log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Underwater Adventures!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: They're within 30 ft, so attack away.

If you win initiative, go ahead and go.


The Quippers advance quickly, both swarms...um...swarming over one unlucky Sahuagin. When they move away a moment later, the Sahuagin's skeleton, completely picked clean, falls to the ocean floor slowly, where it crumples into a pile of bones.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Tai-Tai, forewarned by his weapon is already pointed straight at the enemy and as one of the larger creatures approaches he fast-swims forward impaling it with all three tines. Ripping the hooks out makes even more damage to the surrounding tissue and cloud of blood darkens the waters around the pair.

"Watch for the sharks!"

The kelp around his shoulders weaves passively around, ending up bunched up on his back, probably due to forward speed. It does make it safe from merrow attack however. The bulbs at one end of the plant scan surrounding waters for additional threats.

[sblock=Actions]
Attack vs frontmost Merrow; damage: 1D20+7+2 = [13]+7+2 = 22
1D6+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D20+7+2 = [4]+7+2 = 13
1D6+6 = [5]+6 = 11
- if 13 misses add Precision attack: 1D8 = [4] = 4
to the roll

Perception: 1D20 = [13] = 13

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Unsettled by the human like creature with tentacles for a mouth, Jamoar unleashed a ray of icy magic at him. Then, to even the odds a little bit he swam to align as many creatures as possible, hoping to get close at least one enemy, then he unleashed a long streak of lightning, catching a few of their foes with one blast.

OOC: Ray of Frost, 60' range1d20+7 23
2d8 10 Plus creature is slowed by 10'
8d6: 35 [8d6=3, 5, 5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 6] quickened spell (2 sorcery points) lightning bolt
DC 15 to take half (unless you're doing something different with electricity in water
Plus any creatures hostile creatures within 10' of me when I cast lightning bolt take 3 additional lighting damage
 
Last edited:


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Stamr reacts swiftly and swims towards the nearest opponent that isn't a swarm. As he does so he pulls out his moon blade, which shines an unholy light in the subaquatic environment. He slashes... and then swims away. "Come and catch me, you silly herring" he shouts, his voice muffled because of the underwater environment and the air bubble that had still lodged in his throat. Still, he tries to draw off some of the enemy.

OOC: Hoping nearest opponent is within 20': move to it.
Action: attack: [roll0]. If a hit damage = [roll1]. Does it have an enemy school of quipper or one of us beside it? If so, add Sneak attack damage of [roll2]. Then move. Hoping he can move more than 40'.

If he will move more than 40', then bonus action to another attack: [roll3], with damage [roll4].

If it's a hit, and he won't move more than 40', then bonus action to dodge.

If it's a miss and he won't move more than 40', then bonus action to dash, for an extra 20'.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Perilor had been quiet so far. He was trying to discover the reasons behind Jamoar's grudge against the sea elves, but so far he had found nothing. Instead of agitating the half-human - for now - Perilor refrains from attacking the same target, instead focusing on another sahuagin.

Swimming towards it quickly, the elf takes a stab at it with his spear, holding it in both hands, then retracts the weapon and using the momentum, punches it with an elbow. Turning with the motion, Perilor's foot swings at the creature just before the spear again flashes at it.

OOC: Move up to one of several suahagin.
Attack (spear): [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage
Flurry Of Blows (2 unarmed strikes; consumes 1 Ki point): [roll2] [roll3] for [roll4] [roll5] bludgeoning damage
Extra Attack (spear): [roll6] for [roll7] piercing damage

[sblock=Ki]Ki points spent: 1/6
Ki save DC: 14

Ki options:
Flurry Of Blows, 1 ki point, bonus action: Two unarmed strikes after attacking with unarmed or monk weapon.
Patient Defense, 1 ki point, bonus action: Dodge.
Step Of The Wind, 1 ki point, bonus action: Disengage or Dash, double jump distance.
Stunning Strike, 1 ki point, part of attack action: Target makes Constitution save or be stunned.
Shadow Arts, 2 ki points, action: Cast Darkness, Darkvision, Pass Without Trace, or Silence.

Cantrip known: Minor Illusion (Shadow Arts; DC 14) [/sblock]
 


tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Here's a roll to see how many of the bad guys are hit by the lightning bolt:

[roll0]

And their dex saves, with disadvantage due to water being conductive!
[roll1] or [roll2]

Just so we can keep this straight, I'll change this when I see the rolls:

Tentacle Guy: Barely injured and slowed!

Merrow 1: Injured and bleeding from Tai Tai's trident!
Merrow 2: Uninjured
Merrow 3: Uninjured
Merrow 4: Badly Injured from lightning
Merrow 5: Badly Injured from lightning
Merrow 6: Badly Injured from lightning

Sahuagin 1: Quipper poop
Sahuagin 2: Chopped to pieces by Stamr's Moon blade! (From the first hit. Not sure what you want to do with all those options...we'll say they were within 20 ft, so what did you want to do?)
Sahuagin 3: Badly injured (By Perilor's unarmed strikes! Both Spear attacks missed...)
Sahuagin 4: Charred Husk from Lightning
Sahuagin 5: Charred Husk from Lightning
Sahuagin 6: Charred Husk from Lightning

Xander misses cleanly! Twice!

So that's Tentacle guy and all six Merrow still living, but not happy, and only one Sahuagin still ticking. I think it's they're turn! But that'll be the next post. So exciting!
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
"Form up!" The tentacular man says, cold and frostbite clear on his flesh. The Merrow tighten their formation, though the lone Sahuagin merely throws his spear at Perilor as he tries to swim away (you get an AoO.)

Spear to Perilor: [roll0]
Damage: 4

The Tentacle man's eyes go slack, and he seems to swell without actually changing size. When he speaks again, his voice is different, booming, all encompassing in its finality and awesomeness, seeming to come from some distant world where the owner of the voice, obviously not the man himself, is ruler without rival.

"Vrackoom breesee compaltor!"

The words reverberate into your very souls, fear welling from within. (Make a Charisma save, DC 14, or be Frightened for 1 minute.)

The Merrow team up on one enemy at a time, all choosing Tai Tai, as he is closest. They have apparently decided to focus their attacks.

OOC: There are six Merrow, and they each get 2 attacks. Going to do three here and three in the next post.

Morrow 1:
First Attack: [roll1]
Damage: 11
Second Attack: [roll2]
Damage: 11

Morrow 2:
First Attack: [roll3]
Damage: 11
Second Attack: [roll4]
Damage: 11

Morrow 3:
First Attack: [roll5]
Damage: 11
Second Attack: [roll6]
Damage: 11
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC:
Morrow 4:
First Attack: [roll0]
Damage: 11
Second Attack: [roll1]
Damage: 11

Morrow 5:
First Attack: [roll2]
Damage: 11
Second Attack: [roll3]
Damage: 11

Morrow 6:
First Attack: [roll4]
Damage: 11
Second Attack: [roll5]
Damage: 11


OOC:
Ouch! Seven hits! That's 77 HP! You down for the count, Tai Tai, unless you have a means for mitigating some of those attacks!

Everyone else, make your Charisma Save vs DC 14, and you're up!
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Quippers immune to being frightened.
Kaeldos Not so lucky, rolled a 10 total

Swarm #1 atk Merrow #5 w/advantage
[roll0], or [roll1]
[roll2]

Swarm #2 atk Merrow #6 w/advantage
[roll3], or [roll4]
[roll5]


"Get those two! Help Tai-Tai!" Kaeldos screams through the water, and even though the swarm of hungry fish don't know who Tai-Tai is they readily obey the druids command, circling around the evil-Merrow.

Worried about the spell caster Kaeldos moves around to put the fighting Merrow between him and whatever the creature is. With his view partially blocked he waves his free hand in a tight circle in front of him and then extends his arm to point at one of their assailants.

OOC: Move: 40' from the main fight with Tai-Tai
Action: cast Hold Person on Merrow #2 WIS save DC14
Bonus Action: none
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
They are large, can they crowd close enough to attack me all at the same time? I'll make better post in the evening...
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Wow, didn’t realize they were large. Which makes no sense because they were made from Merfolk, which are medium.

But it doesn’t matter. Yes, they can crowd you, because you’re in the water. They can go over and under. You don’t have 8 5ft squares around you, you have 26.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Good point. But large also means taking more space moving. There May be OA from another character and one I wounded might die. Also, we (the party) all moved forward to attack and maybe (we don't have a map) we are close enough to prevent at least one from passing through.

Only way I can prevent an attack is to use riposte maneuver on a miss and hope it kills the target thus preventing second attack. No instant action defenses. I have Lucky feat, but I cannot check at the moment if I can force re-roll on the enemy.

Finally, if I'm to be an example of announced lethality of the module, I'll need some time to create alternate character.
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yes, I can. Lucky feat: You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20, and then choose whether the attack uses the attacker's roll or yours.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Two extra misses, I'm barely alive :)
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Hey! That’s awesome! And ones a Crit Fail, so I’ll say he accidentally speared his fellow.

But they’ve all got a good bit of health, so no ones dead yet.

And I wouldn’t say I was using you as an example, per se. Just a convenient pin cushion.

Also, anyone who speaks Abyssal can understand what the tentacle guy said.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], totaling several posts from above:
My first action was double attack for total of 18 damage on Merrow 1
On Merrow 1 miss: reaction + superiority die (SD) riposte
Riposte vs Merrow 1; damage; SD damage: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
1D6+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D8 = [3] = 3
CRIT!
Crit bonus: 1D6 = [4] = 4

Total of 18 damage on Merrow 1
Assuming typical Merrow (roll20 says they have 42 HP), not enough to kill it to prevent the second attack and hit
Lucky roll 16 still hits 11 damage to Tai-Tai

Merrow 2 misses due to luck and naturally misses with his second
Merrow 3 misses with his first attack and critically misses the second due luck --> maybe he finishes #1 :)
Merrow 4 hits with both for 22 damage to Tai-Tai
Merrow 5 misses and hits for 11 damage to Tai-Tai
Merrow 6 misses and hits for 11 damage to Tai-Tai

Grand total:
Merrow 1 takes 36 damage from Tai-Tai
Tai-Tai takes 55 out of 58 HP;
he is still "standing" and running for his life (Cha Save: 1D20 = [6] = 6)
along with his plant friend (Cha Save: 1D20-2 = [7]-2 = 5 )
 

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jamoar is surprised when the Merrow all swarm around Tai-Tai, slashing into him, though a couple of the swipes that nearly connected Tai-Tai is able to just dodge, their claws swiping through hair where it almost removed scalps. Snorting as one of the Merrow swipes into a companion, he quickly casts a spell and moves to within striking distance and unleashes a cone of lightning fury at the backs of a few of the Merrow surrounding Tai-Tai.

OOC:
EDIT: Forgot to include my save - Charisma Save vs. Fear/Frightened: 1d20+7 [27]
Move 15'
Bonus Action: Cast Dragon's Breath
Action: Breathe Dragon's Breath (Lightning) - 17 damage, 15' cone trying to hit 3 Merrorw or 4 if I can get them; DC 15 Reflex save for half, then swim back 15' to get to more than full move distance from some of them.
Move 15' back
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As the last sahuagin throws his spear at Perilor, the sea elf takes the hit in order to counterattack the foul creature, a powerful leg kicking out but just missing the creature's head.

Then a powerful voice rings inside the elf's head, and it triggers something primal. Fear.

"Stop- stop that one!" Perilor whispers loudly, then manages to focus his mind and evoke a secret trick taught only to the most disciplined sea elf soldiers: the Stilling of the Water.

The water surrounding the tentacled man becomes completely still and silent, hushing the words that seconds before frightened Perilor so.

OOC: Opportunity attack (unarmed) on sahuagin: [roll0] for [roll1] bludgeoning damage
Cha save: [roll2]

Frightened condition (disadvantage on ability checks and attacks, cannot voluntarily move closer)
Use Ki points to cast Silence (Shadow Arts, concentration, 2 ki points), targeted on the kraken priest. No save :)

[sblock=Ministats]
AC 17
HP 41/45
Ki points spent 3/6
Ki save DC 14

Ki options:
Flurry Of Blows, 1 ki point, bonus action: Two unarmed strikes after attacking with unarmed or monk weapon.
Patient Defense, 1 ki point, bonus action: Dodge.
Step Of The Wind, 1 ki point, bonus action: Disengage or Dash, double jump distance.
Stunning Strike, 1 ki point, part of attack action: Target makes Constitution save or be stunned.
Shadow Arts, 2 ki points, action: Cast Darkness, Darkvision, Pass Without Trace, or Silence.

Cantrip known: Minor Illusion (Shadow Arts; DC 14)[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underwater
Morning
Round 1

Initiative: 1D20-1 = [16]-1 = 15

Charisma save: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20

Corus saw Tai-Tai get swarmed and swam to help him. He surged up on the Merrow. He laid into the merrow with his trident.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action (Extra Attack): 2 attacks
Trident attack: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8

Bonus:
Free:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Trident attack: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
https://ddb.ac/characters/3088594/zuPvjH
AC: 19
HP: 52/52 HD: 6/6d10+2
Initiative: -1
PP: 10
PI: 10

Channel Divinity (1/R, DC 13)
  • Nature’s Wrath
  • Turn the Faithless

Divine Sense: 3/LR
Lay on Hands: 20/30

Spells
Divine Smite: 2d8 radiant+1d8/spell level higher than 1st (max 5d8)+1d8 vs fiends/undead
1) 4/4: Bless (C), Compelled Duel (BA, C), Cure Wounds, Ensnaring Strike (BA, C), Fog Cloud (C)(1/LR), Speak with Animals (R)
2) 2/2: Aid, Gust of Wind (C) (1/LR); Misty Step (BA); Moonbeam (C)
3) 0/0: Wall of Water (C)(1/LR)
4) 0/0: Dominate Beast (C, DC 15, beast with innate swim speed, 3 charges; recover 1d3/dawn)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Treasure hunting in undersea city
What killed the leviathan?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Kaeldos Nalorn - Triton druid (land)
Jamoar Gallentra - Half-elf storm sorcerer
Tai-Tai - Water genasi battlemaster
Perilor Kelpwood - sea elf monk (shadows)
Stamr Cavehaven - dwarf rogue (scout)
Xander Corvus - half-elf hexblade
[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top