Under strange stars

Ashy

First Post
Jagra's voice issues forth from Amira's right. "I can - he said, "hello", and then "stop there fool!" - I think. I do not speak this dialect well, but I will do what I can. No promises, however."

Jagra dispells his invisibility and then bows before the giants. Speaking as best he can in this dialect, he replies, "Hello. We do not seek to fight with you. We are lost here and need help."

The gnome leaves it at that for now, sincerely hoping that he did not muck it up too badly...

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad, Captain

Al-Khazad steps between the apewoman and the Cyclopes, attempting to calm both parties.

Diplomacy +1, sense motive +1, +7 vs. Cyclopes trying to figure the intientions of the Ape-Woman and the Cyclopes. He will try speaking in Auran to the armored one, perhaps he will understand that language.

OOC: Isn't this just great, I undestand Cyclopes better than my own follower. :eek:

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Menghil 27/63, -2 str, -2 dex

Seeing the others step forward to talk to the new arrivals, Menghil drops out of his rage with a shudder. He droops as the anger leaves him and cleans and sheathes his blade with trembling hands as he moves towards his companions and watches the cyclopses. . . cyclopsi. . . the one-eyed people.

Someone

Adventurer
”TA TU LOKO? TA TU MAL DE LA OYA?” Says back the robed cyclops. ”PO NO VE TU QUE TAN CON UN BISHO?”

”TU TRANKI, TRONKO, KE YO MOKUPO”

“What do they say?”

“That one” says Jagra “seems to hate the apewoman a lot; the other is saying back to let him speak”.

Al-Khazad nods, as he guessed the same thing while trying to hold her. “Akeeta!”, she repeats.

Razeem flies behind Amira and watches the scene. The armored cyclops advances slightly. ”VOHOTRO COHONUOS RAHANDO BISHO!” says. ”KEL PAHARO COHONUO OH KUIDE. DE ONDE CARAHO HABEI SALIO?”

“And now?”

“I think he´s saying we´re great warriors” translates Jagra “Also wishes the Great Bird to watch over us, and wants to know where are we from.” Jagra clears hos throat and tries not to watch under their skirts (because they wear leather or woolen skirts, or maybe are they short tunics?) “er… NOHOTRO MAH PERDIO KEL BARKO´L ARRO. NO BUHCAMO BONKA. NOHOTROS (er… how it was?) YEGAMO EN BARKO KE SA IO AL CARAHO”

“Akeeeeeeta!” growls again the apewoman.

The cyclopses look each other. ”OTTIA LA MARE KE TE PARIO. EJKE TU VIENE DE AYI EN LO ARTO, O VIENE TU DAVAHO?” says pointing to the mountain´s top.

“And now?”

“Seems to be agitated, and wants to know if we come from the mountain or not.” Translates Jagra. The rest of the cyclopses frown (wich is an strange expression when you only have one eye), specially the robed one.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad, Captain

Cleans and puts aways Lightning Breath, and draws his wand. Telling Jagra, "Tell him I am going to heal her, to try to calm her down. If he would, please have the Sorcerer to stop slinging spells."

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Amira

"Jagra, please try to tell them, that I am going to cast a spell to understand their speech."

Amira will cast comprehend languages.

Someone

Adventurer
Jagra clears his throat (again) while he thinks the words. "KOLEGA, KE SI EL GACHO AKEL PUE DEJA DE TOKA LO COHONE CON LOH YUYU, Y LA PIBA DAKI KE SI PUE USA UN YUYU PA PIYA LO KE TA TU DISIENDO, MANTENDIO TU, TIO FEO?"

"PO BUENO, PO FALE" says the cyclops. Jagra nods; Amira casts the spell and touches the armored cyclops. The robed one grimaces and, while not relaxed, adopts a letss threatening pose. Al-Khazad draws his wand, but is surprised to see that the apewoman (wich I´ll name Akeeta from now on) isn´t bleeding at all and her wounds doesn´t seem to be so deep as he thought before.

"YA TENTERA TU DE KE VAL ROYO?" Tha cyclops words twist in Amira´s mind and form new sounds: "Do you understand me now?". "TA GÜENO. AHORA DESIRME SI EL MAERO QUE VENIAI MONTAO SAKEDAO AYI PARRIBA, O AYI PABAHO."

"Uh?"

"He asked if our ship is in the mountains or the coast" say Amira and Jagra at the same time.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad, Captain

"Maybe we shouldn't expose our ignorance, but on the other hand there is a ship in the mountains? If there is a way to get it to water, we might use it to leave the island." He says to the crew looking for opinions.

Zerth

First Post
Amira

"Didn't Jagra just say, they referred the giant bird as 'The Great Bird'? If they worship the bird as some sort of deity, this might get difficult," Amira says and looks at the others. "Jagra, be very careful, what you say to them."

"Or do you think I should use the magical scroll Abu gave me now? It contains a spell, that would allow me to speak their language. I could try to negotiate a deal with them," she adds looking at the captain. "The scroll could of course be useful at some later time and Jagra seems to be able to communicate with them... What do you think?"

Remove ads