on the other side of the city. Or maybe the city has some underground escape routes emerging at a certain distance... "
OOC: What's the level of intelligence of the average undead down there? Are they easy to lure?
 


Fulgrim turns to Tyco at the comment about who's to keep the undead out.

"I do not think we will secure the farms this time. My plan is to scout the woods and clear them of dangers then escort some of the hunters to find game. The farms will come later perhaps after we find what is drawing them there. Remove the lure and the dead should disperse." He looks to Galahad. "We could then look for those supplies to equip the farmers and their guards. The mines are to the North and that is the direction the hordes flow from. We can gather supplies as we scout the source."

Fulgrim looks out at the hordes.

"We need to start somewhere. Fighting our way through the horde is not optimal." He nods at Tyco's suggestion. "Yes a diversion might work but has risks if it does not draw enough of the undead. I think the hidden route could work. This is Waterdeep after all there must be some smugglers way into and out of the city. Every major city has them."
 

Fradak

Explorer
"I have some connection we can use, let me look into it and I get back to you with a safe passage. "

Seeing Galahad praying the Lord of Knowledge: "Or maybe it will not be necessary..."
 

Shayuri

First Post
"I have a plan!" Bunny exclaimed abruptly. "All we'll need is a wagon, some springs and gears, and all the alchemist's fire left in the city."

She rubbed her hands together with manic glee.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Galahad gets an incling from his Deity, directing his thoughts to a history book he once read from before the fall of the world. It was about illegal activities that had been uncovered in the city.

Most smugglers went by sea, as it was easier. However, there are tails of an underground guild, the Xanathar Guild, who used underground tunnels and caverns. Little is known about the guild except they were thieves and slavers, and have been rumored to have been around for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Ahh, yes! The Xanathar tunnels! You see, the Xanathar was smugglers 'guild' who specialized in... " Galahad relays the information in a long winded dissertation until somebody interrupts him for the short version at which point, he looks perplexed and rattles off the pertinent details.

"I'm sure if I can get another look at the book I could quickly find information on the location of one of the entrances. No telling what's down there now, though."

Squirrels are evil!
 

River Song

Explorer
"Well a way in and out without having to fight through all-a that would be dandy." Doogie agrees. "Probly worth investigatin' "
 

Fulgrim looks over at Galahad. Hidden tunnels under the city. This could be exactly what they needed. Finding a safe way in and out of the city would be invaluable.

"How long will it take you to research these tunnels?" Fulgrim turns to the others. "We should be prepared for trouble. Like the rest of this gods forsaken world it's probably filled with the dead or worse. Gather your things and anything else you think we'll need to explore hidden tunnels under the city."
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"It shouldn't take more than an hour, ic the book is where it's supposed to be, and it has what we need."

"Where should we meet?"




Squirrels are evil!
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Moving on so we don't get stuck.


The group decides to meet at a tavern once Galahad has had a chance to research the Xanathar.

OOC: [roll0]



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Galahad]While Galahad is doing his research, he is unable to find more than a passing reference to the guild of thieves. Rumors suggest that the leader is one of the long lived races, though others suggest it is a more nefarious being, such as a vampire or a Lich of some kind.

As Galahad is about to quit out of frustration, he finds a note on his table. Looking around, he sees no one there. Whoever dropped it off did so so smoothly, he did not even notice them walking by. He opens the letter cautiously, and only one word is written on it:

"Stop."[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad examines the paper and his surroundings for a moment looking for a clue and quickly memorizing the faces of anyone else in the room and then, palming the paper, he stands and walks out.

On his way to the tavern he keeps his senses on high alert while doing his best to not seem like it. And if he manages to spot any followers, act as if he didn't recognize them.

Once at the bar he sits with his comerades and says simply. "I found only vague references, and no clues as to where to even begin a search."

OOC: I'll just roll these up and let you do what you will with them.

Investigation:: 1D20+5+1D4 = [1]+5+[2] = 8

Perception:: 1D20+7+1D4 = [19]+7+[2] = 28

Deception:: 1D20+1D4-1 = [3]+[2]-1 = 4


He could be many things, it seems a spy is not one of them.


Squirrels are evil!
 
Last edited:

"So there are tunnels but know information on how to access them." Fulgrim turns to Tycho. "You mentioned contacts that might help us safely through the hordes. Did you speak with them? If not could you? I do not think we have time to unravel the secret of these Xanathar Guild tunnels."

OOC: Just a heads up I am leaving on vacation today and won't be back till next weekend. I will try to post but will have limited internet access for the entire week.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Galahad]Galahad noticed a few people watching him from back alleys as he walked to the tavern, though it could have been his imagination. The moment he'd turn to make sure, they'd disappear, as if they weren't there. Unfortunately, he did not get a good look at any of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tycho]
Checking with your contacts, you learn that the underground tunnels are dangerous to traverse, mostly because of the local thieves guild, which is very widespread and very well organized. No one will say much about them, except that if you wanted to contact them, one of your contacts will deliver a message.[/sblock]


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Shayuri

First Post
"Isn't there a spell for this?" complains Bunny impatiently. "Or a protection scroll or something? It is very DIFFICULT to properly apply explosive FORCE in a TUNNEL. From one who knows!"

(OOC - Can anyone cast Hide from Undead, or is there a Protection from Undead scroll somewhere? To be fair; such a scroll would probably be very hard to find given the current situation, but Hide from Undead could be quite nice!)
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top