• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Under strange stars

Ashy

First Post
Jagra jogs back to the front and reports quickly, "No exits in the back, but an angry goat could make one if it so desired..."

Ashy

First Post
Jagra looks to the Captian and raises his bushy eyebrows while tilting his head slightly towards the door, as if to say, 'After you, Cap'n..."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

OOC:Well looks like I'm leader. Whether I like it or not. :)

Al-Khazad looks around at his motley crew. "Well daylights a burn'n, lets pay our friend a visit shall we?" He draws Lightning's Breath and cuts an entrance for the group. He then steps boldly inside.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Amira stays behind keeping some distance to Al-Khazad, but is ready to use her spells to aid the party, if needed.

Someone

Adventurer
A wooden door isn´t enemy enough for Al-Khazad, who bursts through it sword in hand followed by the rest of the group. In the shady room that opens for you –hard to tell if a kitchen, dining room, living room, or vestibule, since it works as them and more- Ahmed stumbles and falls on his butt with a muffled cry, totally surprised. In the floor, an open trapdoor stands almost as the room´s only decoration. It´s covered with a mat, so when closed it would be very difficult to spot. A fragile wooden ladder descends to a narrow and claustrophobic basement, a rare addition to houses in this city.

Ahmed gets on his knees. “Oh! The most honourable and brave Shin´nairo, the incomparable Amira, and… the… rest of you, of course. Including the merciful and civilized captain Al-Khazad, who I´m sure don´t need, you know, that blade.” Ahmed wriggles his nose and looks at you.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

"I'll be the one deciding that, friend. Now tell us about the map, and the truth this time! For I fear your 'payment' may have cost the life of a friend. I am sure it is responsible, for the new vizier and the sultan's army, not being pleased with us. So speak and make that head useful, otherwise...."

Someone

Adventurer
[OOC: I think you mean the book, not the map]

“What? I told you the truth, oh star of sailors, mirror of navigators, blessed example among sea faring people!” squeaks Ahmed. “I repeat and clarify what I told you yesterday. One of Abu´s servants, named Zosimo, had a debt with me, and paid with the book. I´m a honourable person, without malice in my heart, and believed him when he said that his master the most noble Abu ibn Minah gave him the book as a birthday present. Now I see that I was foolish, maybe, and only maybe, he misinterpreted something I said, an innocent comment you know, about a casual conversation I had with a masked man about the value of old books.”

“Can you believe the inquity and evil of this world? Zosimo took my words and twisted them, thinking <uhu, Ahmed´s asking me to steal my master´s old book and use it as a payment>. I´m sure he´ll say that I used those same words. But then I ask you: why would you believe a thief and not me, a close friend of you for so long?”

“By the way, who´s the dead -whose ultimate demise I deeply regret-?”

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
"Ahmed, Ahmed... I'm disappointed in you. I wonder how such an honest man as yourself manages to survive in this cruel and evil world," Amira says with her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Suddenly she looses her cool, "I have little patience for nonsense, when the lives of my friends have been threatened! And on top of that, I've had to hide and wear these awful peasant clothes! Ohhh, will these wounds ever heal?!?!"

She manages to calm down, but only slightly. "You might be a swindler, but as far as I know you, stupidity shouldn't be one of your flaws. I believe you didn't wish to harm us, but you better speak the truth this time."

"So, when did you meet this masked man and what did you tell him? And this Zosimo, where do we find him?" she asks in a persuasive, but still very demanding voice.

(OOC: Diplomacy check)

Someone

Adventurer
“Lying? Me? Every word that comes out of my mouth is a perfect and trascendent example of sincerity, m´lady. For you know that I have, as a lone person in this uncaring world, to present my case in the most favorable way. And our sacred social customs require the listener to discount nine tenths of what he hear. Suppose I relate the facts as an unintelligent animal would. In that case, you would automatically assume I´m hiding something, and that would misdirect you from the truth. This way, in your near infinite sharpness, perspicace, clarity and perceptiveness you can separate the gleaming nuggets of important facts from the sordid affairs of my insignificant life.”

“Anyway, since I´m afraid my prose is making you lose your precious time, I´ll shorten things. About Zosimo, I must suppose –but I don´t know for sure, since I don´t get along with thieves and criminals- he´s a servant in Abu´s palace, so he must be there. And about the masked man, I know little about him. He found me, so to speak: he appeared one day, face covered with a wooden plain mask, and manifested an interest to possess certain book, interest high enough to pay well for it. No other details, how to find him or anything. One day, I met Zosimo and mentioned that. He brought me the book, ending a debt he had with me. And it happened that you ended our… business before I expected, so, short of cash, I offered you the book. Hearing rumors about Abu´s dissapearance, and the masked mage defeated in a battle with fire and lightning everywhere, I said to myself: <Ahmed, an evil genie has cursed you again with bad luck. Better hide for some weeks>, activity that I was going to start when you dignified my house with your presence.”

“As you see, everything I ever told you was true, even if in sake of brevity some facts were obscured.”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads