• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Under strange stars

Ashy

First Post
"Whoever else goes", Jagra says with a slight scowl, "By th' winds and th' sands - make sure ya can be quiet! This is an in'an'out job, as we used to say on th' streets..."

OOC: Jagra'll take a Mage Armor...

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Menghil casts a look at the former gnome.

"I can be quiet when it is needed."

Then he turns to face the rest of the group and claps his hands together.

"Right, so far it looks like me, the midget and the insect. When do we set out?"

[ooc - thanks for the offer Zerth, but with my bracers it'd only be +1 ac, so don't waste the slot.

Someone - the one I sailed with was the son then? So I'd recognize him, but not the old man we're looking for?]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Someone - the one I sailed with was the son then? So I'd recognize him, but not the old man we're looking for?

Apparently, the son is the father´s living portrait, or so they say.

If I got it right, Jagra, Razeem and Menghil will enter the citadel using Invisibility and Fly (that makes 2 fly and 3 invisibility spells); Razeem will be protected with Mage Armor. I´ll post tomorrow, about at 6:00 AM board time; you have util then to make changes and additions to the plan; the first thing that strikes you is that, well, you can´t see each other.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

"I would prefer to go myself, as I know I have both stealth and skill should something go wrong. But apparently there are not enough spells to go around." Al-Khazad says worriedly. "You three be careful, and be quiet Razeem."

Someone

Adventurer
“Are you ready, then?” says Zosimo, who´s been taking breakfast –a light meal, with milk, bread and some fruit- with you. “I´m glad you are: in fact, I find strange that the soldiers are not looking for you here. Please be careful and bring Master Minah alive and safe.”

The servant at the gates returns without news: the street is clear. Razeem flies out, and you lose him while advancing through the crowded streets. The sun paints the house´s walls, but still don´t reach the floor and the air is still fresh; a late farmer, after unloading his cargo, loads in his wagon the human fertilizer gathered at certain points and heads to the western gate; a large clearing forms around him. Stands open, goods are announced and private guards drive away beggars and petty thieves. Really, a normal day.

Some time later, you gather at some distance of the now familiar wall, out of sight, and Amira and Jagra start their spellcasting. Jagra and Menghil float, and then they and Razeem turn transparent, then invisible. The trio start flying and there´s a brief moment of confusion, since you can´t see each other, but it´s easily solved touching one of your flying mates.* Gliding over the wall, you have a better view of the citadel.

The courtyard is really big: there are firing ranges, training yards, stables and cowsheds, crops and vines growing, metalsmiths and generally everything you could expect on a small city inside another. But that´s not what you´re looking for, but the cells, that are right now below you. You count only three guards patrolling around them, and another group of four, sat on the floor in front of one of the cells, that are playing something, maybe dice. Another guard next to them leans against the wall, and is eating something; and there´s a, now extinguished, iron brazier next to them. Obviously, from your position you can´t see inside the cells.

Notes: The patrolling guards are actually outside the cell compound, unlike the latter group of five, who are not far from the center. They are lightly armored and carry shortspear, scimitar, bow and a small shield. The cells are clustered in groups of twenty, put side by side, forming a line and half of them looking at each side; something like this:

Code:
!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!_!
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

*At least, that´s how it´s universally solved. Correct me if I´m wrong

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
OOC: So they are open on the sides? Basically, I am trying to figure out if the characters fly by the sides of the cages, will they be able to spot Minah?

Remove ads