D&D 5E Underwater Adventures!

The half elf sat quietly as the dwarf spoke. He nodded in agreement on joining the expedition. As the group disperses Xander follows the others outside. He hears Jamoar comment of visiting a brothel and grins. Now that would make for a fun night before returning to the deep.

"I'll join ya as well."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Tai-Tai went along confused. But he is used to slaves doing what they're told and has no problem with using the offered service(s). Lucky for him, his harsh life and maybe outsiders metabolism protect him from any threat inherent in such fun. In the morning, relaxed and enthusiastic at going again into the deep, he fairly bounces on the planks of the pier as he comes to the ship.

Con save: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

OOC: I would expect high(er) level establishments to have some level of protection against diseases? Paladins can cure with a touch, quite inexpensive :)
Jamoar heads out, making for one of the nicer festhalls in town to enjoy some good drink and fine company

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Stamr found that their competition is about a day behind your own group, which matches what Kanglin told you. So far, the group is made up of a Dwarf, two halflings and two humans. The halflings are twins, Hector and Hyctor. Hector is a Sorcerer and the other a Rogue, both of which have some renown. The Dwarf, Brist, is a female wizard. The two humans are a bard and a fighter, though not much else is known about them. They seem to be new to the area.

Morning comes! Some of you wake up feeling more refreshed, and others wake up feeling more satisfied, but everyone is excited to get going.

Kanglin joins you, something about wanting to keep an eye on his "investment." The crew of the ship bustles about as the ship takes off from port, everyone aboard and ready. It should take about a day to get where you're going.

Fast Forwarding a few hours.

Zander and Jamoar aren't feeling all that great, slightly disoriented and, running a slight fever. Nobody thinks anything of it at the time (I'm talking to you, Paladin), as the two, having both been seaman, help the crew with keeping the ship going.

Until a crewman accidentally drops something on Zander's foot. it didn't hurt much, but the pain made Zander start laughing. And laughing. And laughing some more. Jamoar, a moment later, also falls into a fit of laughter. Neither can hardly breathe through the fit.

OOC: Secret DM Roll behind screen! [roll0]

You may both do another Con Save before we move on.

Oh, and you both have 1 level of exhaustion.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
OOC: Con Save: 1d20+6 18
To be fair, originally you'd asked for a Con check, which is what I rolled initially. Because I rolled so low it's moot, but I am proficient in con saves! So this time I'm rolling a save, not a check

EDIT/UPDATE: knowledge check as I roll to know what I've come down with? Knowledge (Dockside Diseases) 1d20+1 17

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Man, what’s with all the high rolls?

Kanglin comes out of his cabin as the laughter dies down and the two party members’ laughter subsides.

“Step away!” He says to his men, who, thankfully, haven’t seem to have been infected, yet. “They’ve got the Shrieks. Cackle Fever, I’m bettin’. Not a usual disease, but thankfully it usually won’t kill you. Bet you went whorin’ last night. Bah, shoulda warned ye. Me brother owns some o’ the brothels in town.”

He looks around at the party. “Looks like me brother gave us a little gift to slow us down. Probably had it in yer drink, or maybe even infected the whores right before ye came in. Unless ye got some way to cure the disease, I’m afraid we either lock these two up in the brig, or turn back and find someway to cure it. I can’t have me whole crew breakin’ down in fits o’ laughter.”

OOC: Cue the Paladin!

Remove ads